46 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 4:43 PM by Spidergamer2012 RSS

No unlimted crime fighting what do you guys think about that???

please post your opinions

• Re: No unlimted crime fighting what do you guys think about that???

I am still buying this game  Unlimted crime fighting or not.

Spider-Man games have always had replay value for me because I love Spider-Man. I've played through Spider-Man 2 & 3 and WoS multiple times, mainly because I love swinging around, plus with Web-Rush, It'll be fun to experiment with things.

SpiderRyuu

It's probably because the game has enough code in it already.

We've got Web Rush and all it's animations, we've got a large highly detailed city, we've got costumes, and FULL comics and all this other stuff in it.

The game only had about two years of development and was worked on simultaneously next to another game. PLUS it's a movie game. Beenox probably didn't have THAT much time. We gotta cut em some slack somewhere.

As for this being DLC, I doubt it. That's a LOT of code to just randomly add as a downloadable feature. That's something you'd want to have on-disc...Maybe a "Gold Edition" as M:UA 1 had?

The thing is though there is no Stop all petty crimes achievement which is weird bc there is an achievement for stop all/complete all other types of side missions but non for random crimes which is strange. It also leaves room for them to add the patch since they can't add infinite of anyting else since it would make some achievements impossible to get.

SpiderRyuu

From what I've read on the reviews that are slowly popping up, this only happens if you reach 100% completion. So, if you don't hit 100%, theoretically, it should be fine.

I think it lowers the replay value considerably. Hopefully we will see Down Loadable Content in the future. More crime fighting side missions or challenge packs of some kind would not be a bad idea.

Honestly, I think it's a travesty. Not only can we not continue to fight crime under the same save after 100% completion, there's no New Game Plus. This destroys replay value. Could be they didn't use their time wisely: As some would argue that without replayability the game isn't worth 60 bucks, or maybe Activision just didn't give them enough time and resources to make it happen.

Either way, it sucks for us customers and fans alike because we've been swindled into thinking this wasn't just another movie game rushed out the door a week before or after the movie releases. No, they told us it took place after the events of the movie (true), and that they were given adequate leeway with the license to do as they desired (not true).

So basically Beenox is telling us they're either very naive or they're highly incompetent at their own game. It's so transparent that their handler, Activision, doesn't want us playing this game for weeks on end. What they want is more of our money from DLC that adds new content to compensate for no New Game Plus (probably 15 bucks a pop for less than 2 hours of game play), and when they decide to go ahead with a sequel the masses will eat it up because they'vebeen craving it for so long since ASM has almost non-existent replayability.

Well I say no more, either Beenox/Activision writes this wrong for free or this will be the last time they get a penny out of me. I won't be nickeled and dimed.

Well, in my opinion Beenox really screwed it up for me by not having unlimited crime, i don't want to play through the same mission fifty times just to beat up thugs, i want to save people from being robbed and such. I want Spidey to be a everyday hero which saves the men and women of New York by beating crime, not stopping a whole crazy corporation a hundred times...

TimFL274

Exactly, I want to be the everyday hero. When I played the game for the first time I got the satisfying feeling of saving someone when I saw a woman being robbed (it was just one thug). I do hope that if they add petty crimes randomly they dont just give us the last type of petty crimes with 80% blocking thugs. I would also like the easiest petty crimes with just one thug robbing someone. It should be totally random IMO and not just the hardest type of petty crimes. Thats another way to tackle the replay value and repetitive gameplay. If it's always the same petty crime it gets boring, if it is a mixture of all the petty crimes you encounter throughout the game it's going to be awesome.

Jup, exactly, but when is Beenox going to realize this? Probably not before people have started delivering their games in..

TimFL274

Well I dont think most people turn their games in. I've never turned a game in before because it's not worth the effort for me and 69€ isnt that much tbh. I spend that in a week just for food when I'm outside (probably even more). And it's usually like that that I want to play a game again after a while and I later on regret giving it away/turning it in so I keep every single game, regardless of how dumb it is (not saying ASM is dumb, I'm talking about other games I regret buying... )...

You're not seriously comparing food (an economical commodity, a necessity and source of life to all living creatures) to a game (a form of entertainment that isn't at all vital), are you? Because they're not at all alike.

Also, I don't think anybody has ever regretted purchasing food. I mean maybe it wasn't the best tasting food, but at least--other than junk food--it always provides us with sustenance. On the other hand, some games simply aren't worth the 60 US or 69 Euro because they fall short of the greats and don't provide the same value that others do. I don't necessarily regret purchasing this game because I enjoyed it enough for one play-through, but that doesn't mean I don't expect better when it's got the advantage of having other games of the same genre to learn from and even great games of the same franchise to borrow from, such as Spider-man 2 that it doesn't even hold a candle to in certain areas (for instance, that game's robust web-swinging, ever persistent crime-fighting and simple things like being able to hang thugs up-side down from lamp posts).

Particularly when it's clear that ASM borrowed so heavily from Arkham City in the combat department, and now I find out Beenox neglected to include another overwhelmingly positively received feature in that game, which is New Game Plus. It's not only disappointing, but it just makes me think about how much better ASM could have been had Beenox taken the time to implement certain features or refine them for replayability purposes. It keeps this game from truly hanging with one of the greatest super-hero, Arkham, and it makes it pretty mediocre in my eyes.

I love this game and all but, in all the interviews they say their is always crimes going on. Really Beenox? You lied to us. This game is fun but if you make unlimited crimes, carchases, deadlocks, etc. I'll be playing this game for a long time.I mean you made the crimes stop just so you could get a 100% and an acievment? That's stupid in my opinion. This game is fun but before you make dlc, before you make more costumes, MAKE UNLIMITED CRIMES!!!!!!

i was very upset when i found out that the crime doesnt spwan randomly but i still bought it to see for myself so i think they should update it soon r ill be done playing the game

TimFL274

I'm pretty much done with this game the past few days. I try to enjoy it and I'm currently playing it just swinging around but as Spider-Man said earlier when I was idling "this pointless hanging around is starting to lose its charm" (something along that lines). When I have nothing to do I have the urgent feeling to play this game but it fades away slowly once the game is running because there is nothing to do.

Beenox? When are you going to do something about this? I never played through the open world Spider-Man games a second time and I wont play this games story a 2nd time either, I'm more of a freeroaming and crime fighter in the open world Spider-Man games. Most of the time I spent just swinging around fighting crime in the previous titles.

Spidergamer2012

I hope there is unlimted crime fighting and better side missions

TimFL274

There isnt. The game is out since last week and most of us are stuck with nothing to do because side missions stop showing up after you complete them.

considering the devs are showing no signs of responding to, let alone actually addressing the issues of replay value, in game, of course the game becomes nothing more than trade in fodder. no one in their right mind wants to have to do it all over again, because there is no other replay value outside of that.

continue to support beenox & we can be assured that the sequal will feature some sort of multiplayer mode, complete with an online pass, to curtail this trend.

maybe what they should do instead is give the fans what they want in the first place, then all the b.s. could be avoided, before it even begins.

rest assured, the only extra content that will be added will also cost extra. i'd be shocked if it ends up otherwise.

beenox, if you want people to continue to buy your games, please consider giving us what we want, & what should have been there from the beginning unlimited side missions, period.

this game has alot of potential, but capping it within the constraints of 100% being the alpha/ omega was a major mistake.

maybe what needs to be done is hit them where it hurts & start threads warning potential buyers that theyll be in the same predicament we're in, very soon, because the game is pretty easy to "swing" through with nothing left to do after that?

TimFL274

This would've easily pushed the previous open world Spider-Man games from their thrones if it had infinite side missions/a similar side mission system as SM2/3.

I'm pretty sure we will see infinite crimes happening any time soon. From my point of view, as a developer, I can NOT understand and I am NOT willing to understand why this can NOT be done with a simple patch. It shouldnt require A LOT of time to do this. Everyone telling you otherwise doesnt really know what he is talking about/never programmed anything. The crimes are already there, all they have to do is remove the "block" that lets them end after 100% completion and maybe put an algorithm in that makes them pop up in random order.

I simply cant cope with the idea of Beenox not patching this in and I am pretty sure they will later on. If they dont then they either really dont care about the players and only wanted to cash in or they... they... no they cant be that bad at making games because even a ****** with minor programming skills could possibly mod the crimes to appear randomly if he had access to the source.

Dont hate on me, I know I know nothing about how they developed the game but I refuse to believe it was developed so it makes it impossible for them to simply patch random crimes in.

Mod note: edited out offensive content.

i can totally understand offering solutions to the issue & also agree its something they could probably patch in, & also would be the right thing to do. let me also add that i really hope it happens & this all becomes moot!

however, in an industry driven by $, with competetion involved, i dont think so. at least not without them being financially motivated to get off their duffs to do something about it. hence my solution above; concerning potential buyers.

ironic, considering the alternative.

if a game doesnt sell well,  improving it isnt even in the conversation. save that for the sequal, if there is one. if sales are booming, then theres a demand for dlc, which people will be more than happy to part with their $, in exchange for.

its the nature of the beat that is the issue, on top of the real issue, in the case of the amazing spider-man  game.

it'd be different if it were a technical issue, like if the game's programming didnt function properly. then they'd have no choice because then they piss off the producers, distributers, retailers, & not just the consumer...

...apparently, its ok if its just them though.

Spidergamer2012

well that sucks i hope they fix that

I dont mind it it makes it so it feels like an achievement when you finish and not some constant pointless crime fighting with a reward. start a new game i reckon.

Spider-man 3 kinda sucked but even after you beat up the gang zones 100%  they still showed up so you could fight them. PLEASE FIX THE RANDOM CRIMES!!!!!

This was done once before in Spider-man 2 and actually yes no unlimited would crime would be great.  Another thing I'd like the car chasing from Spider-man 2 puching roofs stopping cars and having to take on the criminals.  Also being able to hang criminals from street poles and webbing them to walls now that would be great.  Thankfully though no ballon grabs for children that always seemed annoying

The unlimited crime is the only point I'm missing....but I do hat much...

The random crime gave Spider-Man 2 so much replay value. And, as a developer, it's not hard to implement that. The crimes are there so they don't need to add new crimes. They just have to remove the limit and implement a short random algorithm which sets these crimes in random order again and again. Games are huge so such an algorithm is not as easy as in easy, small software. But i think it should be possible vor Beenox in less than a week.

So please Beenox: I think The Amazing Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2. So please give us unlimited crime. Give aus random seekers without limit, give us sharpshooters without limit and such things!