1 2 3 4 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2012 5:21 AM by atiredoldguy Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*
    Thesandman

I personally dislike QSrs as its the improper use of a sniper rifle imo. I know i will get flamed for saying this by the QS community,but you and i know that i am correct when i say that you don't use the sniper the way its meant to be used.

Whos fault is it? Imo sniping in Black ops was fair and they just brought QS back into this game to appease the moaners. I do respect someone who can do it and is skilled at it, but hate the QS on my team who go 5-18 just to get a QS killcam.

All in all i don't hate QS,its just not my idea of fun.

• 11. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*
    xxphenomen4xx

firstly okuhlpas, thank u for wording it that way, and not like a gas can!  anyways, u have to be able to qs if u snipe, its just the people who bring a sniper to a cqb fight in dome that erk me!  a true quikscope should be where u actually zoom and hold in a pinch, not the jerky style where ur going for the auto aim, in my opinion!?

• 12. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*
    RiviTHeaD

I just hate quick scopers, because I can't do it, but I play against some friends who are awsome quickscopers and I can usually beat them with an ACR no problem, I get the same quick shot as they do, it just comes down to the quality of connection. If you have the good connection you will usually have that 1 second differance to get your shot off first. You see it on kill cams all the time. He who doesn't lag wins. Get in a new lobby and quit ******** its the way the game plays and will never get better, becuase activision has to sell the game and not everyone has great internet connection so they have to downgrade so that everyone can play. Nature of the beast, that we love and hate so much!!!!

• 13. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*
    adsjones

Ive only ever honestly encountered maybe 2 good qs's on mw3 getting kills, I was a fan of it in MW2 and BO's but i havent done it in MW3 too much as I am not that good at it anyways.

I think the HEAT you always get is b'cos there are sooooo many "kids" - like you say trying to 360 wallbang etc and loosing games. People also dont like being QS esp by a lower prestige if It happens to me and it was a good kill ill let them know if not ill keep quiet but know that it was more luck than skill.

Saying that tho i dont think that QS is a talent as such as it does use the game to a degree.

Polish a turd lmao havent heard that in years!!!!

• 14. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*
    rlbl

(WALL OF TEXT WARNING)

Here is my opinion (and yes it is just mine)

Game Mechanics.. someone above said it is the abuse of game mechanics. You asked why, and they did/could not answer. Here is my answer:

It is a combination of the following:

- With a sniper you should not be able to ADS that fast (BO got it right)

- For a split second your x-hairs are right on target*

- The sniper can be a OHK from any distance on the map

- Aim assist (but aim assist exists on all guns so it is not specific to snipers)

* being able to pre-aim for your x-hairs to be on target when you zoom in is where the skill lies, so I am not saying there is no skill involved.

The combination of this means that you have a HUGE and unjustified advantage over anyone else (assuming you are good at it).  I hear a lot of people say "Someone who is good at Qscoping would be just as good with any gun".

THIS IS FALSE... and here is why (as demonstrated by a likely scenario)

Person A: uses an AR, SMG or even a shotgun (and does not get a OHK)

Person B: uses a Sniper with a QS setup (Quick Draw and likely Steady AIM... but the key is QD)

Person A gets the jump on person B and starts to shoot (let's say it is an AR which is going to require 3 bullets)

1st shot, on target.. Person B flinches

2nd shot, on target.. Person B jumps and does a 180 and manages to ADS

Person A is about to get a 3rd shot off for the final kill

Result, Person A is winning the gunfight... and loses because he gets quick scoped.

See what happened here? If person B (the "skilled" quickscoper) also had an AR, this would have happened:

Person A gets the jump on person B and starts to shoot (let's say it is an AR which is going to require 3 bullets)

1st shot, on target.. Person B flinches

2nd shot, on target.. Person B jumps and does a 180 and manages to ADS

Person A is about to get a 3rd shot off for the final kill

Result, Person A is winning the gun fight. Person B manages to get a shot off right on Target.. but... Person B DIES because Person As 3rd shot kills him because his shot was not a OHK.

If a quickscoper gets the jump on me (from any distance) and quick scopes me (or hard scope. drag scope, insert-made-up-term-here scoped) I am 100% fine with that. Why... cause he got the jump on me!

It is dumb as hell that I can totally win a gun fight/game and lose at the same time for these reasons:

- Final Stand (BO failed here with 2nd chance)

- Dead Mans Hand

- Hell Any DEATH STREAK

- Quick Scoping

- Nukes (MW2)

- etc...

I do not mean to bash IW/MW* games but there is way too much stupidity going on here.

* BO yes did have 2nd Chance, and Vahn apologized for it (twitter) and I sure hope he was sincere so that crap is not in BO2.

• 15. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*

I get where your comming from. I can't lie it definately isn't how a sniper is supposed to be used, but it's cod. I find it fun because I'm actually pretty good at it. I'm all for getting out of you guys that use regular guns if BO 2 had QS only playlists. And I agree I hate when people on my team are going super negative QS then try to call everyone else bad. I'm not gonna say I drop hammers everytime I pick up a sniper, I have my bad games but 1. I take the deaths and don't cry because I put myself at a disadvantage and 2. If I feel I'm being too much of a burden on my team I'll leave and play some FFA for awhile.

What I really hate is people like RexxCastle who say its a glitch, exploit, or luck. It can't possibly be a glitch or exploit because QS is so widespread and known if it was a screw up on the devs part it would have been patched and ended back in CoD4 or maybe even sooner. Its not luck because is a skill you have to get better at. If it were all luck you would never see any quickscopers do any good because they would only get one or two "lucky" kills per game.

• 16. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*
    Snipingdbag

Because it's fckin annoying especially with lag & qdraw pro aka smg-ads speed on an ohk weapon. Also Marksman makes me hate every single sniper. (I rarely snipe in this game).

You should play like however you like and not give a f-ck about what others say of your playing style though. (As long as you try to play the objective imo). Game is too connection based to take seriously anyway.

• 17. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*

I agree.

rlbl wrote:

quick scopes me (or hard scope. drag scope, insert-made-up-term-here scoped)

And I literally laughed out loud on that because of the truth to it.

• 18. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*
    sennalike

Not all guns are OHK though, that is the major difference.  I only really dslike QSers on small maps, which is most of MW3 maps.  There is a place for the sniper in large maps but not running around using the sniper rifle like an smg.  Fortunately there is a very cool counter to these sorts in MW3 - the shotgun.  You move too fast even for a QSer to get you and you also have a OHK weapon.  Sniper rifle damage multipliers should only count over range, that would help a big deal.  Oh no you can't do that cry the QSers, well give me a valid reason, and I will easily counter it.

• 19. Re: Why do people hate decent quick scopers? *Constructive thread PLEASE*

I dislike it because its annoying, especially as sometime you can walk around a corner bump into each other then a quick L1, R1 and im dead, kinda like the 'panic knife'

However, i only really hate the ones who think they can do it, and go super negative, especially if they're on my team of course.

Then i hate it even more so if you kill them whilst they're attempting quickscoping and message you, moaning at you for it

1 2 3 4 Previous Next