8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 11:16 PM by mickilla RSS

Teamwork My Ass

I always thought the point of team death match was to work together as a TEAM towards the same objective. It seems as if every player is out for themselves and there own numbers. I am so tired of playing a game based on team work alone! Please tell me why no one ever has eachother backs? REALLY why do players watch teammates run right out in the open, and  watch their team mate get killed and they keep running in the oppiste direction Avenge my death are you kidding, turn around and pull the triger. The sense of everyone do what you got to do for themselves is rampet in this game. I know all of you are thinking then get into a clan, and i am, but its hard to add to our clan because everyone thinks hey your a chick..you can't play with the big dogs, thats why i can go 19 for 7 right???? I just really would like to see more teamwork, in doing this maybe a team could see less deaths and more kills.Plus better kill streak's from ALL your teams players.I wish more teams would use strategy formulations, set goals, have more coordination between players of same team, i think team work leads to better decisions of all team players, plus there is more of a balance of member contributions. I am ready to find "real" players who are ready to work together to kick some hardcore ass..where the hell is team spirt???????????? THIS ONE FOR ALL CRAP HAS GOT TO GO

• Re: Teamwork My Ass
    trialstardragon

You really expected a game full of random players that only care about k/dr to work as a team. Are you really that foolish. None of the fps games out there on the market really require you to work as a team. Not a single one of them do.

Do not set expectations or make assumptions like this about any game ever, you will only get disappointed by it not happening.

Only in some clans or gamming communitys will you ever see what you want; the general player base does not care about playing that way. This is after all not a sport so no rules of sportsmanship apply here. This is just a game where everyone tries to have the better stats and that is all it is.

So if you want that sort of game play, until you find some friends to play with or a gaming site or community to join, you are not going to get that out of the average player, no matter what you say here on the forums about it; most do not care at all if you do not what is going on.

Not even in a tps game like ME3 mp, where team work is needed more at times beacuse of the number of waves you ahve to survive do you find much team work. That is just the basic way players are today, everyone out for themselves first to protect their stats and scores first.

You want team work then you have 2 options 1)go play battlefield or 2) dont play with a party of randoms it will never happen ok ;D

kastro187420

There is no such thing as a "teammates" when you're not in a party with people you know. The people on your "team" are instead just "people you're not allowed to kill". That's how I look at it anyway. I always just assume it's me vs everyone else, and assume my team is going to be worthless. I'm rarely wrong.

dastealth

kastro187420 wrote:

There is no such thing as a "teammates" when you're not in a party with people you know. The people on your "team" are instead just "people you're not allowed to kill". That's how I look at it anyway. I always just assume it's me vs everyone else, and assume my team is going to be worthless. I'm rarely wrong.

Truer words in regards to the COD gaming community have never been spoken. I find that if I even have 1 person on my team that I am working with my chances of winning increase by at least double.

my friends cant work as a team unless its just me baby sitting with a sniper.if anyone is intested I want to make or join a clan baced on teamwork and play a proper team baced game!

trialstardragon

Yep unless you know them and are in a party going in to the game with a goal and direction and reason. Then the other players are just faceless names that should not be counted on for anything.

SANDRABEE007

i posted a thread like yours on another COD forum and just about got laughed off. KD is king and all others can loose.sadly the other post here are all to true.just about got to a point that playing goal games "dom" "dem" "DZ" are not worth it. when almost all of your team mates are everywhere on the map but neer a flag or bomb.

mickilla

Trouble is, even in a situation where everyone on a team really do try their hardest to cooperate, the random factors always get in the way. Once people start dying and respawning, then all the weirnesses in the system make your actions irrelevant. You spawn in unpredictable places, likely isolated from the team. Enemies appear on your flanks without warning, and odds are there's absolutely nothing you can do to prevent this. Attacks happen quickly, too fast for even the most skilled team to react in time and prevent them. Other gametypes at least partially impose some order onto the spawns, but in TDM? Good luck with that.

For the game to be changed in a way that fixes this, you'll find that the maps and spawn system would have to be radically different. It would be hard to call that COD.