12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 12:07 PM by nevinparsons9 RSS

Killstreaks are stupid

Failhazard

They make no sense. Why do they make it easier to get kills, the better you are? You call in support when you need help. Not when you are winning. Shouldn't they make it more challenging for better players and easier for bad players? Makes no sense to me.

• Re: Killstreaks are stupid

That's where deathstreaks come in. But I think I get what you're saying, and I think this game would be better with limited, or better yet, no killstreaks.

This topic makes no sense to me. Reward bad players and penalize good ones? Sure...

Proclaimor

There's this thing called a stinger, owns every pointsreak reward except stealth strike, precision airstrike, recon drone,and predator missle. Used in conjunction with blind eye renders assault package obsolete while earning you pointstreaks. By far the most useful secondary weapon in the game, I used my first prestige token on the stinger, and I love enemy strafe runs.

Limited kill streaks would be crap.

Something like 3.5.7 would just be too easy for most people tog

Get. This would create a never ending stream of air traffic that would make the game stale.

The higher killstreaks are the worse in the game they only seem to be awesome for a YouTube commentator lol

I have earned the ospreys pave lows ect and there 99% of the time useless.

Also stop being a ***** when I first started playing cod I just used spy plane care package helicopter.

I would  never get the helli but I wouldn't ask for it to be made easier I just accepted the fact that I wasn't that good.

In racing games people who suck don't complain yet in cod they do.

obzi

My only problem with them is they're too easy to get, once the game is up and running you don't get 30 seconds without something in the air or flying in trying to kill you, there's just too much going on.

the-chazz

the killstreaks should be the same as cod4

vims1990

Failhazard wrote:

They make no sense. Why do they make it easier to get kills, the better you are? You call in support when you need help. Not when you are winning. Shouldn't they make it more challenging for better players and easier for bad players? Makes no sense to me.

I'm not sure where you're getting at Failhazard.

The pointstreak system rewards those who are doing well. i.e. Where they're on good killstreak, playing the objective etc.

If you're struggling, tough luck. Learn from the experienced players. Mimic what they're doing rather than complain about why they're being rewarded.

If you're getting killed by air support, carry a Stinger launcher. Even run the Support Package if you're struggling to build up a decent streak.

I understand you've been only playing COD for 4-5 months. I've read your thread on how you can improve your game. All I say is take some of these players advice & use it in-game.

What's too easy to get.

A 7 kill streak isn't very easy to get but yet it's very easy to shoot down.

What's the problem with loads of things going on air support is easy to deal with use blind eye and a stinger.

I cannot agree more. The only thing worse than killstreaks is the COD community itself.

tezzab

i found it really really hard to get anything above 6/7 streak on MW2 but i find it easier to get higher on MW3 althought the highest streak i use is CP,Pred,A Chopper....usually use blind eye to stop UAV detect's and the such with SD weapons....i find gettin streaks aint bout how good ya are but more bout a good class your comfortable with and knowledge of the maps chocke points,mix between camping a moving to watch the surroundings...works most of the time for me (altough i do lose the head sometimes wen someone gets a cheap kill on me from a sniper spot >=(   )