28 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2012 12:35 PM by Staind20960-2 RSS

slow connection and lagging on ps3

I just cant understand what is goinig on with server. I have 10mbps intertnet connction which should be more than enough and I am always in the yellow bar.. everyone else almost all 4 green bars. Please can anyone help me on this. This has been like this for months.

• Re: slow connection and lagging on ps3

Contact anyone on Twitter, from IW,and they will inform you that A) They are aware of the issues, and B) Fixes are incoming soon, maybe, probably, might be before Black Ops 2 releases, after which they will stop pretending to care. Pop in Black Ops and check how many people are playing versus the MW3 lobbies. Think there might be an issue?

Sorry, forgot to answer your question. At this time, best bet is to torrent something while you play, or upload a video to Youtube, or maybe stay in Original Maps( hitting select at MP Lobby ). I usually just try to run a couple of these on my laptop while I'm playing, seems to help.

Also, when in a craptastic lagfest, hit your PS button on controller, go to Account Management, next to your friends list, hit Triangle, and select sign out. It's called Dashboarding, and it keeps the losses from piling up where the game has failed you. Bonus, if you were host, no one gets credit for wooping on you when you were down.

zestroy

Hi,

Sorry, it's not your Internet speed but rather the ping rate of your connection.

The game experience is entirely dependent on your connection to the host. To clarify, if you're the host you get the dic but if your connection to the host is better than your opponents then you give the dic.

There are some things you can do to optimize your connection but ultimately it's a crap shoot.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205568462#205568462

tedge

When you do the PS3 internet speed test, does it show the full bandwidth or does it only show 4-5mb down?

silenthutepty wrote:

I just cant understand what is goinig on with server. I have 10mbps intertnet connction which should be more than enough and I am always in the yellow bar.. everyone else almost all 4 green bars. Please can anyone help me on this. This has been like this for months.

mine has been playing like that since patch 1.13

tensor32

It's moments like these that make me hate the producers of the game because the fact that they've known about this issue since DEC/JAN is BS. They should've anticipated this problem beofre they even released the game and made it so that this would never happen.

cee_time_62

this is mine.......http://speedtest.net/result/2031123735.pngnot sure if the ping is any good

40UP

It seems that if you have the greatest connection you are paying for it in games with your death, unlike the old cod games person with the best connection use to rule the game, which I for one would like them to go back to the way it use to be before all the lag com 'cos at least I know why I was dying, now you just really never know.

Mrderpski

There are several factors affecting this :

A) There are several users of your internet therefore making connection slightly slower.

B) Host is from another region

C) Strict NAT

The simple answer here is to make your connection the worst it can possibly be. Then you can be just like the masses of other people in this game that simply cannot be killed. I had my occasional problems with black ops, but this is where I draw my personal line. I even doubled my monthly internet bill in my quest to improve things, only to find out that improving your bandwidth only makes it worse.

How any game developer can release something obviously so broken and consider it acceptable amazes me, even more so that after almost 8 months the problem has only gotten progressively worse with each patch they claimed to be a "fix".

I can say this for certain, if this issue is not resolved at least to some extent before this game fades out(seems it kind of already has for alot of people) I will not buy another game developed by Infinity Ward. True, it might not impact their bottom line, but I will stand on the principle that a company should not be supported in any way if they are going to release broken products and insist there isnt a problem that is beyond the scope of the end users internet connection. Enough said.

EDIT: I used to be a very active forum member here until i had some issue accessing my old forum name after they migrated to the new forums before the MW3 release, hence the "2" behind my name. Just thought I would clarify that so people wouldnt think it was my actual first post.

Thanks very much Staind,, I could not have said it better mysef. It is not fun anymore to play only puts me in a bad mood at the end of the day... I do agree with you and I will never buy again a game from Infinity,, ever,,,unless like you say they do something drastic to fix these problems.. But there is allot of bad players out there that have bad bad internet that are happy campers and think they are great.. this is so sad--- I remember in in Modern Warfare 2 it was nicer to play and seemed to be more or less even for almost all players... Now it sucks................I have given up on trying to figure out how to fix it because there is no way to fix it,,LOL....

There is a way to resolve some of the issues, but it is not cheap and not that easy unless your technically inclined. You can purchase a router that uses DD-WRT firmware have it handle just the traffic to your PS3(disable WIFI unless your using it and dont plug anything else into it) then modify the QoS settings to give your PS3 an artificially bad connection(high latency). I wont detail how to do this because it is borderline cheating in a sense.

I have personally tested that approach using my own setup and it works in most situations.

Disclaimer for anyone considering this: You can seriously mess up your network configuration if you do not fully understand how to configure advanced router settings or multiple routers, try it at your own risk, you have been warned.

Snipingdbag

I thought you just quit this game with all the qsing.

That didnt take long, havent been around in almost a year, yet here you are, same idiot as before. Now since you assumed, let me clarify where I have been. I have been working 60+ hours a week at my job so I simply dont have alot of expendable time anymore. Something you obviously dont know much about since you have time to post at 7:23am, by that time im already at work most mornings. For those here who dont know, im a computer tech, hence my advanced knowledge of networking, etc, etc.

Now in regards to MW3, actually I just take satisfaction is mowing down the masses of idiots who still try to use that exploit(quickscoping) that IW wont man up and get rid of. That said, let me ask you something, since the Assault Rifles now have "idle sway" what's the go to quickscoper excuse for getting killed now. Stay tuned people, whatever excuse he comes back with should be just as idiotic as all those that came before it.

ghamorra

To sum up what everone has said here, lag most likely has nothing to do with your connection (assuming your connection is premium). Lag can be generated by anyone in the lobby with a poor connection as they can slow down the host and cause a chain reaction from their connection to everyone else in the match