39 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2012 3:35 AM by lowflyer1951 RSS

Best Tour Groups Ever!

TheOogyBoogyMan

The Tour Groups have suffered many blows over the years and most will never recover 

But don't count them out! Tour Groups are still the only reason many people come here and here is where we can tell their story 

What Tour Groups have YOU been in?

Which is your favorite and why??

• Re: Best Tour Groups Ever!
    saiyanshredder

I'm the leader of The Beauty of Creation, and while I haven't really checked up on it as of late, it HAS stretched into the top 30 tour groups on the website! I have all the current members to thank for that. :3

Sirbanana

I am in Mechanical mayhem and it's my favorite tour group because TOGA TOGA

TheOogyBoogyMan

Well now I just feel like a TG whore

The first TG I was in is called Deadheadz. It was the reason I started being active in GHC and all the friends I've made there have been great except for the leader. He, Deadheadz64, was at the very least, weird. He was nice to us but he had some sort fo connection with trolls who used to ask everyone their age and tried to have sexual conversations with people via PM. Every time Deadheadz64 made an appearance things would just so happen get weird with GHC in general.

I left there and join Guitarthritis with a few friends who had problems with the Nascar TG. These friends soon fought among themselves and I joined Far Beyond Driven in the end. It may be childish but I think I harbored some resentment for those members who couldn't stick together and be friends when I got along with them all.

Far Beyond Driven was fun; tons of nice active people, difficulty specific tourneys, groupie grabber competitions, banner making contest, etc.  but soon half the members left and we started Damage Inc.

Out of all of them, Damage Inc. has been the best for me. I've gotten close to great people and although nothing much is happening now, I've had all the great experiences I've felt with the other TGs.... I think we're like #15th or something like that and we obtained that after only two months of existence.

I've been in a few. I was originally in The RockBar. Then I moved over to Sinister Spectrum. I left there to make my own TG, Doomsday Theory. In the end, I re-joined The RockBar, where I still am today.

TheOogyBoogyMan

The Rockbar has always seemed to be a pretty decent place. If I wanted to float around I would definitely check them out or World of Heros... or iC, they're cool.

Edit after post: You would want to advertise in another section, Nwiede... and I'd go with a different pitch 

nwiede

i used to belong to a tour group that closed this one will replace it. if your tour group has been dropped join this one.

Yeah, it was cool, but after the site change it just died. The only members who were even remotely active after the site change were me, Pacman, SolariStar, and barcode (the leader).

Soon after becoming a member I was invited to join YoYoGuy's TG, PlayToWin. It's the only TG and i've been a part of, ranked in the top 50 of the site and it was a bit sad that there was only like 4 or 5 remotely active members (including me) in it.

mbodude39

First, in '08, I was in Wii Rockers, just because you know, I was the new guy and I didn't care to investigate any.

Then at some point I was asked to be some kind of leader for World of Heroes, which turned out to be in name only.

Recently I left out of boredom to join Mechanical Mayhem, but that private forum is kinda dead. Maybe I'll join Saiyan's.

jovvster

OBM, that is a crazy story! Thanks for sharing

btw- what ever happened to Wii rockers? is they still around?

jovvster

typo.."are" they still around

Yes, they're still here. Most TGs are still around.

I was in the Rock Babes when I first got to this website. They were cool, but the leader of the group had limited internet access so I decided to leave. Eventually I joined Damage Inc and I met some cool people. Damage Inc represent, woo! 

mistresspandora101

paige5999 wrote:

I was in the Rock Babes when I first got to this website. They were cool, but the leader of the group had limited internet access so I decided to leave. Eventually I joined Damage Inc and I met some cool people. Damage Inc represent, woo! 

Hahaha! I couldn't join in that tour group so I gave it away to some other people who would like to join The Damage Inc.

identity Crisis has to be the best....still rocking and recording scores...... 

vsavio

TheOogyBoogyMan wrote:

Well now I just feel like a TG whore

The first TG I was in is called Deadheadz. It was the reason I started being active in GHC and all the friends I've made there have been great except for the leader. He, Deadheadz64, was at the very least, weird. He was nice to us but he had some sort fo connection with trolls who used to ask everyone their age and tried to have sexual conversations with people via PM. Every time Deadheadz64 made an appearance things would just so happen get weird with GHC in general.

I left there and join Guitarthritis with a few friends who had problems with the Nascar TG. These friends soon fought among themselves and I joined Far Beyond Driven in the end. It may be childish but I think I harbored some resentment for those members who couldn't stick together and be friends when I got along with them all.

Far Beyond Driven was fun; tons of nice active people, difficulty specific tourneys, groupie grabber competitions, banner making contest, etc.  but soon half the members left and we started Damage Inc.

Out of all of them, Damage Inc. has been the best for me. I've gotten close to great people and although nothing much is happening now, I've had all the great experiences I've felt with the other TGs.... I think we're like #15th or something like that and we obtained that after only two months of existence.

Bizarre! Whatever happened to Deadheadz and Deadheadz64?

mbodude39 wrote:

First, in '08, I was in Wii Rockers, just because you know, I was the new guy and I didn't care to investigate any.

Then at some point I was asked to be some kind of leader for World of Heroes, which turned out to be in name only.

Recently I left out of boredom to join Mechanical Mayhem, but that private forum is kinda dead. Maybe I'll join Saiyan's.

because the site is pretty dead so we hang out in the chatroom, which is usually packed on weekends (still, suprising I know)

its much easier then clicking submit and waiting minutes/hours for people to answer which is where the site is now...

http://xat.com/MechanicalMayhem

(really anyone can go there, just members get owner'd, usually theres people from 3pm est to... like midnightish)

anyway... tour groups Ive been in...

well I started one when I joined that lasted like 12 hours, abandoned that and joined Mario All Stars, which was the most active group at the time, literally if you posted there would be another post seconds later, kind of like how OT was years ago

then I left that after randomly clicking on tg pages and found sykwidit inc which was cool for awhile, after about a month I went back to MAS

the like a year later the activity of the site died with the WT makeover, most members did not return, others only were in contact through youtube

so I made my own TG, round 2

after 6 months I got nowhere, people joined but nobody stayed active, so I had to change my plans, I made mechanical mayhems chatroom, if I didnt do this today nobody would be left in the group, finally I got some active members, then more and more and more, then I got lazy and was satisfied with the people I had and then the site bombed entirely

I recruited a bit in january, then accounts stopped linking, meaning no new members for the chat

its impossible to run a tour group on this site anymore, you must do it externally or it will crash and burn to the ground

overall, MAS was the best group I was in, good times

TheOogyBoogyMan

vsavio wrote:

Well Deadheadz was never very big but it's still there. The reason I gave up on Guitarthritist ultimately was because the active members of Deadheadz kept sending me PM's saying they missed me and stuff and the leader of Guitarthritist wouldn't let them join. So since Guitarthritist was fighting amongst themselves I thought I'd find a nice place for my friends and found Far Beyond Driven. Two of them are still there and the other two came with me to Damage Inc.

Deadheadz64 eventually got himself banned. He claimed that the troll who used to ask people their age to "have fun" via PM would often talk to him and then one day stole his account and got it banned. I of course think he was the troll and what happened was the Agoras got tired of his **** and just IP banned him and he lost all his accounts.

The reason I think this is because GHC was a different place then than it is now. When you were here everyday you knew hundreds of people and even when we argued it was fun simply because of how active it was. Now Deadheadz64 on the other hand wasn't very active but the very moment he'd pop his head into our TG to say hello, about once every 3 months, all of the sudden we have a creep trying to get all touchy touchy with everyone.... this was well before the WT flood and everyone started freakin' out about "noobs" and "vets". Once that happened, everyone who felt they were important started trolling like madmen but not quite the way Deadheadz64 was doing it.

Jeremy Winston

I don't know about the 'best' TGs, but I think Kudos should go to any group that's remained active with a vibrant user base, especially after the TG system was neutered by the site 'upgrades.'

I do miss the competitive atmosphere they provided in their heyday, and miss the local presense of RD, NiN, and others.

I'll be curious to know how many of those TGs continue to stay around and even migrate to new games and activities.

vsavio

TheOogyBoogyMan wrote:

vsavio wrote:

Well Deadheadz was never very big but it's still there. The reason I gave up on Guitarthritist ultimately was because the active members of Deadheadz kept sending me PM's saying they missed me and stuff and the leader of Guitarthritist wouldn't let them join. So since Guitarthritist was fighting amongst themselves I thought I'd find a nice place for my friends and found Far Beyond Driven. Two of them are still there and the other two came with me to Damage Inc.

Deadheadz64 eventually got himself banned. He claimed that the troll who used to ask people their age to "have fun" via PM would often talk to him and then one day stole his account and got it banned. I of course think he was the troll and what happened was the Agoras got tired of his **** and just IP banned him and he lost all his accounts.

The reason I think this is because GHC was a different place then than it is now. When you were here everyday you knew hundreds of people and even when we argued it was fun simply because of how active it was. Now Deadheadz64 on the other hand wasn't very active but the very moment he'd pop his head into our TG to say hello, about once every 3 months, all of the sudden we have a creep trying to get all touchy touchy with everyone.... this was well before the WT flood and everyone started freakin' out about "noobs" and "vets". Once that happened, everyone who felt they were important started trolling like madmen but not quite the way Deadheadz64 was doing it.

That's fascinating and messed up at the same time  :shock:

It sounds like Deadheadz64 and the "troll" was one in the same. Gosh, I feel like I missed the party having only gotten back into GH in January and discovering the community, playing WoR.

vsavio

Kazoo wrote:

I don't know about the 'best' TGs, but I think Kudos should go to any group that's remained active with a vibrant user base, especially after the TG system was neutered by the site 'upgrades.'

I do miss the competitive atmosphere they provided in their heyday, and miss the local presense of RD, NiN, and others.

I'll be curious to know how many of those TGs continue to stay around and even migrate to new games and activities.

Kaz, as I stated in my previous email, I feel like I'm late to the party...kind of like going to Rome and visiting the Colosseum    This place seemed like a game-centric pre-Facebook social networking mechanism that was really rocking in times past...

Kudos to you for keeping the TG's alive with GHS, seems like there's a variety of players still identify themselves with TG memberships competing in the tourneys, raising their TG stats.

I'm also curious what new games/genres GH players have migrated to, that provide the level of replay value GH has and complemented with social networking aspects.

jovvster

"some people" were too busy playing HALO and reaching certain ranks

vsavio

jovvster wrote:

"some people" were too busy playing HALO and reaching certain ranks

Hey!! How are u Jovvster? You were off playing Resident Evil, and missed the GH TG heyday also!

By the way, are you still in the Old and in the Way TG?

metallicflames

Mechanical Mayhem is teh best tour group ever! I think we're in the top 5. Maybe higher.

@ Shark, why would you tell them that?

Moon3NL

The only TG I've been in (and still are, Rank 12, w00t! xD) was Around The Globe (ATG), first with DOIT as leader, who was a great friend I could always talk with. Then in January 2009 there started to be more competition so one of our friend TG's The Vehement decided to merge with us. Then DJAZZDOIT became leader (double account, Djjazz was the leader of The Vehement), and after a while I became leader because they were both busy and didn't have much time. We always had lots of tourgroup private tournaments like Groupie Round Ups and High score tournaments and we had also some bands within the TG. The forums were really active and our site and chat were too. Met some of the greatest people there, and still talk to some of them a lot. If I hadn't been in ATG/TV I had probably left this site already, but now I still keep coming back to bump the TG recruitment thread, not that it really matters, but me and some members that are still active outside the GHC still believe in ATG/TV, we still feel part of it and I think that is great.

I'll never forget the great times I've had, and thank DOIT and Djjazz for being great friends and leaders 

And I absolutely loved the times we had in the TG recruitment thread and the TG threads of friend TG's haha, we could just have whole conversations there and it was just awesome ^^

Frank73300

i have been in a few,and had my own at 1 point.My first was woh and ophi and the ppl there are great.I am currently in iDENTiTY CRiSiS and i am very happy to be there,the vast majority of players still play and are active and interact with each other.And hiya Moon ATG is awesome also you were always friends of mine and bobz.

But whether this site is here today gone tomorrow the groups that have the core will push through it and hub or no hub will stop it.

charleszxc

World of Heros is the best i think its rank 2

Moon3NL

Frank73300 wrote:

i have been in a few,and had my own at 1 point.My first was woh and ophi and the ppl there are great.I am currently in iDENTiTY CRiSiS and i am very happy to be there,the vast majority of players still play and are active and interact with each other.And hiya Moon ATG is awesome also you were always friends of mine and bobz.

But whether this site is here today gone tomorrow the groups that have the core will push through it and hub or no hub will stop it.

Hey Frank! You and Bob have always been very good friends of mine, glad to see you here again (:

And I agree, a real Tour Group who has still the power to go on doesn't need this site. But I'd like it if it'd stay, just because it's been here for so long and I'm so used to going here it'd still be really sad if it'd be gone. Met my best friends here, can't live without them, but of course site or no site, the memories will remain (:

Someone should figure out a way to get all the active tour groups together and create some way of doing tour group tussles again?  

duramiges

Moon3NL wrote:

The only TG I've been in (and still are, Rank 12, w00t! xD) was Around The Globe (ATG), first with DOIT as leader, who was a great friend I could always talk with. Then in January 2009 there started to be more competition so one of our friend TG's The Vehement decided to merge with us. Then DJAZZDOIT became leader (double account, Djjazz was the leader of The Vehement), and after a while I became leader because they were both busy and didn't have much time. We always had lots of tourgroup private tournaments like Groupie Round Ups and High score tournaments and we had also some bands within the TG. The forums were really active and our site and chat were too. Met some of the greatest people there, and still talk to some of them a lot. If I hadn't been in ATG/TV I had probably left this site already, but now I still keep coming back to bump the TG recruitment thread, not that it really matters, but me and some members that are still active outside the GHC still believe in ATG/TV, we still feel part of it and I think that is great.

I'll never forget the great times I've had, and thank DOIT and Djjazz for being great friends and leaders 

And I absolutely loved the times we had in the TG recruitment thread and the TG threads of friend TG's haha, we could just have whole conversations there and it was just awesome ^^

I have also been in a few TG's (even made up my own) but ATG is where I felt at home.

luigistell

ive been here since the site stared and ive been not in a group ever in my time period ive been here intel the site changed to this and then i was invited to MechanicalMayhem and thats how i meet my best friend lorraine and other great pepole so i never been in any other group intel now plus i think were #5 on the list so im part of the allmost bigest group ever

xX666Xx

I've been in The RockBar ever since I joined GHC. However, no one has posted on the TG since December 2010. 

TheOogyBoogyMan

xX666Xx wrote:

I've been in The RockBar ever since I joined GHC. However, no one has posted on the TG since December 2010. 

Now thats just depressing. I commend you for sticking with them thru thick and thin tho \m/

Bbforky

Been in Mechanical Mayhem ever since. Known some of these guys for 2 and a half years now, they have become really close friends of mine. Still talk to em everyday, and our chatroom is active more than ever. Never will forget most of the things that have happened with this TG.

aaaa1234

I was in TheFlamingFrets for a long ass time someone hacked noobhunter and ****** it over so now im in snow shredders that was a long ass time ago holy ****

Lorraine2506

Well...i was in wii rockers for like a day xD Then i joined Damage Inc...best group evaaaarrr!!!I met a bunch of cool people and got to play with some realllyyyy good players haha i still remember most of the things that happened back then haha then i joined mechanical mayhem which is a pretty cool group too but i think i got along better with the members of damage inc xD but yeahhh I Damage Inc.!

ATG/TheVehment made me feel special and part of something :3 i felt safe and welcomed when i joined, and they're all really nice peoplez =3

I originally joined NASCAR Rockers,don't even think i got approved before i was invited by GHDarkwing to join iDENTiTY CRiSiS,where i have been ever since.Cool people that still rock and have a great forum where you can discus all manner of things GH related or not.If you are new to the world of GH,looking to join/swap TG's then you could do worse but not much better (IMO) than join iDENTiTY CRiSiS.

lowflyer1951

Hi, All

Not sure we can claim to be the best but would like to think our members think so.

We are a very small group and always have been. Yet we have been very popular with other groups and doing Tourneys and stuff. Always game for any Comps and entering anything and everything going.

shame the site has ended up like this but hey that's life I'm afraid.

Also would like to say a big HELLO to you all that are back here.

Whoops all most forgot we are The Nomads Tour group