20 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 5:22 PM by teanah RSS

[ UPDATE: FIXED ] MW3 Xbox 360 Elite members: PLEASE READ

teanah

If you have Modern Warfare 3 installed on your HDD, please read the following because this applies to you:

We have encountered issues today folks downloading the latest Elite drop (13-15). If you run into of the issues below (which are only occuring to those with MW3 installed on their hard drive), please follow our suggestions until further notice.

Content not working after 6/19 Title Update

1. Select "Store" in MW3 multiplayer.
  2. Select " Download All Available" in the MW3 Store to download key updates for content-- this includes former maps you already own. (You won't be prompted to redownload the former maps, just keys for each that should only take a few seconds)
  3. Back out to the 360 Dashboard to finish downloading content which will activate it.

Arctic Recon Spec Ops Mission not loading

(WARNING: THIS RESETS YOUR SPEC OPS STATS-- we are working on urgent fix. We advise you to NOT play this mission if you don't want S/O stats reset)

1. Launch MW3 special ops running off HDD
  2. Select Find Match > "The struggle continues with all new maps"
  3. Back out of the lobby and you'll gain the ability to load any new maps

Out of Memory

1. Launch Multiplayer
  2. Load a previously released map in private match mode
  3. Exit out of the private match
  4. Play the new content
  • Re: MW3 Xbox 360 Elite members: PLEASE READ

I tried you instructions but since my hard drive is almost full I had to make space (delete the original DLC) before I coudl download them again. I hope it will work as it is taking a very long time. This may ne due to everyone with this same issue trying all ay once.

Hi, I got on tonight and downloaded the new DLC and was really excited. After I downloaded the maps, I went to play them in Split Screen with a friend, and I got "Out of Memory" message. I was a little confused, so I started up a private match, I got all the way down to "Intersection" and as we started playing, my buddy, myself and 2 other friends got booted from the game and it said out of memory to us all. I looked it up on here and I looked to see if I had the game installed on my hard-drive, but i don't have it installed. One of my buddies got his to work after he did the old map in private match, but mine didn't. Is there anything that might be casuing it?

teanah

NoLifeGrimm wrote:

Hi, I got on tonight and downloaded the new DLC and was really excited. After I downloaded the maps, I went to play them in Split Screen with a friend, and I got "Out of Memory" message. I was a little confused, so I started up a private match, I got all the way down to "Intersection" and as we started playing, my buddy, myself and 2 other friends got booted from the game and it said out of memory to us all. I looked it up on here and I looked to see if I had the game installed on my hard-drive, but i don't have it installed. One of my buddies got his to work after he did the old map in private match, but mine didn't. Is there anything that might be casuing it?

That doesn't sound good; reported the issue and it will be fixed soon.

trialstardragon

If you do not have MW3 installed Recon will not reset your stats. I uninstalled MW3 a few months ago to open up space for other games. I downloaded the dlc about 10am and then went and played on the recon map, it loaded fine and never caused my stats to reset. Nor did I have any of the other problems that people are saying happens.

teanah

yes, if you do not have mw3 installed, you won't have any of these issues

Hi Teanah,

since I invested quite some time in Spec Ops, I'm quite shocked that IW releases DLC that is capable to erase my personal progress in the game under certain circumstances. You do testing, right? You do testing under real-world conditions? QA failed many times in the patching process but this is totally unacceptable.

Anyway...regarding your previous post I would like to ask you some questions:

teanah wrote:

yes, if you do not have mw3 installed, you won't have any of these issues

- Are you 100% sure that if I delete my installation of MW3 prior to downloading and playing any of the latest DLC drop items, none of my stats will get altered in any possible way?

- After sucessfully playing the new Spec Ops mission without reseting my stats, is it possible to install the game to the harddrive again? If this scenario hasn't been tested yet, some of the responsible devs should do this like NOW because COD discs probably never were meant for playing by the sounds they make.

- If I understood the coverage right, the problem occured because XBL games are not supposed to have that much DLC. Will these kinds of problems occur each following DLC or will the long overdue patch deal with future issues too?

best regards,

really annoyed customer

This is so upsetting. I HAVE to have MW3 installed on my HDD in order to play it. If not, I get "Disk is not readable" and can't play the game. Had that issue from day ONE. With it installed, no problems.

So, with this new ELITE drop, I have to uninstall MW3 from the HDD in order to play the new stuff. But I can't play that way because I get "Disk not readable". With MW3 installed, If I try to play the new Face off maps, I get "Out of memory 2". If I try and old map, its "Out of memory 5" WTF am I to do!?!? The above suggestions do not work for me.

Plus my Spec Ops stats got reset and all I did was go into the Spec Ops menu, got prompted something like if you continue your stats will be reset, Continue or Cancel? I hit cancel and all was reset anyway... Will our stats get restored or are they lost? This is upsetting.

This game had such great potential and could have been great. After 7-8 months later and its still plagued with terrible lag/out-of-sync issues, bad spawning(especially Demolition and FFA), and now stuff like this...?? 

ELITE... those clowns are a whole other problem and developer anyway.

bhokilla

any updates on this, i have it installed and would rather just wait to confirm my stats will not be reset if i play the new mission, ps it was kinda tricky to get it to pop up, but after backing in and out a few times i figured it out haha, still havnt played it out of fear of having my spec opps stats reset, i got overacheiver and unstoppable, and 3 stars in all new spec opps haha

bhokilla

any updates on this, i have it installed and would rather just wait to confirm my stats will not be reset if i play the new mission, ps it was kinda tricky to get it to pop up, but after backing in and out a few times i figured it out haha, still havnt played it out of fear of having my spec opps stats reset, i got overacheiver and unstoppable, and 3 stars in all new spec opps haha

bhokilla

any update on this, i got the game installed so id rather wait till the problem is fixed to play it, other then that i did have some trouble getting the map to show up but after following the steps and backing in and out i got it to show up, still havnt played it out of fear of having my spec ops stats reset, and update when this problem is fully fixed would be appreciated i wanna play the new mission!

bhokilla

wow, it told me error posting both times so i realoded the page and weant into advanced editor, only to see it already popped up a bunch, typical cod nonsense lol

jkrandy

on my xbox, when i go to spec ops, by the places to access dlc maps and missions, it says new and then if i pick it it says that new dlc is ready for download in the multiplayer store. mw3 is on my hdd. Should i un-download it? it would still work if i did so i think i will.

teanah

Hey guys,

The dev team has created a fix for these issues (for both having the game installed on your HDD and not), and will let you know when it'll go live as soon as I know.

I'm sorry again for all this trouble.

d_steve_b

If these are only small files why are they showing seperately to the already downloaded content and are showing as the same file sizes.

Is this something that is going to happen all the time,we get multiple versions of the same files because if so people are going to need bigger hard drives.

teanah

Hey everyone,

There should be a title update to fix this problem tomorrow. I'll write here again when I get confirmation it's live and update the patch notes

-T