45 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 6:21 AM by indy56 RSS

I really wish IW

creaper21

I really wish that IW would take Stealth Bomber out of Support and put in Assault instead. I swear I've been killed at least 3 times in every Domination game the past 3 hours by the damn thing. And it's mostly unavoidable, I even die when I'm inside of buildings waiting for it to pass. I thought Support was for assisting your team, not getting kills.

  • Re: I really wish IW

    Agreed. They should do that and remove deathstreaks.

  • Re: I really wish IW
    Thedestoyer

    8 months into the life-cycle of the game? Not going to happen.

    • Re: I really wish IW
      Rednecksniper39

      Was thinking the same thing. It is far from a huge problem anyways. I wouldn't even call it a problem.

      • Re: I really wish IW
        creaper21

        Not a huge problem. But it's a problem. Just like Death Streaks are a problem.

        • Re: I really wish IW

          creaper21 wrote:

           

          Not a huge problem. But it's a problem. Just like Death Streaks are a problem.

          Huge problem in my opinion. They need to stop babying (which i know isn't a real word) horrible players. They have held their hands since MW2

          • Re: I really wish IW
            that6uy420

            seriously?  You can't get away from a big plane that goes rather slowly overhead...  you can hear it coming.. but can't seem to find cover?  This is one of the easiest killstreaks to avoid and you all find it to be a problem??

            • Re: I really wish IW

              that6uy420 wrote:

               

              seriously?  You can't get away from a big plane that goes rather slowly overhead...  you can hear it coming.. but can't seem to find cover?  This is one of the easiest killstreaks to avoid and you all find it to be a problem??

              You are right it can be avoided. Dual FMG9s could be avoided and they were still edited. Campers can be avoided and people still complain about them. OMA noob tube in MW2 could have been avoided but that was still edited. People flying around in COD4 could have been avoided. Almost anything in the game can be avoided but people still voice their opinion about it.

  • Re: I really wish IW
    Proclaimor

    Stealth is the only really deadly support streak and it take 14 pts. to earn. Players are lucky to earn two in a game. Assault streaks are so much more deadly starting a 5 pt predator and even care packages at 4pts. It's not that difficult to get three care packages and predators in one match. So overall it's very balanced.

  • Re: I really wish IW
    tracy

    Easy answer, run support and return the favour or even earn emp streak and save it till enemy calls it in and wipe it out. As many others have already said to posts complaining about unbalanced things, learn and adapt.

    • Re: I really wish IW

      tracy wrote:

       

      Easy answer, run support and return the favour or even earn emp streak and save it till enemy calls it in and wipe it out. As many others have already said to posts complaining about unbalanced things, learn and adapt.

      it isn't about being balanced. It is about IW holding bad players hands. They reward people for dying. The killstreak rewards used to be about rewards for have a streak of kills. It is cool they put in something without streaks, but they shouldn't be able to kill other players.

      • Re: I really wish IW
        that6uy420

        yet you call them bad players and are here complaining about a 100% avoidable killstreak....  /irony

      • Re: I really wish IW
        sjo74

        And how many do you think stop playing the objective as a support guy if you remove the only good thing as a support? It´s enough with assualt killstreak wh#res already that doesn´t do a **** for your team and not playing the objective because afraid of dying.

  • Re: I really wish IW

    its very easy to avoid it i avoid them all the time

  • Re: I really wish IW
    azn_chic

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-knoOHAkxLCw/TVgxsp_2tJI/AAAAAAAADag/SijvKVYWiaE/s400/Smiley_Misc-Wahmbulance.jpg

    • Re: I really wish IW

      LOL it's real cute when you post lame old pictures about something instead of saying something yourself. That picture is not valid in this case. It is a serious problem when game developers cater to horrible players. They put no recoil weapons, deathstreaks, and they put a support package that wipes out a huge portion of the map. They need to stop spoon feeding players kills. It is ridiculous to have a death streak that brings you back to life. It is ridiculous to blow up or drop grenades when you die. They need to stop rewarding players for dying period.

       

      The first killstreaks were rewards to players who played well. Then they added a cool inovative thing that allows players who die a lot a way to support their team, but they added a support that wipes out a huge section of the map.

       

      I am the last person to come on here making a new thread everytime something bad has happened to me in the game, but this is a serious problem. The problem in a whole isn't just the support. It is the fact that they spoon feed kills to bad players.

      • Re: I really wish IW
        azn_chic

        coltfirearms wrote:

         

        LOL it's real cute when you post lame old pictures about something instead of saying something yourself. That picture is not valid in this case. It is a serious problem when game developers cater to horrible players. They put no recoil weapons, deathstreaks, and they put a support package that wipes out a huge portion of the map. They need to stop spoon feeding players kills. It is ridiculous to have a death streak that brings you back to life. It is ridiculous to blow up or drop grenades when you die. They need to stop rewarding players for dying period.

         

        The first killstreaks were rewards to players who played well. Then they added a cool inovative thing that allows players who die a lot a way to support their team, but they added a support that wipes out a huge section of the map.

         

        I am the last person to come on here making a new thread everytime something bad has happened to me in the game, but this is a serious problem. The problem in a whole isn't just the support. It is the fact that they spoon feed kills to bad players.

         

        The last time I checked so-called "skilled" players used these also...No recoil weapons, deathstreaks, support streaks are used a lot. So does that mean most of the COD community are made up of bad players? You can hear a stealth bomber come in, you have ample time to get into cover...it's not like you don't know it's coming, pay attention and maybe you won't get killed by it.

        • Re: I really wish IW

          azn_chic wrote:

           

          coltfirearms wrote:

           

          LOL it's real cute when you post lame old pictures about something instead of saying something yourself. That picture is not valid in this case. It is a serious problem when game developers cater to horrible players. They put no recoil weapons, deathstreaks, and they put a support package that wipes out a huge portion of the map. They need to stop spoon feeding players kills. It is ridiculous to have a death streak that brings you back to life. It is ridiculous to blow up or drop grenades when you die. They need to stop rewarding players for dying period.

           

          The first killstreaks were rewards to players who played well. Then they added a cool inovative thing that allows players who die a lot a way to support their team, but they added a support that wipes out a huge section of the map.

           

          I am the last person to come on here making a new thread everytime something bad has happened to me in the game, but this is a serious problem. The problem in a whole isn't just the support. It is the fact that they spoon feed kills to bad players.

           

          The last time I checked so-called "skilled" players used these also...No recoil weapons, deathstreaks, support streaks are used a lot. So does that mean most of the COD community are made up of bad players? You can hear a stealth bomber come in, you have ample time to get into cover...it's not like you don't know it's coming, pay attention and maybe you won't get killed by it.

          I never once said only bad players use those things. Maybe you should pay attention to what you are reading

      • Re: I really wish IW
        Rednecksniper39

        coltfirearms wrote:

         

        It is a serious problem when game developers cater to horrible players.

         

        Serious problem? No. Something you do not like? Definitely. Just because you do not like it does not mean it is a problem.

        • Re: I really wish IW

          Rednecksniper39 wrote:

           

          coltfirearms wrote:

           

          It is a serious problem when game developers cater to horrible players.

           

          Serious problem? No. Something you do not like? Definitely. Just because you do not like it does not mean it is a problem.

          If I am not the only one and it is a lot of people then it is a problem. What defines a problem to you? Is that all you read in my wall of words?

           

          I hate to be that guy but... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/problem

          • Re: I really wish IW
            Rednecksniper39

            A problem is something that makes the game unplayable. Like spawns for some people or lag comp for others. No where in that definition does it say "Problem: Something you do not like"

            • Re: I really wish IW

              Rednecksniper39 wrote:

               

              A problem is something that makes the game unplayable. Like spawns for some people or lag comp for others. No where in that definition does it say "Problem: Something you do not like"

              Everything you said does not make the game unplayable. Those are just things people and you don't like.

              • Re: I really wish IW
                Rednecksniper39

                I don't have a problem with lag comp or spawns. But they do make the game unplayable for some people. Especially lag comp.

                • Re: I really wish IW

                  Rednecksniper39 wrote:

                   

                  I don't have a problem with lag comp or spawns. But they do make the game unplayable for some people. Especially lag comp.

                  If you can say that lag and spawns makes the game unplayable for some people then I can say that deathstreaks and steatlh bombers being support makes the game unplayable for some people.

                   

                  For me it is a problem for them to cater and reward players for dying.

                  • Re: I really wish IW
                    that6uy420

                    gras[ing for straws here buddy.. I'd have stopped long ago but you just keep at it.

                    • Re: I really wish IW
                      starbuckfrack

                      that6uy420 wrote:

                       

                      gras[ing for straws here buddy.. I'd have stopped long ago but you just keep at it.

                      Scarecrow in a tornado ring a bell

                       

                      Its an extremely weak excuse that "the devs cater to blah blah blah" or to complain to "remove killstreaks from the game because it ruins it"

                       

                      Problem is people cant adapt to a GAME where every single person can have the same exact advantage.

                       

                      People call themselves skilled players but meanwhile cant handle a UAV or Last Stand because they cant finish their kill etc.

                       

                      There are winners and losers in this world. Just like in the game.

                       

                      Winners succeed and Losers cry.

                       

                      Losers talk about going out with the cheerleader, Winners already slept with her a dumped her for a better girlfriend years ago.

  • Re: I really wish IW

    The problem with this game is the delusional belief that skilled players exist.  You can't sell out for unranked matchmaking and decide it matters what the company gives to players.  If you chose this game because you wanted competitive players to get rewarded and you thought there was some system that let people progress in skill your a moron.

    • Re: I really wish IW

      Darkstar92 wrote:

       

      The problem with this game is the delusional belief that skilled players exist.  You can't sell out for unranked matchmaking and decide it matters what the company gives to players.  If you chose this game because you wanted competitive players to get rewarded and you thought there was some system that let people progress in skill your a moron.

      Who are you calling a moron? Everyone is having a discussion and you come in here just throwing around insults for no reason? You are telling me skilled players don't exist? You are seriously delusional. Nobody said they wanted competitive players to be rewarded. It just isn't need for players to be rewarded for dying. Who ever said there was a system to let people progress in skill?

      • Re: I really wish IW
        azn_chic

        coltfirearms wrote:

         

        Darkstar92 wrote:

         

        The problem with this game is the delusional belief that skilled players exist.  You can't sell out for unranked matchmaking and decide it matters what the company gives to players.  If you chose this game because you wanted competitive players to get rewarded and you thought there was some system that let people progress in skill your a moron.

        Who are you calling a moron? Everyone is having a discussion and you come in here just throughing around insults for no reason? You are telling me skilled players don't exist? You are seriously delusional. Nobody said they wanted competitve players to be rewarded. It just isn't need for players to be rewarded for dying. Who ever said there was a system to let people progress in skill?

         

        Throwing...there you go, we learn something new everyday.

        • Re: I really wish IW

          azn_chic wrote:

           

          coltfirearms wrote:

           

          Darkstar92 wrote:

           

          The problem with this game is the delusional belief that skilled players exist.  You can't sell out for unranked matchmaking and decide it matters what the company gives to players.  If you chose this game because you wanted competitive players to get rewarded and you thought there was some system that let people progress in skill your a moron.

          Who are you calling a moron? Everyone is having a discussion and you come in here just throughing around insults for no reason? You are telling me skilled players don't exist? You are seriously delusional. Nobody said they wanted competitive players to be rewarded. It just isn't need for players to be rewarded for dying. Who ever said there was a system to let people progress in skill?

           

          Throwing...there you go, we learn something new everyday.

          Any particular reason you are picking at my grammatical errors instead of responding to the bulk of what was typed? I am sure if I we through all of your posts I would find errors. Can just leave this to discussing about what is in the thread instead of posting off topic things like grammar.

           

          How do you feel about players being rewarded for dying?

          • Re: I really wish IW
            that6uy420

            you don't get rewarded for dieing... you get rewarded for kills/taking down KS's/playing the objective.  The only thing that the support streak does is allow you to carry on your killstreak.  The fact that the stealth bomber is slow.. does not, in fact, cover a large portion of the map...  just a thin straight line and is 100% avoidable makes your whinefest invalid.

            • Re: I really wish IW

              that6uy420 wrote:

               

              you don't get rewarded for dieing... you get rewarded for kills/taking down KS's/playing the objective.  The only thing that the support streak does is allow you to carry on your killstreak.  The fact that the stealth bomber is slow.. does not, in fact, cover a large portion of the map...  just a thin straight line and is 100% avoidable makes your whinefest invalid.

              When I was talking about rewarded for dying it i was talking about death streaks.

               

              Stealth bombes covers a large portion on these smaller maps in MW3. I guess we have two different opinions of large portions. It drags bombs from one side all the way to another side of a map. I consider that large. On wasteland it was a small portion. In this game the maps are smaller and it takes out huge portions. On dome you can wreck an entire half of a map. I am not whining. I am really not whining. I didn't even start this thread. I am just saying that I agree with the OP.

               

              Like I said before what does it being avoidable have to do with anything.

               

              "You are right it can be avoided. Dual FMG9s could be avoided and they were still edited. Campers can be avoided and people still complain about them. OMA noob tube in MW2 could have been avoided but that was still edited. People flying around in COD4 could have been avoided. Almost anything in the game can be avoided but people still voice their opinion about it."

               

              Since all of the things I just listed are avoidable does that mean someone voicing their opinion about it is invalid? I don't understand how that could be accurate, but I guess you are right. Everything I say about it is invalid. I will make sure to come validate everything I say with you.

    • Re: I really wish IW
      starbuckfrack

      Darkstar92 wrote:

       

      The problem with this game is the delusional belief that skilled players exist.  You can't sell out for unranked matchmaking and decide it matters what the company gives to players.  If you chose this game because you wanted competitive players to get rewarded and you thought there was some system that let people progress in skill your a moron.

      You know whats funnier than that statement ????

       

      Coltfirearms admitting it by saying "who you calling a moron "

       

       

      QUOTE

       

      "Nobody said they wanted competitive players to be rewarded."

       

      ENDQUOTE

       

      Actually YOU just said that when you said "who you calling a moron"

  • Re: I really wish IW

         I can apologize for implying you are a moron. I was going to make a long post and use the word intelligence like you use the word skill but I got lazy.  I intend to articulate my arguements in the briefest way possible.

     

    1.  Devs need "unskilled" players to dilute gameplay.  If you want to claim ignorance of many design flaws never aknowledge what the top players are doing.

     

    2.  "Skilled" players need "unskilled" players.  I can't recall videos showing a player quitting because the other team was not "skilled" or "skilled" players expressing their desire to grind out kdr's close to one.

     

    3.  The term "unskilled" is innacurate.  I assume people you would currently define as "unskilled" would be your fiercest competitors if there was a gaurantee that the devs would look into balance issues or any motivational system was incorporated.

     

         I believe that you are intentionally ignorant of a lot of these problems and resent the fact that you would then have the audacity to advocate the removal of support/deathstreaks.

  • Re: I really wish IW

    This guy has a reason to say this.

     

    The stealth bomber has more blast radius that the last part of the precision airstrike, which is the most powerful part. PA's give you hitmarkers even if they are standing under it. SB'ers can spawn kill and rarely get any hitmarkers. It takes a killstreak of 6 to get the PA. That means 5 straight kills.

     

     

     

     

    .......

     

     

    But you give the noob that suicide bombed everyone the bigger bang? Com' on now. Stealth bomber is unfair. I rarely even see one because I rarely let my opponent get that many kills.

    • Re: I really wish IW

      "I rarely let my opponent get that many kills."

       

           So you run against equally skilled oppnonets right?  I guess you are the one person that can stand up and say it's unfair because you make every effort to fight the best of the best.  It would be a shame if you just tossed yourself into unranked matchmaking and bragged about what you can prevent people from doing.  Evaluate what is happening in matchmaking it isn't that hard. 

      • Re: I really wish IW

        Yes I do. 2v2's, Clan battles, all of that stuff. But I'm saying I could be in a game with my clan against another clan and we don't allow them over a 2 kill killstreak but they can get 15 kills the whole game and turn the game around with a SUPPORT killstreak in ONE blast? Not an Assault killstreak or specialist streak that he/she worked their asses off against us for but a support streak? Just stupid.

  • Re: I really wish IW
    trialstardragon

    They should remove the uav from assault, where you only get a uav if a support player is using it.

     

    The SB is not an assualt KSR, it can be used as one but it fits support. People just do not like how easy they can be earned since it does not require multiple kills and not dieing like the assault ksr do.

    • Re: I really wish IW

      How does it fit support anymore then an AC130? I can guess you are going to say it can clear out an area so a team can make a cap or get the flag or whatever. Here is the thing an AC130, Reaper, Osprey Gunner, Percision Airstrike can do that, so why are they all in Strike while the Stealth Bomber is in Support?

  • Re: I really wish IW

    I wish IW gave a damn about what most of the community cares about.

     

    Exhibit A: People have hated dead man's hand since the day they released the game (even after they knew most people didn't want death streaks in the game).  Just recently they finally removed some of the blast radius. How long has the game been out?

    • Re: I really wish IW

      redline70689 wrote:

       

      I wish IW gave a damn about what most of the community cares about.

       

      Exhibit A: People have hated dead man's hand since the day they released the game (even after they knew most people didn't want death streaks in the game).  Just recently they finally removed some of the blast radius. How long has the game been out?

      The best part is that they came out PUBLICLY and said they were removing last stand. They then replace it with something better. They came out and lied straight to our faces. The audacity of these people.

       

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f6YAkrZO2c

  • Re: I really wish IW

    Stealth bomber is one of my pet hates that and the EMP .

       U The stealth bomber is way more powerful than the precision air strike yet it's a middle tear KILLSTREAK and you get the stealth bomber for just basically staying in the lobby the whole game and you get to wipe out half the map.

         But what really pisses me off is it doesn't matter where you are you could be in a bunker 50 feet below ground and the stupid thing would still get you!! /s . But honestly if I'm indoors then it shouldn't kill you or if your 100 feet away from the blast then you should be safe .

        It should be moved over to killstreaks and a high one

  • Re: I really wish IW
    gallp13

    Dont find them an issue...sure get killed by a few but avoid most. It's all about the hiding spots. You lso get killed in lots of buildings but there are spots out side of building that work when buildings don't. It's just about knowing the maps and knowing the spots and practice, practice, practice......

  • Re: I really wish IW
    indy56

    The Stealth bomber is the least of problems, as someone mentioned,you certainly hear it coming,it  shows up on the mini map as a very large object , and you can at least run out of the way, most of the time its my own bomber that kills me, lol if you want to gripe about something try those annoying akimbos, shot gunners who just spray all over the place and snipers who run around using the weapon like an assault rifle, but most of these have been covered before, so please leave the stealth bomber alone,