8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 5:40 AM by maccabi RSS

Do people quickscope using modded controllers?

SitRepPro

I'm not overly bothered about quickscoping as a method being used against me but I see it's pretty prevalent in COD4, especially on maps like Bog (one of my best maps, though I don't like the design of it) and Vacant, so do people use a modded controller to do it for them?  Or have they been playing the game since launch so can do it manually?  Is it against the rules to use a modded controller for this, and if not, where do people get them from?  Does the technique work in WaW, MW2 and MW3?

I'm kinda after some prestige tokens so I'm ranking up in COD4 and when I've finished with that I'll move onto WaW.  Just with all the hacked lobbies I've been placed into, I've always powered down and it's taking an age to prestige.  Black Ops was my first COD game so I'm starting from scratch and I only recently started to play on Domination and Ground War on COD4 as I feel I can earn more XP that way.  I've noticed some godly gamers who do quickscope so I was wondering if it's possible if I can be the same.  I've picked off snipers using the M249 from longer distances than they pick off me so I don't think I'm too bad.  Rather than get sore from the technique and ***** about it, why not see if I can do the same?  I just don't know if it's supposedly against the rules so I don't want any resets.

I got into COD rather late so excuse me if these are stupid questions!

• Re: Do people quickscope using modded controllers?
    D4nth3m4n

I think some people do use modded controllers for rapid fire on single fire weapons, for quick scoping where pulling the left trigger auto zooms in and shoots in one press and also drop shotting where when you left trigger you auto drop. However there are also just fast triger fingers, people who practice quick scoping and drop shotting so its hard to know with the latter two.

SirMaXx

yeah there are alot of annoying mods people use on controllers, I was pricing a custom controller case cover and buttons and saw the amount of stupid mods that there are out there for doing all those annoying tricks in one button press

MaxKirgan

I assume you are talking about the likes of SCUFF controllers? I think some people use them although I'm not sure if the number is great or not. Also I'm sure if they would technically would be considered a modded controller or not. I was arguing with some people on another board about them but there was never 100% clear proof whether they violate COC or not. The person advocating them just kept repeating "well they're sponsored by MLG". Great that means squat if the controller still violates the games' CoC. No idea though. Maybe somebody can get a line on customer support? I'll try shooting them a message twitter.

ReadableOrc7103

Im pretty sure nobody quickscopes with a modded controller. I dislike mods very much. Its unfair. Play the game the way its suposed to be played,

MaxKirgan

SCUFF controllers have different aftermarket moddifications done to them. One of the things they do is change the needed amount of pressure to pull on the trigger buttons. That would definitely have an effect on quickscoping.

SitRepPro

Thank you for the input and everyone else.  Just wondered because COD4 seems so different regarding sniper rifle usage to the other editions of COD games so I thought either they mainly play this game for their lives since launch so have practiced, the game mechanics makes it easier, or they're using modded controllers, or any combination of the above or anything else that can affect it.

I've since had opponents who quickscope like beasts playing Domination and many have seemingly refused to cap giftwrapped flags when their side is losing badly.  Just a little surprised at how fast some of the snipers can shoot as I had one guy who was was shooting at me faster than I do with the MK14 in MW3!

maccabi

MaxKirgan wrote:

SCUFF controllers have different aftermarket moddifications done to them. One of the things they do is change the needed amount of pressure to pull on the trigger buttons. That would definitely have an effect on quickscoping.

scuff controllers are a con plain and simple.

all the "hair trigger " actually is, is a 1p screw that pushes onto the trigger mechanism.Not only does using it reduce the life of your controller considerably but everytime you play a game that isnt CoD that uses the full range of the potentionometer in the trigger you have to unscrew said screw else that game wont function.

and to the person who said they'd ask Scuff good luck getting a straight answer out of them they wont give you one,