38 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2012 11:00 AM by ChestSplittah RSS

Ingame Reporting System

ChestSplittah

We are always told that we should report activities we are suspicious of with the report feature. Though it has a pretty much useless slot, Offensive Language. Unless they are recording our conversations....that needs to go.

I would like to see a more detailed system.

Boosting can be as far trapping someone in a corner repeatedly and firing a unsilenced weapon to draw the enemy, not necessarily using tac inserts. Trapping someone repeatedly for no other reason than just to be doing it.

I would like to see them do it by categories, that way certain issues can be processed faster than others, due to severity.

Any that would like to opine further, feel free. I'm sure we can come to a feasible system.

-esmorgue

• Re: Ingame Reporting System
    ghamorra

I want a connection reporting system. That way if enough people feel that a player is lagging incredibly they can mark him. After so many reports that player then gets monitored by the server. If his ping is at a certain level or is fluctuating excessively he gets kicked. That should help with the lag switching and horrible match making

I think more players should be getting kicked out of matches. The tolerance is just too much these days, not everyone has the internet to play online gaming

ghamorra wrote:

I want a connection reporting system. That way if enough people feel that a player is lagging incredibly they can mark him. After so many reports that player then gets monitored by the server. If his ping is at a certain level or is fluctuating excessively he gets kicked. That should help with the lag switching and horrible match making

I think more players should be getting kicked out of matches. The tolerance is just too much these days, not everyone has the internet to play online gaming

Not a very nice thhing to do to people. Their connection isn't their fault. But that's part of why I'd like to see better matchmaking too. And even more AI bots available in offline play. If my internet is bad some night, well, at least I can play the MP maps that way. I say come up with ways of migrating players with similar situaions to games with each other. Like skill vs like skill...like connection vs. like connection. None of this will probably ever happen though.

ghamorra

I understand, but They shouldn't ruin the game for everyone else if their connection isn't up to par with the rest of the lobby

ghamorra wrote:

I understand, but They shouldn't ruin the game for everyone else if their connection isn't up to par with the rest of the lobby

True as well. I'd just prefer a different solution to people getting kicked. Kinda sucks when you join a game and a few minutes later you get the good old 'You hvae been kicked' message. That can ruin the game for them completely.

And to avoid this Treyarch/IW also need to make sure their games take the variety of connections into account. Especially if the game in question is peer to peer.

avengedyesterday

Vyorgo wrote:

ghamorra wrote:

True as well. I'd just prefer a different solution to people getting kicked. Kinda sucks when you join a game and a few minutes later you get the good old 'You hvae been kicked' message. That can ruin the game for them completely.

And to avoid this Treyarch/IW also need to make sure their games take the variety of connections into account. Especially if the game in question is peer to peer.

They do design the multiplayer to run on standard internet connection. That said there are always people below that and there are ISP's that screw up otherwise good connections as well.

About the reporting system. I think it's fine the way it is. They should however punish those who abuse it. This is the main reason the reporting system is pretty much a joke. I would venture to say the good majorty of reports are false skewing and drowining out real reports. It's not as if they have a giant team sitting in offices 24 hours a day going through endless reports. It's most likely a handful of people doing what they can to keep up on it.

ChestSplittah

That's my reason for this thread. Now far too many are reports of cheating. Where as someone could not be cheating but are going to possibly be monitored for such. This would filter, and make it easier to pass on to a top priority or whatever it could be categorized as. Also, as you stated...flags would go up against those who just don't like the way someone plays, and wants to report that person.

avengedyesterday

ChestSplittah wrote:

That's my reason for this thread. Now far too many are reports of cheating. Where as someone could not be cheating but are going to possibly be monitored for such. This would filter, and make it easier to pass on to a top priority or whatever it could be categorized as. Also, as you stated...flags would go up against those who just don't like the way someone plays, and wants to report that person.

Oh I agree. I'm positive if they keep the function it will not be the same just due to the fact of how many reports were false. If i was one of the guy having to skim through reports to find a real one i would be begging the designers to make my job easier.

ChestSplittah

They just need to refine it to be more efficient. I totally agree with what you are getting at. Then with the likes of Cutpurse, MaTtks on the job it helps a lot more to get across what you have seen. It's more intimate than just hitting a button and hoping for justice. I hope both come back on CoDHQ, like they were on Black Ops.

avengedyesterday

ChestSplittah wrote:

They just need to refine it to be more efficient. I totally agree with what you are getting at. Then with the likes of Cutpurse, MaTtks on the job it helps a lot more to get across what you have seen. It's more intimate than just hitting a button and hoping for justice. I hope both come back on CoDHQ, like they were on Black Ops.

Me too. They should also add into the system a spot to actually describe what you are reporting. Something other than reporting for glitching. Just being able to see the report and see what they are talking about instead of having to watch the game replay to figure it out for themselves. This is also assuming we are going to have the same theater mode.

Haven't seen Cutpurse pop up in awhile.

ChestSplittah

I remember in MW2 that if someone didn't have the signal strength as the majority, they would red bar and eventually get kicked.

ghamorra

I never see anyone get kicked anymore. Hell I don't get kicked anymore and both me and my brother play online at the same time on different consoles while my parents stream Netflixs. I know my internet isn't that good.

The way I have it set up players can't kick people, but they would essentially nominate someone to be kicked if the system deems it necessary

ChestSplittah

With the time it takes it to sort the teams in the pre game lobby. I could see where what you suggest could work. Especially if a person joins a lobby off of a friend and they would bring 1-2 bar plague in. I would think nearly a minute is enough to test connectivity for this.

Foxhound-Pro

Some people definitely don't optimize and it'd be nice to root them out. However, there are those that DO everything correctly and have quality speeds, but are suffering due to shoddy ISP work and the ultra horrible species known as squirrels.

SubZeroPS3

To enhance the gaming experience I would agree.

When World at War was out, I beat the enemy team pretty bad and some idiot on their team  said "Ima get me an all muh friends ta report ya and get you banned."

2 days later I got a 2 day ban just because some dumb kid got everyone on his friends list to report me.

In conclusion, people that do this and abuse the report feature should be banned.

ChestSplittah

That's foul. I'm surprised at that. Hell I saw people get under Castle, reported and would would see them still playing. As you said, people like that need to be reported. It's just like with how I despise SSing. I report people who could easily be seen as boosting. I don't know if they are, it just appears to me they are. A better filter would easily separate for what reason you think someone is. Just hitting Cheating is kindof pointless. This would help them become more aware of all types of different areas.

I find that most people won't take the time to report most "infractions".  If I come across "questionable" gameplay, I just bail and find another match. (Unless I come across Nuke Boosters, I love f***ing with them).

I think what happened to Bacon of Death is more prevelant than people getting banned for the "right" reasons...

Moorningstar

This is mainly aimed at the people who use wallhacks and aimbots.  And I do report everyone that looks suspicious but only if I find suspicious things 3 or more times in a match.  Sometimes I'll even call them on it just to see how they react.  But I admit I have been wrong before.  Nothing is perfect except . . .

What they need is a simple program that makes sure your not running addons or extra code.  It wouldnt hit everyone (perhaps it would check someone who has been reported).  Keep the program open ended enough that if it looks funky it flags the player for review by a real person.  DO NOT ban people via the judgement of a program.  This would of course need to be updated occasionally to counter the attempts to hack around it but it would still require a far far smaller team to engender this then to try and keep up with all the hack reports.

SUM1SLY83

no1 likes a grass.wish they did have a counter report for serial reporters who waste treyarch/infinity wards time reporting every little thing when they could be doing something better like fixing their games.

Perhaps providing a reason with your report and a little detail, that would stop people just reporting for no other reason that to piss people off and try get them banned, if you have improper reasons you will get banned yourself for report spamming, those who legitimately report and add a little detail are the people who are reporting for the right reasons.

When you report someone, you should get a list of recent games and you can report which game they were doing what, for example:
    Two guys are boosting, you report it, nothing happens unless 20 people report it, which could just be a few groups of kids who don't like the person being reported, if you report and can select the game they were boosting, right there is proof that they were boosting and someone at treyarch/activision can look it over and take appropriate action.

ChestSplittah

I would like to continue this discussion. Mainly so we can find out how to help the MPP with keeping the game as clean as possible. With out bombarding them with reports undetailed.

scotland-rules

To be honest. I think it is fine the way it is. I mean we have about 3 or 4 methods of reporting illegal players. I do think the in game report system perhaps could have more options of reporting players to refine the system and make everything run smoothly. However, that being said, if you make too many options then you have a problem.

Personally I wonder why so many people come on here and report boosters, you have an in game report system so have faith in that in game report system.

ChestSplittah

I still wis they hada better reporting system. Suspected glitching/hacking should have its own slot. Just cheating is insuffice imo.