13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2011 8:50 PM by danial662666 RSS

Activision tech support IS A JOKE!! READ THIS!

Wzrd0803

I put most of my conversation with Activision TS.  Thread reads from the bottom up (newest to oldest).  Read my latest reply to their response.  I had a guy named Nick Bee who was helpful for the most part.  He had me uninstall the app from iTunes and my touch and reinstall and had been working with me from version 1.1 and then this Dov Carson takes over my ticket.

Customer 10/11/2010 03:14 PM 

Thanks for the generic response!

1. This **** hasn't worked right since version 1.1.

2. I have already deleted and reinstalled 5 times now the correct way and lost all my **** since version 1.1 and am NOT going to do it again as i'm SURE this is not going to fix the problem.

3. I am not the only one having this problem.

4. Do you even bother to read the other notes in this trouble ticket before replying with a generic response?

I need a working solution to the problem not a generic response!

Response (Dov Carson) 10/11/2010 08:48 AM 

An update was released that should resolve this issue, however in order to resolve you msut remove the application.

(Warning, this will remove all of your current save data, and you will start over your progress through the rock ranks).

1) Remove the previous version of the Application from the device.

Please Note: This will erase all save data.

- From the Device:

o Long-press (hold) the icon at the menu until a small ‘x’ appears in the upper left hand corner of the application icon.

o Press the ‘x’ and confirm the deletion.

2) Remove the previous version of the Application from iTunes.

- Select ‘Applications’ under Library then choose ‘Guitar Hero’ and right click then select delete.

- Select ‘Move to Recycle Bin’ (Windows) or ‘Move to Trash’ (Mac).

3) Re-Download the Guitar Hero Application from iTunes.

- Select ‘iTunes Store’ on your computer.

o Note: This should be done while connected to the computer, not through the App Store present on the device.

- Search for Guitar Hero and Select Buy.

- Enter your Account Information and confirm the purchase (You will not be charged).

4) Sync the Guitar Hero Application with the device.

- From iTunes:

o Select the iPhone or iPod from the ‘Devices’ dropdown menu.

o Select the ‘Applications’ tab.

o Check the box next to the ‘Guitar Hero’ Application.

o Select ‘Apply’ or ‘Sync’ (if the device does not sync automatically) from the lower right hand corner of the iTunes window.

Customer 10/09/2010 11:34 PM 

Any idea what the problem is and when it will get resolved? This is total crap!

Response (Dov Carson) 10/06/2010 11:55 AM 

Thanks for the update. We will forward this to the appropriate parties and continue to look into this from our end.

Customer 10/06/2010 11:10 AM 

Still not working!!! I am not the only one having this problem! Look at your community forums for GH Iphone.

viewforum.php?f=501

Different topics but within those topic are people having the same issues as me.

Response 10/06/2010 10:52 AM 

We will continue to monitor this matter, and do not have any updated information available at this time. From what we are being told, this service should be up and running normally at this point.

Can you try again today?

Customer 10/03/2010 11:33 AM 

My touch is still in the DMZ and yes I tried resyncing.

Response 10/02/2010 10:35 PM 

Is your iPod Touch still in the DMZ port of your modem?

Have you retried syncing the device to your iTunes account again?

Customer 10/02/2010 10:24 PM 

I thought my problems were over with this new update. I'm really getting pissed off at this ****. I finally was able to connect to the store and even get a track pack after I did a clean install of the game. This morning I looked in the store and was thinking about getting another track pack. Now I can't connect to the store again to get it. It doesn't even try. It stays offline. Even rebooting does the same thing.

Response (Nick Bee) 09/30/2010 07:45 PM 

Are you still having problems or is everything now working properly?

Customer 09/30/2010 07:42 PM 

Downloaded version 1.4 in iTunes after deleting old one on touch and computer. Synced.

Customer 09/30/2010 07:41 PM 

It finally works. I can get into the store now.

• Re: Activision tech support IS A JOKE!! READ THIS!
    johsm

Well,

I'm about to say the same, i have not got any feedback on my support ticket!

Did update it, but no reaction? I guess they don't care about the customers that have problems.....

I did also sent the support information to the Nordic support as adviced, still no answer!

So now it's soon 1 month ago the ticket was opened!

I guess i have to open a ticket that says that the original ticket is not answered or something like that?

This is my Issue log:

Customer (Me) 10/11/2010 11:29 PM  

Support? Help? Anyone? What is happening?

How am i able to get a refound for the game and all the songs that i bought if you are not able to correct the problems?

The store is currently always offline, even after uninstalling and installing, syncing from PC etc! (I'v now tried everything...)

Customer (Me) 10/08/2010 03:45 AM    

Hi,

I have tried to get help from you but it seems to take some time! The Nordic support didn't know what to do...

I still have problems, i have version 1.4 installed, reinstalled, uninstalled from my pc and iphone synced and redownloaded.

Still it always says it's offline, and i can't access my previously downloaded items or any new ones!

I have an iPhone 3GS, running the latest iOS version 4.1

Every thing else works fine on it, on wifi and 3G connection etc.

My son has the same phone and is using the app fine, it says that the servers and store is online! The difference is that he did never upgrade GuitarHero to version 1.2 or 1.3 but waited and upgraded it straight to version 1.4..

I did upgrade to the failing version (1.2) and since then i can't access the servers/store in the game (Still Offline), even if i do uninstall it and reinstall it (version 1.4)!

I did try my itunes account on my sons iphone and yes i can access the store with it from his iPhone!

So is there any files corrupted or missing that is left on the iPhone even if you do uninstall and reinstall GH?

Why can't i access the online servers/in-game store from my iPhone any longer? It's now soon 1 month since the problem did occur after the bad 1.2 update/release!

Is my iphone or account/phone blocked in someway within the Game or game servers / inapp?!?! (It work fine with all other apps / itunes etc?!?!)

I have lost all my progress and spent some money on the App and the in-Game Store for it, still no solution?

Please help!

Customer (Me) 10/06/2010 01:08 AM   

I still have problems with the in game App-store!

It is always offline? This is the case since version 1.2 was released, i have installed version 1.4 (The current one) uninstalled it and reinstalled it. But it still always says it's offline.

The result is that i can't download my previously bought items (songs and song packs)!

I can't download any new song packs etc!

I have tried doing it over the wifi and 3G connection but it always says Offline in version 1.4?

I have a 32GB iphone 3GS, running iOS 4.1

And i'm located in Sweden!

How and what am i supposed to do to get it working?

Response (Activision Support) 09/29/2010 08:54 AM    

Hello Johan,

We have removed the game from the App Store until we resolve the issues with GameCenter. We apologize for the frustration and hope to have this issue resolved shortly.

Thank you for your patience Johan.

Customer (Me) 09/29/2010 02:22 AM   

Hi,

I was adviced to reinstall the game when the first "Game Center" problems did occur! So i did!

The result was that i did loose all my game progress and content that i downloaded from the ingame store!

The problem right now and for more than a week is that i now can't redownload the content (songs / song packs) i already bought as the ingame store has been offline for more than a week!?

How am i supposed to be able to redownload them and when can i do it? It's not working!

The guitar hero game is even no longer available for download in the App store?

What is happening, how am i supposed to get this running again?

What is the status and when can i get back my songs and song packs?

It's getting very frustrating at the moment!

Reg

Johan

Response (Activision Support) 09/22/2010 11:21 AM    

Hello Johan,

We are currently looking into this issueand hope to have a solution available shortly.

Customer (Me) 09/22/2010 11:07 AM    

Is it a problem with the Guitar Hero game?

It did stop working after the updated version was downloaded!

How do i get My inapp purchased songs back, when i can't connect to the ingame store any longer?

Why does the new updated version complain about that it dosent work with the Game Center?

I expect that you investigate it and gets back with an answer!

Or remove the latest version (app) of the game, as it dosen't work.

Response (Activision Support) 09/22/2010 04:01 AM    

Hello,

We do not handle the servers. The servers are run by Apple.

You will need to contact Apple and report the issue you are experiencing.

Also, to redownload your items please visit the following page http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519 if you are still having issues after following these steps, you will have to contact Apple.

Customer (Me) 09/22/2010 03:45 AM   

So now i did remove it and download install it again!

Still complaining about Game Center when it starts.

After uninstalling and reinstalling it i now get a really bad problem!

- "All my previous bought songs are gone!"

- "All my previous stats are gone!"

If i try to download/restore my previous song packs it says "No purchased content?

What shall i do now? Is there a server problem on your side or what?

If i do open the store it says loading for a long long long time...

If i select the "Manager" and wants to restore it says "You must verify your iTunes account to see previous purchases" i do select the "Check inventory" button, then i have to enter my iTunes password. And it now says i don't have any purchased content??? (I can't get other songs or songpacks to be shown in the app either..)

Please advice what to do?!?!

Response (Activision Support) 09/22/2010 03:04 AM    

Hello,

Please remove the application and then reinstall.

This usually solves most issues with the game.

Customer (Me) 09/22/2010 02:59 AM    

After the upgrade yesterday GuitarHero on the iPhone 3GS have problems!

The app complains about it's not recognized by GameCenter!

It also seems to have problems connecting to the servers! (Online)

What to do? How do i get access to songs online etc??

Wzrd0803

Response (Dov Carson) 10/12/2010 09:35 AM 

I understand and we do in fact make sure that the appropriate parties are aware of the community forums as well. This matter will continue to be looked into and I will forward this information that you have provided to the appropriate parties as well for further review.

Until then, the work around (or "generic steps") have reportedly worked for some users who have reported this issue. Obviously it is not global otherwise it would affect every single user which I can assure you is not the case.

As stated before, I will forward your update and information to the appropriate parties and we will continue to look into the matter from our end.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we do thank you for your patience.

Stand by..

** Do not worry, if your incident gets set to solved, your incident automatically gets set to a "solved" status after 96 hours. You can respond to this incident at anytime by logging into your "My Stuff" account on our support site. Whenever you add new information we will be alerted and we can continue to help.

Customer 10/11/2010 08:13 PM 

I have already done these "generic" steps with version 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 AND 1.4 and my problem is still not resolved. If you read the Guitar Hero iPhone community forum, I am not the only one having this problem. Lots of people have done those "generic" steps and are still having the same problem as me. I was able to connect to the store once and download a track pack after I did the "generic" steps. After that, it will not connect to the store anymore. So, if I have to keep losing my achievements everytime I want to download a new track pack because I need to do the "generic" steps over and over again, thats screwed up.

Response (Dov Carson) 10/11/2010 03:25 PM 

I understand your frustration as well as interpretation that this is a generic response. However we've looked into this matter and at this time the only way to resolve at this time is to delete the app and save file from both the device and computer/iTunes.

If you removed the app but did not delete, or deleted from computer but not the app, then it will not work.

I apologize if it comes off as "generic" however if followed step by step at this time, it is the only available work around. Because of an update that have been released, if you had tried this process prior to the most recent, it would not have worked. Which is why I can understand your criticism at this point, however now that the most recent update has been released, performing these steps as indicated should resolve the problem. The down side is that you will lose all saved data and progress.

There are no updates that can resolve this matter once it occurs, and if you performed these updates through 1.4, you will need to simply do the deleting process again.

At this moment, given the information provided if you delete the app and save file per the "generic" instructions, this should resolve the problem.

Let us know how you make out.

coconutbuyer

Have you tried not swearing so much and acting a little nicer to the guy? That might help. He may work for an evil company, but he's a person too.

Wzrd0803

The previous person who was working with me was great.  Then this guy takes over, doesn't read what was previously in my case log and proceeds to tell me to do these "generic steps" which I already did previously with the other tech.  WHO, btw, already had that information in my case log.  Which means that this new person didn't even bother to read the previous notes.  Pissed me off!

GuitarHeroNews

I just wanted to let you know that I saw this and have sent it on to Customer Service to investigate. 

Are you still having problems?  I've seen other users saying they couldn't connect, but I had a colleague try earlier who had no problems with the app or playing the game.  Please let me know.

Wzrd0803

I was only able to connect to the store once and download a track pack the first time I did a clean install of 1.4.  After playing for awhile and exiting, I was never able to connect to the store again.  All previous clean installs of 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 never let me connect to the store at all.

johsm

Same problem for me!

Has not been working since version 1.2 was released, something is not working here...

"Store is always offline" you can't redownload your earlier bought items or new one's

It dosen't matter if you do uninstall the app and install it again....

I have had a support ticket on this for a long time, asked for feedback but gets nothing back?

I have opåened another ticket to get support on the first one! But the only response back on that one is that

there is some one else looking in to the problem, still no feedback!

So is there any dedicated TS available or responsible mgr that you could send an email to maybe?!?

/J

square

Same problem here:

- Updated to 1.4

- Save File got corrupted

- Since then I haven't been able to connect to Store etc.

- Tried to reinstall app (via Computer & AppStore on iPhone)

- Also tried to reinstall a previous version i found in my Recycle Bin but it didn't make any difference

- Factory Reset didn't make any difference either: Both setup with my iPhone Backup and setup "As A New Phone" didn't work (with GH v1.1 and v1.4)

It's a shame I can't even redownload my already purchased DLC... Hope this issue gets fixed!

Wzrd0803

Hello?  Bueller? (Guitarheronews)Bueller? (Guitarheronews)

You said you sent this on but haven't heard anything?  Is ANYONE at Activision trying to resolve this problem?

GuitarHeroNews

wzrd wrote:

Hello?  Bueller? (Guitarheronews)Bueller? (Guitarheronews)

You said you sent this on but haven't heard anything?  Is ANYONE at Activision trying to resolve this problem?

YES!  What I got just a bit ago: They're aware of the issue, are actively working on it, and hope to have another update soon.

I don't know how long it'll be, but I promise I'll post it as soon as I get it.  I know it's hard to be patient, but I appreciate it.

ahstuzl3030

Very Good!! I think

aaaa1234

**** activision that's all I have to say

danial662666

I just love your[url=http://www.thescops.com/:3h0vpjdk]ORACLE Training forum.Thanks  for posting it.[url=http://www.freelegalcounselling.com/legal-documents/:3h0vpjdk]Police Character Certificate  it have PHP developer something that someone comeback again… .there is a lot of useful information a person can get from here…I must say,well done.AJANG Jobs Ads good  forum with great discussion and a good users,whichDoctors contribute in the forum