4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2012 4:47 PM by iGotBombKush RSS

Buffing the Riot Shield?

I have never really used the riot shield and I know for a fact that it is very rare to ever see it in game but I decided to get the Tiger titles that come from doing the various weapon challenges that are there for the riot shield and my god its horrible to use either offensively and even defensively it is  really bad.

Firstly the opponents knife always seems to find its way in and 0hkos me while I only get a hit marker WTH! 2 hits for the riot shield but 1 for the knife how is that fair?

Secondly the fact your feet are always somehow open to be shot which is bull if you have your riot shield up they should have to flank you or blow you up not kill you half a second later than if you didn’t have it up which really defeats the purpose of it.

Thirdly  why oh why is the flinch rate on it so god damn high? I know im being shot and I should feel some sort of impact on it but it totally disorientates you when you get hit making it impossible to keep up your defence when the enemy is strafe firing.

I would like to purpose a buff for the riot shield that would make it usable but most definitely not op I would like it to be a 1 hit kill melle or Knifing not to effect riot shield users or indeed to have knifing only do 50% damage on riot shield users to make it a fair 2 hit kill for both weapons this actually makes sense since riot police have on stab vests protecting them from knives and sharp instruments. I would also like the explosive resistance to be upped very slightly to guarantee surviving a Semtex stick on the shield and for your feet only to be visible during movement.

Like I said I don’t really use the riot shield in game and don’t have much experience with it outside of the last 4 horrible games of ffa but for it to be usable something really has to be done otherwise its useless at any level

• Re: Buffing the Riot Shield?

I agree with the knife idea. I don't think rushing a riot shield user and knifing them should be a legitimate tactic to taking them out. Of course if I designed the game you wouldn't be able to run up and knife people that are shooting you in the face ether.

I also think the riot shield would work better if it didn't become cracked, so easily. After only 1 encounter with an enemy, if they shoot at my shield, I can't see anymore.

I don't think you should be able to survive a semtex stick. Use blastshield if you want to do that.

I've been using the riot shield a lot lately. I don't really think it needs a buff. Make it too good and everyone will start spamming it. And everyone using it could change the dynamic of the game for the worse.

Riot shield would be a lot more viable if lag compensation was fixed. That would solve a lot of "knifing through the shield" problems and cheap strafing kill problems.

thecodpredator wrote:

Firstly the opponents knife always seems to find its way in and 0hkos me while I only get a hit marker WTH! 2 hits for the riot shield but 1 for the knife how is that fair?

Haha, im pretty good at knifing riot shielders in the side. Its awesome. Also, its only a riot shield. How is it "not fair" that a really sharp knife can kill with one stab and a riot shield takes 2 hits? Seems fair to me.

thecodpredator wrote:

Secondly the fact your feet are always somehow open to be shot which is bull if you have your riot shield up they should have to flank you or blow you up not kill you half a second later than if you didn’t have it up which really defeats the purpose of it.

From my experiences playing against riot shielders, you DO have to flank them when theyre crouched behind the riot shield. Youre probably slightly looking up a little bit sometimes. Which is why youre getting shot in the feet. Its not a magical force field. There are gonna be ways to kill the person behind it. Personally, the feet are the first things i shoot at when going up against a riot shielder.

thecodpredator wrote:

Thirdly  why oh why is the flinch rate on it so god damn high? I know im being shot and I should feel some sort of impact on it but it totally disorientates you when you get hit making it impossible to keep up your defence when the enemy is strafe firing.

Think about it. The kinetic energy from bullets hitting an object that is only being held across the center by only one arm is gonna teeter and rock the sh*t out of the shield. Youre being protected from bullets, man. What more do you want? Haha.