19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 1:37 PM by monkeylord RSS

Ignorant Players on Call of Duty

Bettis123

They do not admit they have any lag or connection advantage and that they are far better then the people they "beat" in an online match.. they assume that the game is working properly for everyone and how that people are running up to him and not even shooting is just something normal.. or someone looking at him for 2 seconds.. then shooting is normal..

Its outright bullcrap.. especially against quickscopers who are so far off mark its not even funny.. or you could be aiming down at them far before and somehow when they kill you on their screen.. you were looking at them blankly.. and not even shooting a bullet..

I admit when people beat me, or i made a mistake, why can't most players admit that maybe the game does bring a great advantage to them and makes it far easier for them to get kills because of the advantages of the spawns and the lag compensation/connection.

I run into many games were i am compensated by lag.. and people just tell me that i suck.. when in most situations were i am shooting a guy that is running at me.. it shows me just staring at him and not even doing a thing until a second later. They just assume that i have bad reactions or what.

This game has been a complete bust in being fair in any online multiplayer game mode... in many of the gun fights i have had.

• Re: Ignorant Players on Call of Duty
    Snipingdbag

I leave until I find a good relatively local lobby, unless the Gods give me the advantage in said lagvested lobbies, it's always a lottery and hosting is a nightmare in said lobbies. I don't mind my bullets shooting marshmallows as long as the enemy does as well. What now happens is you shoot marshmallows they insta-kill you, unplayable.

Bettis123

I can find a good lobby but.. one match later... a new guy appears and the hosts are just all messy.. it is really hard to get a consistent host or game.. that does not disadvantage players.

A lot of people you see with 2... 3... 4..+ kd's are not even playing smart.. they just outright rush and somehow get the kills.. despite being shot at and being out smarted in many ways.

I had two of my best scoring games in "Drop Zone" 6700 and 6300, but thats besides the point.. next match.. i got messed up really bad in a consistent amount of gun-fights.. were i could hardly land a hitmarker on a guy that was running at me. It just seems to me that people just assume that people are bad and they do not look at all the factors that could have happened in that moment. I know people are better then me, but i just feel like i get out right ripped off... and then ripped on by the guys that compensate me in a match.

Snipingdbag

Nobody decent wants to host as you notice the disadvantage / slowing down effect immediately. So yeah less good hosts, more laggy games, bigger ping intervals compared to mw2  = more potentially laggy out of sync players joining.

Bettis123

More and more people i play still being stupid and ignorant, not even listening to me, acting like retarded children, not even going to show any respect at all for reasons why they did so well in the match and why i somehow have a disadvantage in most gunfights.. instead they start making noises and acting stupid instead of listening to what i got to say... i hate my generation, i wish i was born in 1970.

BanHaMMer

I find that, your in a good lobby then one guy joins and the lobby goes to shyte

Why is that?

seriously, as nothing seems to obviously change.

Thankyou if you can answer

HEREIAMNOW

I honestly lag the first game I play.  After I stay in the lobby it seems to balance out.  There is always that one person that always gets the instant kill and there is that person that goes 1 and 20.

Your true talent will never be tested in this game, but you have to learn how the enemy team plays during the game.  If you are on the bad side of lag just flank them.

If I am on the bad side of lag i will start out getting a final stand death streak pretty early in the game.  Only to end up the leader of my team with almost a 2.0 kd for the game.

Lag sucks and we keep playing the game.  So just get over it.

wridtrvlr

Lag is the number one factor in this game.  Many times when I start a game going way negative, I know we are in a laggy lobby.  Yesterday I started a match on Interchange and went 0-1-11... I was po'd to say the least.  Slowed down b/c the connection was f'd, turned the game around and ended the match 24-1-14.  Good enough turn around for me, especially with the lobby we were in. 

adsjones

I Love These ppl on MW3 that think they are

>> Champion Of The COD World <<

Maybe champ of having shite internet and getting advantage over better people but thats it

WKMMS

douche bags exist in all walks of life... the anonymity of the internet tends to bring this out even more in people... don't rise to them and don't let them bother you either.  Doing well at this game, or any game really is nothing worth bragging about... and talking smack to complete strangers is pityful... just laugh it off as the desperate cries of the insecure attention seekers that it is.  some games I do great, some I do bad... doesn't matter a damn in the real world

trust me there are just as many ignorant people on this site as there are in the game. You can't fix stupid you just have to get use to it.

Bettis123

Hard to get used to something that happens to you on a regular basis.. how can you say you are good if you cannot back it up due to the lag in this game created artificially? Even try playing a 1v1 game and winning while you get lag compensated.. were you are 1 second behind the guy you shoot.. and he just turns around and drops you. at the end of the match he is like.. "haha you suck" "your just making excuses, its not lag, its you".. i want to play this fun fast paced game and enjoy it and understand when i make mistakes.. but when the game makes mistakes more then you do.. you really start to get angry at everything around you.

i dont know exactly whats wrong with this game so i wont be too specific, but i do know this much.... for some reason its never not laggy....and it seems as tho what u do is a half a second behind the server, always! for example, u will be running and go around the corner and see someone with a shotgun, u shoot straight at him and no bullets hit, u watch the killcam and on his screen u didnt shoot at all and he blasts u...so in other words, the competition in a public match will never be fair or legit because of this problem..another is sometimes ill knife someone and knife straight into them and then they knife me, i watch killcam and i just run and do nothing and he knifes me...theres no excuse for the company its just a poor uncompetitive game... i have upgraded my internet to 30 MBPS download and 8 MBPS upload and i still lag so theres no excuses.... its just one of the worst CoDs out

Bettis123

Yea that is out right bull crap.. artificial lag created in the game to disadvantage people in the game.. they did this just to give the people with the advantage to buy their products and keep playing. I will on the other hand not buy elite.. and not buy another one of their products if they are going to rip me off with this public online gaming system.

If they had half a mind.. they could make the game experience good for everyone.. and more people would buy their products but no.. too much work.

I hate my friggin generation.. says my 18 year old self.

Bettis123

I will keep on posting about this issue until the day it gets fixed because of how much i deal with it on a gamely basis.. last game was a 50 ms lobby and i get destroyed in practically every gun fight.. gotta love this garbage game. I have no other cod so im screwed.

Haven't found a lobby under 100ms in at least a week and a half. Tonight, I guess was Spanish-language lobby night. I want to play, but Jesus, and that is GEEZUS, not HEYZEUS, it's difficult to remember when the last good game I found was. Sniping sure as hell isn't fun when you are playing at the disadvantage I have to play under, since I pay for my own internets and have the best for the area I live in.

Imagine a CoD: Future Title beta test. I understand they might be able to pump out a new game every year, but I'm betting the quality of the game would be a lot nicer. O well, guess I'm dreaming. They just have us buy the "finished game", then "fix" the issues as they arise. Right?

I wish after they get this beta game to a production product, they RESET ALL THESE BULL$H1T STATS. The game has been broken from the beginning, reset EVERONE'S stats!!