38 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2012 2:13 PM by ap0stl3 RSS

OH. MY. GOSH.

ap0stl3

I swear if I hear someone call it cheapscoping one more time, I'm going to have to beat my goldfish with a frying pan.  WE GET IT.  Most people on here don't like quickscoping, ok?  So lets just lessen the overly agressive hatred toward it when it's brought up.  For the sake of my goldfish, please. 

• Re: OH. MY. GOSH.

You couldnt have just replied to a thread where someone actually used the term "cheapscoping" instead of creating your own thread about it?

HEREIAMNOW

Do what works.  I remember for smash bros 64 I used kirby and down drilled people when I threw them off the cliff.  People called me cheap, but thats part of the game.

coltfirearms

Cheapscoping, now beat your gold fish and post a picture hahaha...

I'm serious

thetizzleguy

LOL, i like sniping now and then BUT it is Cheapscoping (glitchscoping) because it is actually a glitch hence why ppl hate it so much..

There's many more...Gayscoper, Sh*tscoper, Failscoper, W*nkscoper etc. They are hated because the VAST majority barely end with an even KDR, feed the enemy killstreaks and are generally seen as weaklings. I'm not too fussed as the game in general has many pissin off aspects. Morons trying to QS I can sort of live with.

ap0stl3

Ok, so is your main complaint about them being they suck and make you lose?  Because if so, I can understand that.  I hate when quickscopers come into a game on my team and go 2-16 and we lose because of them.  But by terming it the various terms you have, you are putting all quickscopers in a group.  I am and know a couple of people who don't play like idiots when quickscoping and can hold a good 2-3 KDR in games when quickscoping.  And I'm sure there are others.

Oh, and to whoever said that its glitchscoping, I have yet to see someone be banned for quickscoping.  And if it's a glitch, IW is pretty good about banning glitchers.  So I fail to see your point. 

CHEAPSCOPING. BScoping. Aim Assiscoping.

ap0stl3

ROFL ROFL ROFL, the second the scope comes up and you can see into it to drag it onto the player, the aim assist works just like any other gun.  So I guess I can start calling those that run around with an ACR or MP-7 CHEAPGUNNERS.

You can call anything whatever you want to call it. It wont bother me and I wont make a post on here complaining about people demeaning a certain playstyle.

ap0stl3

I'm not necessarily saying it bothers me, as in all reality, it doesn't.  I was more simply trying to get a point across that MOST of the people on the forums get it.  Quickscoping is seen as cheap, blah blah blah, etc.  WE GET IT.

Use the forums to get more useful points across, rather than complaining about Quickscoping.  Even you know that during MW3's life cycle, quickscoping will stay the way it is right now.  It's not going to change.  With that in mind, post about things that have an opportunity to change.  Post about why certain playlists should stay or go.  Post about legitimate glitches or hacks that need to be looked at urgently (i.e.) the pipe glitch that was on foundation before they fixed it.  Post about things that MATTER. 

By the way, I'm not directing this at YOU, just in general to people that are STILL complaining about quickscoping after it has been in COD in some way, shape, or form for years upon years.

ive just reported you to the rspca for cruelty to animals r.i.p gold fish dude

Beat your goldfish then beat yourself

Wasn't random if you would beat your goldfish for a joke lol because your a crapscoper and can't take being called it.

I'd like you to beat yourself as your scum.

That's not a random comment that's a heart comment

And dont challenge me to a 1v1 lol for your montarge

ap0stl3

lol  I love kids like you.

1) I don't have a goldfish nor would I ever hurt one.

2) You can call me whatever you want.  I let my play do the talking.

3) Calling someone scum because of an element of a video game really shows the problems you most likely deal with in real life.

4) I don't do 1v1s because they prove nothing and I've personally never made a montage

5) I don't run around every game and quickscope. I usally use AR's SMG's etc and beat little kids that run their mouth.

Lol I didn't actually believe you have a goldfish and you would beat it lol

It was a joke aimed at you thinking quick scopers should get no crap.

Lighten up and I'm not a kid SON!

ap0stl3

I didn't say I didn't think they should get crap.  I'm just saying EVERYONE GETS IT.  You think they're crap.  So lets stop constantly talking and complaining about it.  As I said a couple posts above, use your "stellar" complaining abilities to discuss things that actually have an opportunity to change.

OP, don't worry about what people say about quickscoping. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just let them be in denial and we can all only hope they'll come to their senses some day.

myevo8you

queerscoping. /thread

22 kill streak and a queer scoper takes me out from 10 feet away I did get the jump on him fired probably 1 or 2 bullets he was damaged but his gun killed in 1 shot lol

Love it!

ap0stl3

lol  if you put 2 bullets in a guy with a sniper and he still killed you, that's just unlucky, because 9/10 times, you would get the kill.  So I don't really know why you people complain.  But oh well.

starbuckfrack

ap0stl3 wrote:

I swear if I hear someone call it cheapscoping one more time, I'm going to have to beat my goldfish with a frying pan.  WE GET IT.  Most people on here don't like quickscoping, ok?  So lets just lessen the overly agressive hatred toward it when it's brought up.  For the sake of my goldfish, please. 

You going to use that same pan to cook him too ?

Or just make little sushi rolls ?

even though quickscopers are annoying in this game , as well as kids are annoying in this game there is no rule that says its a violation.

Besides if you can handle a quickscoper then you may want to change your tactics.

I hate them too but to get someone to remove them in this game isnt going to get you what you want. ESPECIALLY when we ALL knew that quickscopers were making a comeback in this game before we bought it.

they DO make Private Matches so you can play the way YOU want.

ap0stl3

You're the kind of person I don't mind.  Everyone has their opinion on different game tactics.  Some people don't like tubers.  Some don't like shotgunners, and some don't like quickscopers.  I get it.  Everyone has their playstyles, as well as those they don't like.  But no one calls shotgunners "cheaters" or "cheapgunners."  That's what I don't like about it.  Again, for those that think it's a glitch or something, get over it.  If it was truly a glitch or exploit as you claim, quickscopers would either be banned or the mechanic would be taken out.  But as you know very well, neither will happen nor should it.

And you're right starbuck, if you can't handle a quickscoper running around with an assault rifle or smg, maybe you're the one that has the problem.

I've always said to myself "If the best 4 call of duty players ran around with assault/smg guns, against the 4 best quickscopers, it wouldn't even be a close game."  Those with the assault rifles and smgs would completely dominate and utterly destroy the quickscopers.  So I don't understand why people have such beef with the quickscopers.  You SHOULD be able to dominate them.

trialstardragon

Damn CheapScopers thinking they got skillz when they do not and just abuse the game mechanics!!11!!11!!!11!!11!!!111111111!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!11111!!

Now go beat those goldfish with a pan...

ap0stl3

Abuse the game mechanics?  HAHAHAHA.  Read my reply to starbuck above.  I would like your explanation as to if quickscoping falls under glitching and exploiting, why are quickscopers not banned?  And don't tell me it's because IW isn't on the ball and they are a lazy company.  Because I've seen and know many people who've been banned for the various TRUE exploits and glitches in the game.  (prestige token glitch, pipe on foundation glitch, CMR Mods, the rare GOD mode, etc.)

starbuckfrack

ap0stl3 wrote:

Abuse the game mechanics?  HAHAHAHA.  Read my reply to starbuck above.

I would like your explanation as to if quickscoping falls under glitching and

exploiting, why are quickscopers not banned?  And don't tell me it's

because IW isn't on the ball and they are a lazy company.  Because

I've seen and know many people who've been banned for the various

TRUE exploits and glitches in the game.  (prestige token glitch, pipe on

foundation glitch, CMR Mods, the rare GOD mode, etc.)

-----------------------------------------

Quickscoping was basically taken out in Black Ops by TreyArch by them manipulating the perks so that you could not ADS quicker on sniper rifles.

IW decided to bring back quickscoping by allowing that perk to be for all weapons.

Those two statements are pretty much fact.

The main reason that they put it back into the game is quite possibly to sell more games to the children without actually breaking any law.

some people may FEEL its a glitch but if it was then IW would have never "added it back" if it were.

They also most likely put it there since MW3 is an extension of MW2. You cant have a new type of hotdog without a hot dog roll.

But these opinions and quickscoping threads are ridiculous. The topic is over discussed. Its been years since people started talking about the same topic over and over and over.

Quickscoping hate topics should never be brought up in this forum anymore. But on the other side of the coin a LIKE Quickscoping thread like this one should never been brought up either.

BTW I usually dont use spell check on these forums. Did you know the word glitching is not a word according to spell check ?

ap0stl3

Agreed on all your points.  But this thread was not meant to be a "LIKE" quickscoping thread.  It only turned into one when all the hate came here.  My original post was basically saying "lets stop talking about quickscoping, good and bad, because it's not going anywhere and it's not a glitch."  I was trying to get people to discuss things that actually matter, like I've stated above.

smokesdope

I luv it when some 10 year old kid is screaming down the mic " Hardscoping @!?/-£ " Surpose your not ment to use the sniper the way it's ment to lol

ap0stl3

Lol.  I know.  I enjoy quickscoping.  But I have no problem with people laying down using the sniper the way it's meant to be used.  There's a time and place for everything.

ap0stl3 wrote:

There's a time and place for everything.

yup, except for cheapscoping.

It's bad enough that 1/2 of the sniper kills I see that go all the way to the scope picture the freakin crosshair never gets onto the target - i.e. YOU MISSED! - the thing that infuriates me is the # of kills I see where the d-bag (excuse me... the proper PC term is "quickscoper") never even gets a sight picture (black/no scope) and/or has the sight picture for a fraction of a second... but still gets that 1 shot kill for his 3xtr3m3z K1ll f33dz youtube craptage.

Why is it that sniper rifles are afforded such a huge hit box (either scoped in or not) but my A/R REQUIRES me to put the red dot actually ON the target?

Maybe it doesn't also, but it really seems like you need to be MORE accurate with an A/R or SMG than you have to be with a sniper rifle, which is ironic and messed up.

This game would be 27.6% better without quickscoping.

ap0stl3

I don't know man.  A lot of what you talked about doesn't exactly apply or demean the quickscoper.   More the game and it's mechanics itself.  Hitboxes aren't the quickscoper's fault.  And I'm not saying this is how it is or how it should be.  But maybe the hitboxes are bigger because snipers shoot 1 bullet at a time and an ar/smg can shoot 10 bullets in the amount of time a sniper can shoot 1.  Black scoping is usually either lucky or a killcam glitch.  And scoping in for a fraction of a second?  The player had to actually move the crosshair onto you if they scoped in.  So I don't get your complain there.  And usually when it looks like it's not on target, that is usually not that they didn't hit you, but that the host's connection said it hit you, while on your screen, it looks like it didn't hit you.  So a lot of your complaints seem to be aimed at the game and it's mechanics.

CowboySr

Suddenly...

It annoys me because this guy has a semi auto 1 shot kill gun. So up close sometimes I'll hit the enemy only to be killed by the quick scoper.

Could you imagine the mk14 been 1 shot kill lol

The thing is if it takes me say 1 second to aim and it takes the sniper 1 second to aim then we both fire my bullet damages him his kills me.

ap0stl3

I can see your frustrations in that.  But being honest, how often to you come into a 1v1 situation with a quickscoper and he 1) pulls a shot off before you or at the same time 2) actually hits you and 3) doesn't get just a hitmarker but actually kills you?  I mean I play in games against quickscopers a lot and in my 28+ days of playtime on MW3, those three things have probably happened to me less than 50 times.  I understand using just one person as an example doesn't constitute anything.  But does it really happen that often to warrant the masses of complaints?  I mean I get killed by tubes sometimes, and I hate that, but it doesn't happen enough to me to warrant my complaints.  Thoughts?