10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2010 8:06 AM by rundoc RSS

Update 1.4

rundoc

It's fixed!! NOT!!!!!!

Just downloaded the update. Looked like all was well except I still have to reboot my phone to get it to connect if it disconnects while you are in the app. I could also access the store and so I started redownloading my songs. Got to song 51 and it started acting weird. Long delays to the point you think the app is locked and I can no longer access the store. They also turned the old leader board back on so now I have to catch up with the score on the leaderboard on my phone. Seems like thier QA program is non-existant.

• Re: Update 1.4
    rundoc

Also found that the app crashes a lot.

deadchef

d/l the latest and 'greatest' update. haven't been able to connect since the last one. seems to be working for now...

rundoc

@deadchef How many songs do you have loaded? My upgrade was fine until I passed 50 songs. I'm thinking about blowing it away when I get home and try a fresh install.

deadchef

rundoc wrote:

@deadchef How many songs do you have loaded? My upgrade was fine until I passed 50 songs. I'm thinking about blowing it away when I get home and try a fresh install.

i have 83 songs installed to date, which is all of them.

on another note, i noticed that when i play a song and look at my song rank, it shows a completely different score....

i'm starting to lose my patience with this game. i'm always having to reboot my iphone because songs will be 'glitchy' and i get a 'low memory' warning. now the scores aren't posting correctly and it looks like there may be another cheater on the leaderboard...

i think i read somewhere that you had to reinstall. were you able to keep your name and continue to build on your progress or did you have to start all over?

Wzrd0803

**** I thought my problems were over with this new update.  I'm getting pissed off at this ****.  I finally was able to connect to the store and even get a track pack after I did a clean install of the game.  This morning I looked in the store and was thinking about getting another track pack.  Now I can't connect to the store again.  It doesn't even try.  It stays offline. Even rebooting does the same ****.

toadbe

deadchef wrote:

on another note, i noticed that when i play a song and look at my song rank, it shows a completely different score....

i think i read somewhere that you had to reinstall. were you able to keep your name and continue to build on your progress or did you have to start all over?

The score posting issue is not really new, saw it already with previous versions. It seems to affect only individual song scores, not the overall guitar or bass score.

Regarding reinstall, be very careful. If you restore completely your iPhone/iPod, you will lose all your scores.

As soon as you delete the app from the device, it erase everything about the game. Note also that if you do that, you will not be able to use the same nickname on the leaderboards !

I would really like to have a way to backup those scores & settings.

Toad_-_BE (who lost his scores twice already ... )

johsm

How did you manage to connect to the servers?

Since version 1.2 i have not been able to connect to the in-app servers!

I have uninstalled and re-installed the app, restarted the phone etc, but it still says "Offline"?

Running on 3G or wifi connection dosn't matter...

Is there any problems with me beening in Sweden? or that i own a 3GS (32GB) phone running iOS 4.1?

hobbitrjw27

I am still unable to connect to the store either to redownload my songs. If Activision cannot get this fixed ASAP then they just need to post a update containing every single song from the in app store...for free,and not worry about having a DLC store cause they obviously cannot manage it too well.

rachelskirts

deadchef wrote:

After 1.3 released, my save data was corrupted, and I had to start all over.  I assume this will also happen if you reinstall for any other reason.  My original character's scores are still on the leaderboards under my original name of Rachelskirts, so I can't re-register with that name.  (Super lame.)  Instead, I'm floating around as Rockskirts now and trying to work my way back up from the bottom.

I'm now taking screenshots of my progress along the way to document how much time I'm putting into the game and what scores I'm reaching on guitar and bass (to prove that I'm putting more than just money into the game).  If they release another faulty update that screws up my character, I'll be sending in the screenshots and asking for a refund.

rundoc

I've had to start all over 4 times now. It still won't let me load all my songs. It hits 45 and starts acting squirly and when I hit 48 it constantly crashes. I've been using it for about 4 days now with thirty songs with no problems. I'm not going to mess with it any more or buy any song packs until it gets fixed. I've reloaded from scratch 4 times. If Activision was my company I'd be looking for some new QA people about now.

deadchef wrote:

rundoc wrote:

i have 83 songs installed to date, which is all of them.

i'm starting to lose my patience with this game. i'm always having to reboot my iphone because songs will be 'glitchy' and i get a 'low memory' warning. now the scores aren't posting correctly and it looks like there may be another cheater on the leaderboard...