1 2 3 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 RSS

Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

candyslexia

This thread is for discussing title update/hot fixes. We have a separate thread to hold all of the update information. This space is for you to note issues and provide feedback.

Balance and Updates currently in Development and/or Discussion:

Timer countdown tick fix for PS3. Both in-game and in-lobby.

Further improvements to network performance.

Further improvements to the spawn system.

MP music volume remix.

Ground Rules

- Embedding videos is discouraged.

- The Code of Conduct and Terms of Use will be thoroughly enforced.

- Reporting boosters, cheaters, or others who violate the Online Code of Conduct should be reported to our Live Ops team. Please see our announcements or contact iif0xh0undii  for more information.

• 1. Re: MODERN WARFARE 3 TITLE UPDATE AND HOT FIX DISCUSSION
    maccabi

First!!!!

can we just clarify something though..all weapon balance discussions for another thread ?

also i know what the community would appreciate is a being updated as and when changes are made from the netcode telemetry you guys get back , I know ps3 has already had one setting tweaked.,and i also get that its counter productive to tell us when a change has been made due to the placebo affect but a few bones thrown our way every now and again so we can see postive stuff would be much appreciated.

also the longest standing request from the community still needs to be addressed/discussed

emp needs to be shortened 30 secs is what most people agree is fair .

• 2. Re: MODERN WARFARE 3 TITLE UPDATE AND HOT FIX DISCUSSION
    kastro187420

maccabi wrote:

First!!!!

can we just clarify something though..all weapon balance discussions for another thread ?

If we're going to go that route, I would like to request that IW create an OFFICIAL balance discussion thread for people to participate in so that there's just a single one that is official. Official threads tend to be used more than the ones your average user creates just to talk about it.

• 3. Re: MODERN WARFARE 3 TITLE UPDATE AND HOT FIX DISCUSSION
    maccabi

kastro187420 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

First!!!!

If we're going to go that route, I would like to request that IW create an OFFICIAL balance discussion thread for people to participate in so that there's just a single one that is official. Official threads tend to be used more than the ones your average user creates just to talk about it.

agreed, the unwashed masses need an offical thread to spend the next 4 months arguing about whether shotguns need buffing/nerfing .

• 5. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

iif0xh0undii wrote:

The original thread: http://community.activision.com/message/106065898#106065898

It's been unfeatured and locked.

thank you fox  and adds a you da man for good measure

• 6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

RE: MP Volume Remix

Is there any chance we can convince you guys to allows to remove the music altogether, so that we can create a more immersive experience for ourselves, and remove unwanted and unnecessary distractions while playing?

If it's a "Balance" reason preventing you guys from doing so, I would just like to point out that anyone and everyone would have the opportunity to turn the music off for themselves without sacrificing any other element of the game.

If it's a technical limitation preventing you from doing so.. well then I guess we'll be stuck with it, but please elaborate and let us know if it is infact, technical limitations (maybe this was clarified previously?).

• 7. Re: MODERN WARFARE 3 TITLE UPDATE AND HOT FIX DISCUSSION
    iif0xh0undii

Hey Mac,

Concerning weapon changes let's keep the same round about rules we had going in the last one. Weapon discussion should be on a bit of hiatus until the time comes when they are ready to move forward with any changes, if that time comes. Feel free to create an unofficial discussion topic. Link me to help keep the peace.

• 8. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

kastro187420 wrote:

RE: MP Volume Remix

Is there any chance we can convince you guys to allows to remove the music altogether, so that we can create a more immersive experience for ourselves, and remove unwanted and unnecessary distractions while playing?

If it's a "Balance" reason preventing you guys from doing so, I would just like to point out that anyone and everyone would have the opportunity to turn the music off for themselves without sacrificing any other element of the game.

If it's a technical limitation preventing you from doing so.. well then I guess we'll be stuck with it, but please elaborate and let us know if it is infact, technical limitations (maybe this was clarified previously?).

/agreed

ghandi came back to us and said the mp team felt the music enhanced the gaming experience, whereas we all feel it detracts and actually spoils the expereince. The compromise was you'd turn it down and see how it went , it hasnt really made any difference. Atmospheric micheal bay type music is fine for sp but imo it ruins mp where team work over chat and listening for the other team is more important than hearing da da da dumdumdumdumd

• 9. Re: MODERN WARFARE 3 TITLE UPDATE AND HOT FIX DISCUSSION
    maccabi

iif0xh0undii wrote:

Hey Mac,

Concerning weapon changes let's keep the same round about rules we had going in the last one. Weapon discussion should be on a bit of hiatus until the time comes when they are ready to move forward with any changes, if that time comes. Feel free to create an unofficial discussion topic. Link me to help keep the peace.

I know that we have a unofficial Shotgun discussion thread that is existing and was recently changed as the OP is now back. I'm already following that one.

tbh im keeping well out of any weapon discussions..i went out to prove the models were useless now use them basically 99% of the time.. (after using a token to unlock them whern i prestiged)

and i did say this on the other thread but marks already said a weapons pass is scheduled for a few weeks time so i guess thats why peoples interest in nerf buff this and that has started up again.

1 2 3 Previous Next