1 2 3 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 3:18 PM by mudd1280 RSS

Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help and feedback.

maccabi

Right *dons spokesperson for @mhcgm head*

I'm expanding this thread now to include other issues/idea/suggestions/rants you guys may have for HC, with the aim of making this the go to thread for all hardcore discussions .

We're currently discussing with Iw some of the issues the hc community has with hardcore as it stands a the moment. One of the issues is that of the knee jerk inclusion of ricochet. What we need is your opinions as the argument has basically boiled down to how we and the devs view the inclusion of ricochet and how it affects the experience you have playing hardcore with ricochet enabled, and whether or not you feel the addition of ricochet has improved or worsened your hardcore experience.

There is no right or wrong answer here, all we are looking for is feedback and a straw poll really as to whether or not you think hardcore is better with or without ricochet and your reasons please try to make them short and concise as its easier to collate.

It might be worth noting the options are as it stands without a recode for 3 tks and boot (very unlikely so consider that "off the table" unless we hear otherwise)  so basically we have four main options:-

Remove ricochet completely and go back to the teamkill and have an ever increasing spawn delay

Remove ricochet from all modes except s&d

Leave ricochet in place

Leave as is and wait for a patch to fix the issues of killstreaks and deployables being destroyed by your own teammates, tactical nades being rendered basically useless as the effect hits you back.

For example my reply to this would be

Return to the original system of no ricochet and a spawn delay as for me ricochet has ruined the fundamental aspects that made hardcore enjoyable for me its removed the experience of teamwork and communication and now punishes me for others mistakes. I find lone players will happily walk into my line of fire as they know they cannot be hurt.

go!

Infinityward will be looking at this thread and going through previous posts to see what people have written.so please dont think your views and opinions will just be wasted.

• 1. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    rankismet

No ricochet... simple.

It's friendly fire for a reason. The issue is more than just being able to destroy a mate's equipment... it's them not being killed by your streak. The stealth bomber... hello.

FF is central to hardcore requiring increased teamwork and communication. Ricochet has fundementally changed HC because you do not have to worry about nade spam, expolsives, KS... you may die but running support does nothing to your teamates. You only kill enemies.

It's become Core+.

My 2 bits.

• 2. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    Cable99

Ricochet is for people who just don't get Hardcore. Part of the challenge is to think, and avoid hitting your teammates. If I wanted mindless gameplay I'd go to Core, where imagination and thought take a backseat to volume of fire. I say an ever-increasing respawn delay is worth a shot.

Last night I got hit with 4 consecutive B2 runs on DOME. There is no way the other team would have tried that if the bombs could kill their own too. They hid in corners w/shotguns and dumped B2 after B2 on us. (They still lost but it certainly wasn't what I'd call fun.)

• 3. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet

My vote is for removal of ricochet, go back to spawn delays, but maybe only give one accidental TK before spawn delays start adding up? Before richochet people were TKing twice just for the hell of it and then carrying on, in all modes. Maybe make TKs 1-3 15 sec spawn delays, and on the 4th TK you have essentially been taken out of the game, and have to wait til the match is over (like a 10 min timeout)? Did that part make sense?

• 4. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    rankismet

One other thought... if you removed the effect on you with flash/consussion nades that hit mates but keep Ricochet?

You really should stop calling it hardcore.

Ricochet is the kneejerk, simple way out to an issue that should have been anticipated during development.

• 5. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    maccabi

rankismet wrote:

One other thought... if you removed the effect on you with flash/consussion nades that hit mates but keep Ricochet?

Ricochet is the kneejerk, simple way out to an issue that should have been anticipated during development.

Candice already suggested that as the mp team got back to her and said they could fix this, but to be honest if they're going to waste man hours recoding to fix the problems adding ricochet added surely that time would be better spent coding in a 3 tk and boot rule or other issues the game has. It also doesnt address the fact we have ricochet .

I did point out that we've been complaining about it since ricochet was dumped on us and the last comment Ghandi made about it months ago was a fix was well down on the list of fixes the mp team had .

• 6. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet

Agreed = 3 team kills your out

5 kicks in 24 hrs= 48 hr ban

and so on..if they just keep track of the T/Killers and make the punishment hard.it will get ride of the need for ricochet.

• 7. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    Cable99

Bottom line is-the flash grenade effect in ricochet mode is a major handicap. Plus, it disables the only in-game resouce to stopping a booster on your team, the ability to stun them senseless so they can't run off to a pre-arranged location to die for their buddy on the other team. Just saying.

• 8. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    rankismet

maccabi wrote:

rankismet wrote:

Candice already suggested that as the mp team got back to her and said they could fix this, but to be honest if they're going to waste man hours recoding to fix the problems adding ricochet added surely that time would be better spent coding in a 3 tk and boot rule or other issues the game has. It also doesnt address the fact we have ricochet .

I did point out that we've been complaining about it since ricochet was dumped on us and the last comment Ghandi made about it months ago was a fix was well down on the list of fixes the mp team had .

Didn't know how much I could go to your discussions... that said...

Deal with Tk's in this manner (bottom of the post).

I doubt they will spend a lot of time changing TK greifing... maybe the easiest thing would be to add TK to the report function?

• 9. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    otisman666

A. I have littel to no faith in the report function anymore.  The only policing IW does is when you present the case in it's entirety to one of the ETs.  So IMO, adding TK to the report function is pretty much worthless.

B. Since I am an HC noob, I am all for Riccochet.  I used to run HC in COD:4 and the TKer's sucked.  Now don't get me wrong, now a days I wouldn't be caught dead in an HC gaem w/o a full team, so the TK thing really is not an issue for me.  But I am thinking of the Greenies

1 2 3 Previous Next