33 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 4:41 AM by DisHonored_Mystik RSS

BUFF the freaking Model 1887...

Snipingdbag

Anyone who has this gun Gold deserves a massive, massive Cookie.

It is nothing short of a freaking disaster. Worst primary in the game hands down? I’m better off with the L118a1 on dome than this POS. Where IW is the logic of snipers beating shotguns cqb?

How can a gun that shoots so slow and is that hard to aim hip firing have that low an ohk potential in his zone? It needs multiple buffs, Sniper rifles act as better shotguns, that’s what you IW make us believe.

First off the fire rate. They say the spas and model have the same fire rate, nope. Model rechambers so slow. The chance of a second shot in are so low it’s laughable, after your first marshmallow shot gets a hitmarker you generally die. The spas has an acceptable fire rate with soh pro and grip, the model needs to be a tad faster too.

What I want to see;

- 15 % Faster rechamber (with soh) / slight fire rate buff

- Pellet increase (8 to 9, spas too btw)

- Hip fire accuracy increase from 5 to 4.5 crosshairs (spas is on 4 I believe)

This would make it an actual primary with damage in his zone and thus finally worth using.

• Re: BUFF the freaking Model 1887...

i can not use any shotgun i have tried and tried .. i see guys use striker like a boss but not this guy . i still with my ump45,acr,mp5,type95

I do have the gold Model. It took FOREVER. It is probably the most inconsistent shotty I've used. The rechamber rate could use a little tweaking to make it quicker, but the pellet increase would be enough IMO.

My best tips for the Model I guess would be:

1. You don't have to wait for the entire rechamber animation to finish to fire again. You can fire again as soon as you eject the spent chamber from the gun.

2. Quickscope with it. Seriously. I get waaaaaay more OHK's from range and close up doing a QS type shot with it. Perhaps it centers all the pellets making it more deadly? Whatever it is; it works with all the shotties.

3. Bob 'n weave like a mofo. Equip concussions, throwing knife and get creative!

I was working on the 1887 but gave up quickly lol, when most games are sooo laggy i usually get hit markers the first shell and maybe get lucky enough to fire off a second time to kill the guy. I'm one of those guys who is a boss with the striker though, and get freaking hate mail after game because I use it lol....the USAS is also a good shotgun but you have to have good timing between shots.

I remember you from the other day - you weren't that bad .. Nothing that an LMG couldn't take care of tho as I recall .. If your gonna blow up with hot air, make sure you don't do with people who have played with you before .. Just thought you should know .. Oh, no hate mail from me .. But like you, I recieve lots .. I especially like the ones containing graphic metaphors .. Of course, those people are now banned .. Gotta love Playstation .. Have a super day

No offence, but nearly everyone is a boss with a striker.

RAMBONER

Dam sniping you took the words out of my mouth.  13 times....I have levelled the model to 18 or higher before I gave up on it.  The dam thing is so  dam inconsistant its a joke.  Gave up on it last night for this prest. 

Needs much more power so its worth using over other guns.  Its so dam slow on the ROF.

BLACKDOG

model is already overpowered when damage is added so buff not required

ModernWelfare

BlackDog, please try using the Model 1887, even with damage, and see how "overpowered" it is. The Model would get the OHKs it deserves with added damage/pellets. The AA-12 needs 9 pellets like the Usas-12 and KSG-12 and maybe more range and/or a drum mag like some have suggested. Everyone, please try using a weapon before saying that it needs a buff or a nerf.

dude seriously? i get hitmarks at point blank with the ksg but the friggin model kills me from assault/sniper ranges half the time i dont even know who killed me. i had one vid saved of a headshot i received and when i panned around the guy that killed me well i'll say a ump woulda had trouble gettin me

zvers

They should offer "slugs" as an attachment for shotty's. No pellet spread but if you are aiming dead on, it should be a OHK. It would give it better range too.

zvers wrote:

They should offer "slugs" as an attachment for shotty's. No pellet spread but if you are aiming dead on, it should be a OHK. It would give it better range too.

Personally, I'd love to see a slug attachment. Or any attachment for that matter to the Model. Although if slugs were an attachment, could you imagine the amount of hate the Model would suddenly get? People already cry hard enough when they get OHK'd from range now..

Good idea though.

Nuk1014

This. The spas, too. God, you get so many hitmarkers at point blank range it's not even funny. I rarely use shotgun enough to get damage on, but the few I did were the KSG, Usas, and Striker. Any other shotgun is terribly inconsistant.

ae_gs

Have the model and aa12 gold.  Also have the ksg at level 30 85% to gold, the spas is at level 30 60% to gold, and the usas is at level 30 60% to gold.

I was using the model before the patch and it was terrible getting 3 hit markers on one person.  Haven't used it much since after the patch but it still gets 2 hitmarkers if it is laggy.  The only thing the model needs is attachments.  How are there no attachments it is ridiculous.

Have been having a lot of luck with the spas.  Before the patch I had a 91% accuracy with the gun but had a negative KDR    I have over a 2 KDR with it but I will get those double hitmarker games.  Took out 5 people on mission in a couple of seconds last night it was so nasty.

See, I disagree. I love the fact that there's a unique gun (lever action shotty) that is so horrible that people don't use it. When I run around and kill people with it, they have absolutely nothing they can say. They're typically stunned

I played against a full party and did fairly well... If I remember correctly, I went about 50-20 with 5 or 6 flag caps. Afterwards, one of the kids in the clan started to ***** at me about the Models, but one of his own clan members cut him off and said, "Dude... he crushed us with one of the worst guns in the game..."

It was a pretty awesome feeling.

The first thing that needs to be done is fix the lag...that's really what makes A LOT of weapons seem worse than they are.

People "own" with the Striker because, like SMGs and other rapid fire weapons, they can simply spam the trigger button and with so many pellets flying, of course a lot of them have got to register overall coupled with its good damage and such.

If I had a voice/choice that IW would listen to I would want the old thing to remain the same, to bad we cant wear a cowboy hat to boot.

Fact is I hardly ever see anyone using this ancient designed weapon so when I do find myself toes up by way of the 1887 shotty I think hey that's cool that someone is confident enough to make continued use of it online.

It goes without saying that in the survival modes, with a bit of a defensive playstyle, one can easily reach into the 30's waves with the 1887.

In any case quickdraw is a must though, in my meager opinion..... 

RAMBONER

@ Gerbera man i do think you are right.

The problem is until the lag BS is fixed (which most likely is never) the gun is useless most of the time.  Like I said I have levelled it to over 18 every one of 13 prestiges and it is just so inconsistant.  If I am going to take the disadvantage of getting usually only 1 shot then that shot, especially at close range, should be worth it.  I love the gun and have a friend who is a beast with the thing so I know it can be done but when I shoot someone point blank in the head and they turn and kill me that sucks. 

The USAS is now the best shotty I think and equal to the striker.

Sniping and myself a couple of weeks ago did a private match with the model and the point blank hit markers even in a private match with only two of us were crazy.   We both commented  many times how one shot it could OSK from accross the room and the next time getta hit marker up close.  Thats the only reason i am not completely convinced that it has to do with lag.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of weapons can be surprisingly better than people give them credit for as well as others NOT seeming as great as they do when people suddenly AREN'T 1-2+ seconds behind them.

I mean, on good matches with little to no lag (at least noticeable), I'm able to go 20+ with the M16A4, taking people out with a single burst each at any range. Something even the Type 95 isn't capable of so consistently from my experience (at the very least at range). Or, as I mentioned a lot on such threads, can go OHK Longshot after Longshot with the USAS-12 and other shotguns.

But then it can be as small as the "right" person suddenly joining the game and all that goes out the window...then it's hitmarker after hitmarker... ><

darkplaces28

I love the Model 1887, but not because it makes me more successful. I like it because it knocks an enemy on his backside when it works right, lol. I know what you mean though. You have to be very, very patient with the gun or it will just lead to rage after rage. It's so amazingly inconsistent. You can shoot 2 guys standing directly next to each other from 5 feet away and get a hit marker on 1, but kill the other guy. You can basically put the gun directly into someone's body and get a hit marker. Then there are times where you get surprised and drop someone from 20 feet away with one shot.

If you can handle the ups and downs with that gun and get range or damage then you have displayed much patience for sure. Even with those proficiencies you will still experience hit markers from close quarter combat and it's just absolutely stupid.

I hate it when you're finally doing good with that gun and the other team counters with the striker. that always seems to be the counter for your 1887.

Bobbing and weaving is definitely a good way to get in 2 shots if need be. I also use a tactic where I kind of jerk up on the left analog stick as I shoot and it sometimes adds that extra kick up to a head shot and I get lucky and drop the guy in 1 shot. I always hipfire.

I kind of like that the gun is a challenge to use. If they buff it more people will use it and take the fun out of it I think. It definitely needs some type of buff though, but until then I'll continue to use it and go through the struggles with it.

Tip #1 to use a shotgun effectively: Play hardcore, one shot kill till end of range. Unless you suck at aiming you will very rarely get a hitmarker.

Snipingdbag

This is taking it you’re playing in a good local lobby and on one of the cqb oriented maps. It’s still fcking garbage. Lag can only be an excuse for so long. If I switch to a sniper in the same lobby and then proceed to get ohks constantly unlike with the model 5 feet away, something is up. Lag makes it worse than running around with a pistol on long range maps, a bit of lag will always be present though. All shotguns pre damage are inconstant, most become usable with damage, some still need more tweaks; mainly the model. Aa-12 too, but I don’t care about that spammable pos myself.

A default model is the worst gun in the game hands down. It needs half of its pellets to hit in his 7 meters range (which is laughable, knowing what 7 meters really is in this game), that combined with its horrible accuracy and that slow fire rate means leveling it up is hell. Now a maxed out Model is half decent, but overall too inconstant too, making it balanced aka more constant in his zone would not see people use it a lot, simply because it would still be much easier to use rf smgs cqb, let alone all-round.

I fail to see why they can’t buff it and the spas too CQB. Why should the ksg and usas need 1/3 of their pellets to hit for a kill maxed out cqb but these two harder to use guns 3/8th? It’s especially a problem on the model since it lacks accuracy. The usas has a max damage range of 10 meters, while having a pellet more to kill, tighter spread and being automatic. Makes sense…

The model has a fast damage drop off, so to say it’s the best shotgun on range is nor right nor wrong. Yes, it needs 4 pellets to kill outside its comfort zone maxed out with damage, but it remains inconstant throughout its potential range, hardest shotgun to use all-round do to lack of accuracy (worst spread) and very slow rechamber, meaning you can’t help but die after your first marshmallow pellets cuddle the enemy giving away your position.

The model With damage does 30*1.4 is 42 damage per pellet in his zone and 20 *1.4 is 28 damage after 7 meters. 3 To 4 pellet kill seem great, but not with such laughable accuracy in combo with the current pellet amount, that slow rechamber and a quick damage drop off. A buff is needed. We should not be getting hitmarker shooting centre mass on people in his zone. The game isn’t rewarding good aim with it, lag or not.

I have the spas with damage and can say it’s a very decent shotty with some constancy issues cqb with damage, I believe would get fixed (bar lag & deahtstreaks) with a minor buff (9 pellets for a 3 hit kill cqb like the usas and ksg) as it already has good crosshairs and its maximum range only drops after 10 meters (model after around 7 meters but it has a 4 pellet kill potential on range, spas needing 6 maxed out which seems fair).

I would not mind the model going from 20*1.4 28 max damage on range to 15 * 1.4 is 23 (5 pellet kill with damage). For more constancy in his zone by adding a pellet and tighter 4.5 crosshairs thus a constant 3/5 pellet kill with decent accuracy thus constancy something it now lacks. With the spas staying at 30*1.4= 42 and 14*1.4= 19.5 (6 pellets on range) 3/6 pellet kill, which is fair since it would still have a better max damage range 3 pellet kill and still have tighter crosshairs and attachments available. I would then also Improve the max damage range of the model to at least 9 meters (the usas and spas having 10 meters for instance before dropping their max damage).

As it is model should be a constant 3 pellet kill (3/8, 37.5 % of the body needed for a kill), the problem is that the random pellet generator gets more and more inaccurate every Feet.

Adding another pellet would see good aimed shots generate a lot more kills cqb especially with tighter crosshairs, simply because you will have a better chance of  pellets hitting every time you shoot, but only if your aim is good. Atm it’s too luck based, thus the gun is inconstant in its zone even the main problem. People even say it’s OP do to the 4 pellet kill potential on range with damage. Then use it. You won’t because it’s fckin garbage & a nightmare to level up, with the model having the worst spread, most long range kills shotties get are on already hurt players.

I find playing HC btw defeating the purpose of shotguns (ohks cqb and slightly further up the pitch), most autos can kill in 1 shot with 700 plus rpm in HC.

FYI, IW it’s obvious that shotguns should bypass Final stand (on the pump / lever action shotguns) and dead man’s hand (all). You die automatically simply because you play with a gun that requires you to move / position yourself cqb? Retarded.

xSt4yr3ady

Would anyone else like 2 attachments to be switched with akimbo for the Model? I sure as hell want this but sadly, it won't

It should definitely get a buff. I like to use it, but it's such a nightmare to level up, that I won't be doing so again until I'm 15th prestige. I've no idea why it didn't get the the same amount of pellets as the KSG12, which is a very good gun and far better than the Model. The Spas12 should also recieve an extra pellet. I like to have a challenge playing MW3, otherwise it gets boring, but the hitmarkers you sometimes get with this gun are just unfair!

Snipingdbag

This dude make sense. BUFF the model please. Hell if not 1 extra pellet, 35 base damage would not make this gun OP either, do to its lack of accuracy and the slow rechamber. Shame that he showed his best moments and not the 1000s of hitmarkers he got leveling the thing up only to get them again with damage or range.

crossfire-roadster

I actually have my model setup the same as he suggested.  It works pretty decent and I'll probably get it gold this weekend, its autumn at the moment.  Something that has been working pretty good for me is to ads the first shot and if I get a hit marker I'll dodge and weave and hipfire the second shot and sometimes the third if the hit detection is real bad.  I also don't feel like damage was that great of an improvement over range but of course the connection inconsistencies makes it hard to compare.

It has definitely been a grind especially with the bs lag and major host lag.  I have used it a little bit each prestige but now since I'm tenth and not prestiging any further I decided to get it gold.

The funniest thing that happens when I use the Model.

The other team pulls out their strikers. Then call me a noob for using the model at the end of the match. Because the striker is such a pro weapon to use.

By the way that was a great vid and commentary by raging amish.

ae_gs

It was a good video.  I have to disagree that the AA12 is the worst shotgun in the game.  I destroy people with that gun.  It is one of the bests guns but you have to have sleight of hand and scavenger with extended mag and damage.  I got the spas and the ksg gold this weekend so I am up to 4 gold shotguns.  I was getting constant hitmarkers with the ksg and it did not really happen before.  I am struggling with the usas had over a 3 kdr with it with like 600 kills and now I am hitting people twice and getting knifed or just dying.  I have dropped to a 2.5 with the gun.

kingdsx

I think they're just afraid they will make it overpowered again. As all of you fellow mw2 players would know, the model 1887 was the first gun to be patched in the call of duty series. This was a huge patch and it made the weapon pretty weak, but still stronger than the one in mw3 because of the akimbo attachment in mw2. Honestly, I think the only way to balance this is to either remove damage and range and make it have them by default, or to add akimbo and remove all proficiencies. Honestly, I think proficiencies take away from gun balance because many shotguns suck unless you get to the max level.

It aint that bad, just need some getting used to. I have the Gold title for it actually, but its to inconsistent when it comes to lag, sometimes it kills in 2 shots, others in 4-5....

wtf how can you hate the model. if you know how to use it like a master like me then its one of the best guns in the game. ON the rare occasion i get a hitmarker i have time to ofload another shot or two into the person.