11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 3:57 PM by pj600r RSS

Any news on the lag comp patch?

Or was it just PR bulls*t to shut everyone up, just seems less UK players in match making now and more lag?

• Re: Any news on the lag comp patch?
    gallp13

Yyou're joking right....lwhat lag comp patch?

pj600r

Hi Dean, I wouldn't hold your breath the lag comp won't get fixed now not this late into the games run.

The matchmaking and spawns are just as big an issue and they can't get them right either.

I've been playing 3v3 face off lately and because of the reduced numbers in the lobby I'm getting paired with people all over the world now, tonight I've had Americans, Mexicans, Polish, Swedish, Portuguese, France, Russia etc etc.

It's just the way things are now, it sucks but it won't get fixed, not enough people play at peak UK times these days.

I'd give BO2 a wide birth as well as that's where all the problems started with the lag on BO so why will the new game be any different.

I'm going to rent the game first and see how it plays before I shell out any money.

PJ, was kinda thinking that myself about the patch, I dont even have XBL anymore. BF3 is actually worse on dedicated servers than MW3 and have played a dozen games or so over the last week on MW3 on my sons account but its still awful. Not gonna fall for the BLOPS2 hype as BLOPS was worse then MW3 in many ways, matchmaking on that was the worst i'd seen in ant game ever!

pj600r

I have played BF3 and it's not quite as bad but I found it a bit boring, the one game I wish had a little more effort put into it was Medal of Honor, it seemed like quite a good mix of the 2 games.

It's just a pity they rushed it out and it ended up being a half hearted effort.

The screenshots and clips of BO2 have not inspired me to rush out and pre order it, and the fact they are already recycling maps like Nuketown show the road the game is likely to go down, everyone on the BO2 forum is already petitioning for Firing Range as well.

So any news matchmaking seeems to not working correctly as usual?

starbuckfrack

pj600r wrote:

I have played BF3 and it's not quite as bad but I found it a bit boring, the one game I wish had a little more effort put into it was Medal of Honor, it seemed like quite a good mix of the 2 games.

It's just a pity they rushed it out and it ended up being a half hearted effort.

The screenshots and clips of BO2 have not inspired me to rush out and pre order it, and the fact they are already recycling maps like Nuketown show the road the game is likely to go down, everyone on the BO2 forum is already petitioning for Firing Range as well.

You do realize that Nuke Town 2025 is a free map for pre-ordering and not actually part of the game right ?

Yhey can rehash old maps for free as long as they want.

Besides it doesnt mean its the same NukeTown map. It can be totally different. All you are ging off is a name.

But its OK if you dont want to pre-order it. But if you have to buy it in a pack later then dont complain.

pj600r

I know it's a freebie if you preorder and it's likely to cost at least 400 points if you want to add it at a later date.

Nuketown was never my favourite map anyway so I won't be missing much as you can bet if it comes up it will definately get voted for and I'll just get kicked from the lobby.

That's if I even bother buying the game, there are plenty of good games coming out around that sort of time and I didn't enjoy BO so no great loss.

The " free " map is not really free because you have to spend £45 to buy the game, or you can wait awhile and pick it up pre-owned for far less.

starbuckfrack

dean66s wrote:

Or was it just PR bulls*t to shut everyone up, just seems less UK players in match making now and more lag?

Answer given