5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 7:49 PM by cheaterssuk RSS

Fps unlocker

Hello! I've experienced problems with my mouse on mw3, I've tried everything I can find and nothing helps. And I saw somewhere on a forum that the fps can affect your mouse in the exact same way as mine does, so my question is, is fps unlocker bannable? And is it confirmed by IW?

• Re: Fps unlocker

I would like to know more about how FPS can affect your mouse. I've never heard of this, but I see things almost everyday on here I've never heard of

Arcflare

cheaterssuk wrote:

I would like to know more about how FPS can affect your mouse. I've never heard of this, but I see things almost everyday on here I've never heard of

Lol yea i didnt think it was possible until i experienced it myself. But yes FPS can affect your mouse since your mouse is bound by the framerate meaning if your getting 1 FPS your mouse will move at 1 FPS too.

But anyways why would you need a FPS unlocker? 90 FPS should be more than enough on MW3 and if your not getting that high then check if Vsync is on and if it isnt lower the graphics through the config files and in game to raise your FPS.

I'm already getting 90 Fps with the settings I have, I've tested everything I can except using fps unlocker because I don't know if it is bannable or not and IW isn't replying to me on twitter when they are replying to others.

Arcflare

Thats odd you shouldnt be getting input lag at that FPS. anything over 35 FPS shouldnt cause any input lag.

If you have an Nvidia card you can go into the Control Panel and under the settings for the game you can change to max pre-rendered frames to 1 which people report helps with input lag. If you have ATI im not sure but it might have something similar.

As far as FPS unlocker being bannable i dont see why it would tbh because FoV Changer is fine and approved by IW/Steam. But hopefully someone with more knowledge on it will be able to help you. Ive never heard of someone being banned by having an FPS Unlocker though.

You didn't actually say what the problem is. What is the problem with your mouse? How does it act? Once I was getting some zigzaggity square pixel movement with my mouse, Razer Mamba. It moved like it was moving around pixels that were 1/16" square, in other words, about 16 pixel resolution. I found I had the mouse pointer speed accelerated to the max in the Control Panel settings. When I moved that to center it all straightened out. It affected my dpi, but I was able to adjust that.