1 2 3 4 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2012 7:52 PM by NovaSongbird Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!

hopefully it isn't that awful awful looking Kinect marvel fighting game

blech!

• 11. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!
    Jadryx

I am not surprised that it is High Moon Studios.  In one of their behind the scenes videos for Fall of Cybertron (I think…maybe it was War for Cybertron….either way I remember seeing it a while ago) they kind of dropped a hint on what they were working on next and they showed some figurines of Marvel characters.  I’ll have to see if I can find it later and see if it gives any clues….I’m pretty sure I posted it at the old forums. 

They seem to try and respect the source material (but the guys making the Transformer games are huge TF fans so that helps).  I really like what they did with the Transformers games, at least WFC and FOC looks really good so far….the movie game seemed a little rushed but that’s not unusual for those type of games.  I hope this new game is something along the lines of MUA, but at least have co-op play!

Shadowdoggy wrote:

hopefully it isn't that awful awful looking Kinect marvel fighting game

blech!

Nah, that's being made by Ubisoft.

• 12. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!

yes, I agree...but I'm a little nervous about HMS too

in one intereview, one of the devs said that the staff all wanted Grimlock in the game SO bad that they convinced the game writers/producers to include him because he was a staff favorite

that only makes me nervous because when the devs start adding their 2 cents into games based on liscensed properties, it usually ends up failing

ie: MUA2 and it's whacky roster of "staff picks" and "fan favs" that no one played

• 13. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!
    Jadryx

Yeah but in that case Grimlock is also a big fan favorite too.  I do see where your concern comes from, though.  You don't want them to make the game to how they want it and not think about who they are making the game for.

• 14. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!

exactly

I think in any game about marvel superheroes, the roster is usually the big selling point

so I hope they decisions about who is included and what the actual game will encompass are all being made thoughtfully

• 15. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!
    Iron24

Lots of interesting thought going into this but with Avengers being the third highest domesting and worldwide grossing film of all time it is hot, hot, hot right now so that would make sense to me, but another MUA would be awesome although I hope it is longer and better executed than MUA2. Hopefully after the announcment we will all be saying how awesome it is instead of going "WTF" is that about, lol.

• 16. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!
    Hawkeye

@Jad - Was it the tour of the High Moon studios?  I was looking through that and I saw a figure of Hulk on the concept artists's desk, but no one in the video said anything about it so I'm not sure if the guy just really likes Hulk or if it's research.  Skip to 2:56

• 17. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!

I wouldn't mind another MUA3, But I hope they really exspand on  it to where its more than crawling through and bashing your controller.. Be nice to have like sub missions and maybe have puzzles that only certain characters can solve.. And the fusion really have to go.. Maybe bring back the xtreme power attack for each character.. And please don't make another spider-man game.. I want Multiplayer!

• 18. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!
    Hawkeye

They used to have character specific puzzles in X-Men Legends but they got trimmed down to general puzzles in MUA1 then no puzzles at all in MUA2.  They need to add back a bit of the complexity the Legends formula used to have.  MUA2 took out so many of the RPG elements and the level design is so linear that it gets pretty repetitive.  I don't think even a huge roster could've saved it from some of the design choices they took.

• 19. Re: New Marvel game to be announced at SDCC!
    Rogue_Shadow

Yeah, the X-Men Legends games were a lot better, in terms of their RPG elements.  Developing your characters became way more simplistic, and it really annoyed me that they took out the enemies that resist certain types of attacks.  Having characters that resisted energy attacks or physical attacks and stuff made it so that you had to pick a balanced team.  Not to mention that you usually needed characters that could fly or bridge gaps, too.  You didn't really have to worry too much about balancing your team in the MUA games.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next