32 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 8:59 AM by Out RSS

Still Prestiging?

So I just made 13th/80, and I am thinking about stopping here.. Anyone else decide to stop, and have you regretted doing so? I think the fact that they keep adding prestiges turned me off to the whole deal. (more the fact that they added them, but no new titles/emblems)

• Re: Still Prestiging?

The game gets boring if you stop, I'm going strong 18 th presteige yea

Stephen_0u5

just keep on going if you're wise you should already have your favorite guns and perks and if you don't get it when you prestige

not me i'm going to prestige all the way to the end

What happens for me is... I truck on through the prestiges happily and not worry about leveling weapons until the final prestige. Got several weapons gold and all pro perks at 10th prestige... then they released 15th prestige. Was happy for a new emblem... but extremely disappointed that 11-15 are practically the same icon. Once I got to prestige 15 and noticed that 16-20 are the same again... I had no desire whatsoever to build the massive amount of high level weapons and all the pro perks again... so I stopped.

And that's exactly what I'm wrestling with now.. I mean, why? I can probably focus on Gun leveling, challenges, and missing titles until BLOPS 2..

Ha yeah... at this point I often don't play seriously and need Assassin Pro and Dead Silence Pro for Ninja Defusing so there's another incentive for me not to prestige. It's just not really fun anymore to level after so many times through. If they had cooler icons for prestige 16-20 I'd probably consider it (sadly lol). But honestly IW was too lazy to even do that... kind've pathetic. Now I agree, I just go for challenges and get guns gold and use crap weapons for fun.

opb81

I stopped at 15 the need for tokens ran out now the challenge is gold guns so far I have 11 gold and slowly working on a couple more right now.

I dont really care about prestige... I do prestige, but on,y play a few guns and perks and already unlocked everything i use, so it doesnt matter for me. Im not that high. At six now we will see where it goes, i play less often these days. Getting frustrated on cod issues. Came to check these forums and see a lot of hate posts :P

went to 20th and reset about to hit 4th soon i'm just doing it for something to do but once i get back to 20th i think i will leave it at that

Bettis123

Really does not matter what you do, prestige or not.. the lag has everything of how good you do with this game.. you either own or not.. no matter what perks or guns you use.

SoG_Hanix_PC

I'd keep prestiging, but it's your choice. I'm the type where I want to go as far as I can. I'll be doing the same with Black Ops 2 when it comes out.

spankhiccup

I said i was stopping at 15th. I did and got a few guns golds. They then added the prestiges, so i prestiged. I wish i didnt, lost all my hard work. Go to got to 20th now

vims1990

I haven't prestige in 5 months.

To me, the fun normally starts when you stop prestiging and start working on levelling up the underused weapons in the game.

Most players who constantly prestige will use the more popular & easy weapon to level up faster so I don't see the fun in constantly prestiging when you're really just using a couple of weapons.

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

I was adamant I was going to stay on 10th and gold the guns, got to level 80 last night couldn't resist hit the prestige button.  Tonight I will start all over again, to be honest I would rather prestige than gold the guns, I think!!

I may stop at 15th (if I get there).

edwin981994

i stayed on prestige 10 for a while, got all rifles, submachines gold, including the dragnuv, msr, barret, model, spas 12, and two machine guns but he game gets boring and i entered prestige.

SULLY130EighT

Right now I'm at 11/23. I'm defintely done. All the prestige symbols look the same to me. And I'm not gaining any new emblems and titles.

I have what I need for unlocks, so I don't need anymore prestige tokens. I unlocked 3 extra class slots. In reality I only needed to unlock 2.

I have unlocked all 3 of the titles and emblems. I wanted the AK-47 early, as well as the ACR, MSR, and wasted a token on the MP7 because I only used during one prestige on a regular basis. It was actually my 1st unlock.

And my last unlock was Overkill. Easily my favorite perk because I learned you can snipe on any map on this game if you're a "hard scoper" like me. I don't quickscope unless someone jumps up in front of me, then I "panic" quickscope. Then I can switch to my secondary machine gun once I hear them footsteps and or ready to move. Pistols are useless to me unless I'm playing FFA. Pistols are a must for me in FFA when I'm in a jam and don't have time to reload my primary.

adsjones

I will be prestiging today upto 19th as level 76 18th atm i will do upto 20th then concentrate on gold guns i had 6 or 7 at prestige 15th whilst waiting for new ones inc pm-9 and model 1887 it was a ***** givinhg them up but i know i can get them back in the end.

Laaag the KING in this GAME(broken)

rlbl

When I got to 15th, I decided to stop (I could have kept doing it over and over to stockpile tokens).  As a result, I got every Shotgun gold, Most snipers gold, most SMGs gold, and some ARs gold.

When the next 5 came out, I did not move but seriously was getting bored. So I prestiged.  Now I wish I had not gone for an all guns gold challenge and stockpiled tokens...

Long and Short: If you decide to stop, stop... and never look back. So be sure you really want to stop. Because if you EVER prestige again, you will regret having wasted time.

Not a big deal, but...

wridtrvlr

Exactly!!  You said it perfectly.  I know that I would want to be the highest prestige possible, so I never stopped until I got stuck at 15/80 b/c they hadn't released the other levels yet.  I just rolled over 19 yesterday and hope to make it almost to 20 by the end of this weekend. 

supervelous

I'm at 14th/80 and sticking here for a little while, but will be prestiging soon.  I am going to go to 20th THEN work on gold guns.  I have 2 tokens saved up so by 20th I'll have 8 (I have everything unlocked I need - pretty much every AR & SMG, and some perks plus all 10 classes and portable radar & C4).

Going to use my 8 tokens for 16 hours of Double Weapon XP to help nin leveling up the harder to use shotguns, Sniper Rifles and LMGs.  I'll do AR's, SMG's and the easy to use shotguns and sniper rifles before I use the tokens bc those should be easy.  

RAMBONER

I agree 100% with RLBL above.  At 10th prest. I had 11 gold guns and now at 15 I have 17 of them.  I want to get them all gold at once and would have by now for sure.  I would have went on to 16 had the emblem been different but honestly they look the same and 15 doesnt look much different then 20.  The difference of a V or X isnt worth it to me.  I am having fun golding all of the guns though as some of them really suck.

I watched some of a guy in BOPS getting all gold guns and that is much harder to do in this game.  Prestiging in BOPS was tons harder but once you maxed you could use your fav gun to earn money to buy other gold guns.  This game forces you to use that gun until its gold.  Guns like the M16 and model would have been much easier to gold if I could use my MP7 to earn the money to buy it haaa.....

Its all preference though.  I see the massive amounts of xp I am wasting and it does sting a little.  Especially since I was 15/80 and had that whole 10 days or whatever of dxp they had on and I wasted all of it. 

creaper21

I always make it my goal to get to the highest prestige. At 17th right now. About to be 18th hopefully this week. I would love a double XP weekend.

sicklysoup

i hit 10/80 2 months ago, im not going any further, no point if theres no titles to get for it, ive got most of the guns gold, now im just working on the really harder challenges for their titles, just finished the shooting claymores, currently attempting to finish the claymore multikills, (not easy!) id stay where you are and work on those titles and emblems that are hard to acheive in one prestige

Im at 15 lvl 80, probably going to stay here..the game hasnt been very kind to me lately, i keep trying and and i keep getting killed repeatidly..I try about 4 or 5 different lobbies and still the same thing..I either give up or pop in BO because i dont seem to have the issue with BO. Im alot more fond of the maps in BO anyway..

Out

Prestige 14 lvl 66 ....... I may stop at 15 , or at least leaning that way...... I wanted to max out at 10 but at P6 it changes to 15 prestige lvls, well i was P11 looking foward to the last 4 to get to P15 ........ and dammit they added 5 more ....... i only wanted to max out so i could use a token to rest my stats ...... but i am getting tried of chasing that monkey, i got a hint from tech support that 10 more lvls Prestige 30 just may be out before the realease of BO2