27 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 10:45 AM by tjmoore365 RSS

mw3 xbox 360  terminal

ok so befor me and my mates was going to have a private match then another friend joined who doesnt have elite and on the left hand side it stated...terminal disable ....... does not have the map pack,has anybody else had this?

• Re: mw3 xbox 360  terminal
    starbuckfrack

azzydaman85 wrote:

ok so befor me and my mates was going to have a private match then another friend joined who doesnt have elite and on the left hand side it stated...terminal disable ....... does not have the map pack,has anybody else had this?

Well Terminal is delayed first of all. MIGHT come in a week.

With every other map the other guy needs to have Elite Premium.

If that dont help then I cant understand the question.

Wow you have terrible grammar. Please tell me you are in 1st grade.

nicedrewishfela

What is this obsession with getting maps we've already had... I don't understand the fascination. Terminal has been done. Its been played. Lets move on and get some NEW, INNOVATIVE MP maps. Go back and play MW2 if you are so intent on playing it.

Thedestoyer

No kidding, man. You said it. I'm so tired of seeing people whine about old maps, old guns and whatever else they think will make this game any better. It won't.

If you want terminal, go play MW2 like nicedrewishfela said.

nicedrewishfela

Its so crazy to me. I don't know about you, but I must've played Terminal over a thousand times on MW2. I am over it.

I understand being sentimental, there are a lot of maps that I loved... but bringing them into new games isn't always a good idea.It didn't do much for me when MW2 did it. This community just gets so into a comfort zone. They want to know all the spawns, know "their spot", and anything new is noobish and bad.

I wish people would stop asking for old stuff and start pressing these Devs to create new, innovative maps. Do something we've never seen before. More Cargo boxes, cement barriers, and moving trucks? Hmmm, never seen that before.... I love seeing things like Vortex. Its got spawn issues, but its so unlike the other maps in this game. Its got unique set pieces, and the storm in the background is a cool visual effect. They could have done more with it for sure, but its a cool change from the same, cement environments we've seen repeatedly.

I really wish someone would explain what this community's fascination with the past is. That AK 74u rumor, for example. People are all up in arms about it coming back.... why? If they are going to bring in guns (ain't gonna happen)... Why wouldn't we ask for a new gun, something we've never seen? Blows my freakin' mind.

tjmoore365

It isn't necessarily the fascination with the past that drives those who want to see the old maps come back. It's the fact that we would have more than enough maps to keep us entertained. Playing any of these new maps 20 times in one night is a bit rediculous, and playing any map 4 or 5 times in one night makes most people want to play on a different map. So, a good solution, not necessarily the best or perfect solution, but a good one, would be to bring back some or maybe even all of the old maps from CoD4:MW and MW2. Most people would be lucky to play the same map twice in one night at that pont. It's about the amount of maps, so why not bring back maps that we've played on before? Asking for a bunch of new maps when we will only be able to play them for the next 4 1/2 months until we all migrate over to Black Ops 2 is a bit rediculous. It's like saying "We want new maps that we want to pay for so we can play them for a short time." to the developers, just to have them laugh at us and say "Sure, we're glad to take more money from you for something that you're going to get little use out of." Out of all of the DLC for MW2 and Black Ops, I didn't get to play them for more than 6 months, so would it be really bad if they brought back some DLC maps from MW2 and put them in MW3? Not really.

I think saying "new and innovative" and "MW3" in th same sentance is an oxymoron.

stonculd

I think people want to try them out with the MW3 setups and I get that, but yeah I am not going to be upset if they don't release them on this game. I think it is highly unlikely that they will anyway.

MW2 had amazing maps but sadly they were all ruined due to known issues.. such as the famous OMA noob tubes. I could care less about this "oh boo hoo we already played these" because they are way better than the DLC maps we have now. I don't want to explain how many rip off maps there are, but for one example Overwatch is a really bad ripoff of Highrise. Anyway, considering the developers are so lazy and can only make faceoff maps, I'd much rather have Multiplayer maps implemented from older CODS, with graphics up to par of course. This makes their job easier without them making more **** maps. IMO this drop was really bad, most things were copied and pasted anyway, you can tell U-Turn is a smaller version of Downturn. Intersection also had many objects gathered together from other maps. I really loved Vortex, as it reminds me of Wasteland and Overgrown (the good ol' great sniper maps). Most (more than half) MW3 maps are so cramped together I don't even know why Snipers are in the game, they are only fully effective by quickscoping. The sad thing is Vortex wasn't really well thought out, Air Suppost will DESTROY you on that map, to the point where the Blind Eye perk is essential. There's really no spots to hide from assault kilstreaks in it, only a chicken coop and a small bus. Wasteland was similar to this, only having a few houses to take cover from. Vortex was great, but it could've had so much more potential, which is what honestly irritates me. They need to Drop the Spec Ops missions because Arctic Recon failed, there's no epicness or "thrill" to spec ops anymore. The only thrill I've seen from Spec Ops from mw3 was the Task Force 141 mission. That actually seemed thought out and not half-assed.

poisonvein7

so because ur on a rooftop its automatically highrise, and because ur in a field with bushes and grass its overgrown and wasteland...hmm..so does the make favela downturn? theres buildings in it ooo and cement walls yep they definately copied favela (note the sarcasm)

scolia5044

I can just picture me sniping with Rsass while enemies are coming out of the plane

maccabi

terminal with the ims killstreak yeah great

yadamus

I would just love to play some old maps without getting OMA noob tubed. Even to this day, people still use OMA in MW2...

TheUnabomber55

yeah i saw the same thing i wonder when they release it

TheUnabomber55

yeah i saw the same thing i wonder when they release it

jessedart

all old maps should came as standard for free with new incarnations of mw/cod

so

mw2 = maps (cod4 _ mw2)

mw3 = maps (cod4 + mw2 + mw3)

Terminal might be released this month on Xbox 360 for free to everyone, and next month on ps3 and pc free for everyone.