33 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 8:21 AM by IGhostBravoI RSS

Dont Like It, Dont Play It

So yeah just a bit bored of people always wanting to change the game with things like. . . .  "Change the killcams, i dont like how much info they give out" - they have always been the same they're not going to change it because it makes you cry. Its not like when you get killed you shut your eyes so you dont see what they're packing.

You wouldnt buy a car if you didnt like the interior.

You know what your getting when you buy it, and as far as im concerned the are a bazillion other fps games out there that will cater to your handicapped way of let me win let me win!

Take this as your chance to be abusive and tell me my opinion is wrong . . . . ready . . .  set  . . . . . GO!

• Re: Dont Like It, Dont Play It
    SirMaXx

I agree mate its really tiresome the level of complainers on this forum

coltfirearms

They like the game, but don't like one thing. I would buy a car and I could say that I don't like how the AC button is to the left of volume control on the radio. Anyone can say whatever it is they don't like about something.

A lot of people can buy a car because of a million things they like and the one thing they don't like is still there. They have every right to say they don't like it.

Yeah, but thats being selfish. Nothing is perfect. When you buy a video game you should always assume there are gonna be a few things wrong with it. Same would go for the car analogy. People need to look at the positives, and what they like about the game, rather than dwelling on the sh*t they dont like or "wish" the developers would fix. I guess everyones just too spoiled these days....

coltfirearms

iGotBombKush wrote:

Yeah, but thats being selfish. Nothing is perfect. When you buy a video game you should always assume there are gonna be a few things wrong with it. Same would go for the car analogy. People need to look at the positives, and what they like about the game, rather than dwelling on the sh*t they dont like or "wish" the developers would fix. I guess everyones just too spoiled these days....

Oh yeah, no doubt there is no such thing as a perfect video game. But you have to look at MW3 and you can tell there are MAJOR problems with the game. Yes I always say they should remove deathstreaks, but that isn't a major problem. The connection issues with the game are major problems. It is something that they need to address and do it fast. They are pissing off a lot of people, which is exactly what you don't want to do when these people pay your bills and feed your family.

The connection issues have always been present its not like they just cropped up in MW3, thats what you let yourself in for when you play a game thats marketed to the whole world , would you rather have a choice of playing millions of different and diverse people with a few bugs or play the same 11 guys that live in your street over and over again with a good connection and no variety??

coltfirearms

IGhostBravoI wrote:

The connection issues have always been present its not like they just cropped up in MW3, thats what you let yourself in for when you play a game thats marketed to the whole world , would you rather have a choice of playing millions of different and diverse people with a few bugs or play the same 11 guys that live in your street over and over again with a good connection and no variety??

I never said lag appeared in MW3. I would rather play with the millions of people in my tri state area then play with people all over the world if that would eliminate lag. Why would you use such an extreme example as on the same street. Millions of people all over the world is no excuse. I don't own an Xbox, but when I play Halo there isn't even half as much lag as COD and there are just as many players.

Well when i play halo there is just about the same , my connection doesnt change neither do the people i play against , what do you play on then?

coltfirearms

IGhostBravoI wrote:

Well when i play halo there is just about the same , my connection doesnt change neither do the people i play against , what do you play on then?

I play on PS3 and the lag compensation is a problem. Everyone else recoginzes that, so I don't see why you don't understand it is a major problem. If you have lag on Halo and COD then it is definitely your internet. I don't know a lot about how systems and online play react with each other, but I do know that lag compensation is a recognized problem.

starbuckfrack

coltfirearms wrote:

They like the game, but don't like one thing. I would buy a car and I could say that I don't like how the AC button is to the left of volume control on the radio. Anyone can say whatever it is they don't like about something.

A lot of people can buy a car because of a million things they like and the one thing they don't like is still there. They have every right to say they don't like it.

They have a right to make a suggestion or an opinion.

But they dont have a right to cry , or to demand instant justice just because the car they bought has the knob on the wrong side.

Besides, this isnt an automobile. This is a game with a license agreement.

You dont OWN the game, you have a right to borrow it. This would be more along the lines of a RENTAL car.

This game that you "purchased" states it will not be bug free.

This game has an online lifespan determined by Activision and be cancelled at any time.

You have no rights to modify this game as you wish.

Whats really stupid is that people will still come here 7 months later demanding the game be "fixed".

What they dont think about is IWs telemetry doesnt have this come up as an issue so that is why they dont fix it. People dont think that everyone in IWs decision making has to come into account. If 1 percent of the people have a problem well then that one percent can either go play another game or just waste their breathe complaining.

Its been said that no matter WHAT they do there is always going to be people complaining.

People complain about others glitching and blame the devs when they should be blaming the people that cheat.

This game was never gauranteed to be bug free. Thats what it comes down to and people just will never see that.

No one will ever see IW say

"People are complaining about lag issues."

"Is it enough to hurt future sales ?"

"No"

"Then it doesnt exist or is part of online gaming".

Then what they will tell you at the beginning is that its all in your heads. A few months later to increase sales they will tell you they are working on it.

I ageee with adult discussions about things people dont like. as long as they are ADULT discussions. What bugs the hell out of me is when people come in here crying they got killed and want IW to fix the game. Or they blame hackers or rapid fire controllers or lag, or how they shouldnt get killed because they have "better internet".

Dont even get me started on the "hackers rampant in this game" because they saw a youtube vid.

coltfirearms

starbuckfrack wrote:

coltfirearms wrote:

They have a right to make a suggestion or an opinion.

But they dont have a right to cry , or to demand instant justice just because the car they bought has the knob on the wrong side.

Besides, this isnt an automobile. This is a game with a license agreement.

You dont OWN the game, you have a right to borrow it. This would be more along the lines of a RENTAL car.

This game that you "purchased" states it will not be bug free.

This game has an online lifespan determined by Activision and be cancelled at any time.

You have no rights to modify this game as you wish.

Whats really stupid is that people will still come here 7 months later demanding the game be "fixed".

What they dont think about is IWs telemetry doesnt have this come up as an issue so that is why they dont fix it. People dont think that everyone in IWs decision making has to come into account. If 1 percent of the people have a problem well then that one percent can either go play another game or just waste their breathe complaining.

Its been said that no matter WHAT they do there is always going to be people complaining.

People complain about others glitching and blame the devs when they should be blaming the people that cheat.

This game was never gauranteed to be bug free. Thats what it comes down to and people just will never see that.

No one will ever see IW say

"People are complaining about lag issues."

"Is it enough to hurt future sales ?"

"No"

"Then it doesnt exist or is part of online gaming".

Then what they will tell you at the beginning is that its all in your heads. A few months later to increase sales they will tell you they are working on it.

I ageee with adult discussions about things people dont like. as long as they are ADULT discussions. What bugs the hell out of me is when people come in here crying they got killed and want IW to fix the game. Or they blame hackers or rapid fire controllers or lag, or how they shouldnt get killed because they have "better internet".

Dont even get me started on the "hackers rampant in this game" because they saw a youtube vid.

I agree with you on the crying and whining about everything. I also hate it when people come and demand crap like IW owes them something. I was only saying that people can express their opinons, and it isn't necessary for him to come and say what he said. I didn't come up with the car analogy the OP did.

The OP said this: "a bazillion other fps games out there that will cater to your handicapped way of let me win let me win"

Which does not describe the way everyone approaches a complaint or suggestion to the game.

Now that I read it again if anything MW3 caters to that exact sentence with deathstreaks. It is a handicap to give out free kills.

Dont like the complaints? Don't read them.

redx165

How about this. Fix the lag so everyone has a fair shot against one another.

~THE NOOB KILLER

Agreed i have 120mbps broadband with a ping of 4ms and i lag allllll the time , but hey you just have to get on with it.

I just dont like the fact that i need to play against 'chico from cuba with his 2 and a half minutes ping' <<< maybe a bit unrealistic but if definatley getting that way

starbuckfrack

IGhostBravoI wrote:

Agreed i have 120mbps broadband with a ping of 4ms and i lag allllll the time , but hey you just have to get on with it.

I just dont like the fact that i need to play against 'chico from cuba with his 2 and a half minutes ping' <<< maybe a bit unrealistic but if definatley getting that way

Like you really have 4 ms ping constantly. Your PC ping and your Xbox ping are seperate animals.

Thisis the high and mighty stuff right here that brings this forum down.

did you ever try once AVOIDING Chico ? No of course not, you want the devs to do the work for you.

JSlayer211

So this thread boils down to "OMG I'm sick of people posting suggestions on how to improve the game so that it is even greater!"

If it were up to you, we would still be driving Model T's or even on horseback. If anything we need more forward thinkers, not those succeeding on game glitches and handicaps that should have never been in the game anyway.

Waste of space.

This thread boils down to my opinion and im all about progression within the game but as mentioned when it comes down to changing things that have been in cod since cod4 it aint gonna happen.

The 2nd point you made seems to me you believe if you dont want to change the game your a glitcher and use handicaps to succeed when lets be honest mate, thats just stupid. I personally dont want to change the game im 20th prestige and have gotten along fine so i dont see what everyone elses problem is.

And its not a waste of space, its my opinion, its valid and i will write what i want ah kay pumpkin

starbuckfrack

JSlayer211 wrote:

So this thread boils down to "OMG I'm sick of people posting suggestions on how to improve the game so that it is even greater!"

If it were up to you, we would still be driving Model T's or even on horseback. If anything we need more forward thinkers, not those succeeding on game glitches and handicaps that should have never been in the game anyway.

Waste of space.

Why bring the glitchers into this ? Its not the devs fault they glitch.

So you gonna blame the cops because people speed ?

I only play cod4 and mw2 now.

I actually love mw3 but hate the a lot of people playing it (corner campers mainly).

nicedrewishfela

Not going to tell you your opinion is wrong, its your opinion and you are entitled to it.

The purpose of Forums, however, is to discuss the game. It gives people who are passionate about the game a place to share ideas, pose questions, and, yes, complain about things they don't particularly like about the game.

I am of the same mindset, I don't like reading complaints. I do, however, enjoy spirited discussions about the merits and shortcomings of the game. I do enjoy the idea sharing and creativity of some of the posters.

While we may not be able to provoke change on this unfortunately broken title, we may inspire some ideas for future entries, and the Devs get a sense of the community's mood and opinions.

The great thing about the Forums is that you really get to see varied opinions. You get people who hate camping, then you get campers who defend their playstyle. You get people who hate certain weapons or perks, then you get others who adamantly insist that people should be allowed to use whatever set up they like.

The great thing about a Forum is you have the chance to make your voice heard. You have the right to agree and disagree. You also have the right to choose to ignore posts that bore you or that you find too much of a complaint thread. If everything was sunshine and roses, there would be no need for a Forum.

There is no change of opinion, no variety on the forum. its just the same people moaning about the same things they have been moaning about since the game was released.

You know, I think there's many things wrong with this game. I don't like it, and I don't play it. But I think it did have potential to be a much better game.

COD is rapidly declining in quality, I think sales are going to begin to fall from Black Ops 2 onwards.

starbuckfrack

Chairman Meow wrote:

You know, I think there's many things wrong with this game. I don't like it, and I don't play it. But I think it did have potential to be a much better game.

COD is rapidly declining in quality, I think sales are going to begin to fall from Black Ops 2 onwards.

Ummm, you may want to check your stats there buddy. Last three games went up in first day sales by 20 percent and each one so far broke records.

BO2s first day pre-orders were 33 percent higher than MW3s first day pre-orders. MW3s first day sales were still 20 percent higher even when BF3 was out before MW3. (Even though BF3 to me seems to be a contender now since BF3 sales were up by 2.5 million more customers just like MW3s rise in customers)

More people will buy the next one and the one after that. history is showing us that already.

My opinion why ? They hate the present game and hope Superman will come to the rescue on the next one.

thing is this is the same thing over and over and over as well. This is just the same "dont like it dont play it" topic that keeps repeating itself as well.

Dont think sales will ever fall for cod. People will continue to buy it hoping the things they've been moaning about for years will have been addressed , but the harsh reality is . . . the game makers dont actually care what you think lol.

personally id be happy if they scrapped BOPS2 and just released another 20 prestiges on here

coltfirearms

IGhostBravoI wrote:

Dont think sales will ever fall for cod. People will continue to buy it hoping the things they've been moaning about for years will have been addressed , but the harsh reality is . . . the game makers dont actually care what you think lol.

personally id be happy if they scrapped BOPS2 and just released another 20 prestiges on here

I would be happy if they scrapped BLOPS2 as well. I would rather see them fix the multiplayer in this game. Treyarc and IW should work closer together for a title every other year opposed to this every year system, but Activision wants their pockets lined so that will never happen.

xblbw

If the developers took this attitude, the game would not be as good or successful as it is.

Even now it is easy to find evidence (on Twitter etc.) that they are trying to make improvements.

trialstardragon

Hmm a complainer complaing about complainers.. Such a novel thing that never is seen here...

@ghostbravo

Im thinking your a benifactor of all the **** thats in this game, just because you dont suffer its fine to gripe about those of us that do.

It does make me chuckle............

And this very post I would say is a "somebody crying" post. lol.

To all you COD nuts out there that regrettably accept this game has died an un-gloreous death, go check out Medal of Honour multiplayer.

It could be the new future for us.

Im not a benefactor of the S*** it just doesnt bother me , was on a 22 kill streak yesterday and got killed by a dead mans switch , ruined the moab streak. Instead of crying about it i just got another one.

What annoys me is people complain that the game is flawed . . . . its not flawed , thats just the game, and it makes them sooooo angry the want to punch their own mother in the face then turn around and log 35 days play on it. brings me back to the title , dont like it dont play it

CowboySr

I dont think theres anything wrong with people that are making suggestions to change things in the game that might make it better. The problem is that people create the same threads on the same subject 400 times and do it in a manner that is more like whining and complaining that making suggestions. You hate deathstreaks, so do I. So make the first "get rid of deathstreaks" thread 500 pages long and maybe somone will notice. Dont create yet another thread on it.

On a separate note, I dont like when people ask for game balance on guns. if theres a problem with the guns like the extra pellets in shotguns, thats one thing. But to say buff this nerf that is just silly nonsense to me. Play the game the way it was built, you should want the guns to be different. When you find the gun you think is best, use it! May the best shooter win in the end.

i totally agree with the gun part , if that shotgun doesnt do enough damage use one that does , if you want to use an mk14 but its not shooting fast enough for you despite your fast trigger finger . . . . . why not try an AR. There are things to appease everyone such as hip fire spread too much?, instead of asking for it to me fixed and make its more accurate just use steady aim. but if youd prefer to use dead silence dont moan that you cant spray lol