23 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 7:40 PM by Flash7245 RSS

Where's Frank Woods? He's Alive!

Thats right. He's alive. According to a note file on the computer in the main menu lobby..

If you write down "Cat NoteX2.txt"

It says..

Mr. Mason --  Woods is alive and remains the sole remaining American guest at the Hanoi Hilton. Thought you should know.

This can lead to another Campaign mode.
  • Re: Where's Frank Woods? He's Alive!
    hybrid -x1
    Wow are you serious? Or it could possibly lead or rather hint to the a third game of the WaW/Bo series
    Awesome! Great find
    bitterbub

hybrid -x1 wrote:

Wow are you serious? Or it could possibly lead or rather hint to the a third game of the WaW/Bo series

There's already been talk of the sequel to Black Ops, for a few reasons.  A European magazine had tips that had been pointed out to them, that were heavily suggesting a direct sequel to Black Ops, and the apparent possible name was supposed to be "Black Ops 2".  Too cliche in my opinion.  Not to mention one of the intels is actually a warning to Mason, dating ten years after Black Ops ends, telling them about an agent sent to eliminate Mason.
    ye thats wierd. but that could be a trap by the cia and mi6 to kill mason as they could not trust him anymore because he could not get over th hallucination of reznov even after he killed dragovich. he was deemed "burnt" by the cia and they joint force with the british mi6. oh and so was weaver and hudson as they helped or aflliated with mason. they all hid on africa and nobody knows what happens next. (i got this of call of duty wiki and the computer in main menu). also weaver's relative survived stalin's great purge before ww2 so they used her to track them down and seducee mason and kill him.
    -Mr. Man-
    wow, all ready talking about BO 2, when MW3 just got officially released a little while ago. Man, you people need to slow down
    semperfi550
    I have known about that since the release of Bops. I even spoke about this subject in a few other threads. I hope Reznov is still alive as well 
    DudeSean

-Mr. Man- wrote:

wow, all ready talking about BO 2, when MW3 just got officially released a little while ago. Man, you people need to slow down

lol. MW3 was officially released, huh? Well, Black Ops 2 is more relevant since this is a Black Ops forum and not a Modern Warfare forum. If Frank Woods were to come back it would be in BO2, not MW3. The only person that needs to slow down is you, so you can think before you post.
    WaRMarinE

semperfi550 wrote:

I have known about that since the release of Bops. I even spoke about this subject in a few other threads. I hope Reznov is still alive as well 

Watch this 2 videos in order:

1.- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV8qMs8C4Ws&feature=related
    2.- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tkHTYg-HYc

Shitbrix!
    AnOnYmOUs324
    If they brought back Viktor Reznov I would be very pleased. If they bring him back, and make him an antagonist that would be a good plot twist. A man driven by his own philosophical ideals.

Good find OP
    CPD0123
    CONSPIRICY THEORY!!!!!!

So, is mason really Lee Harvey Oswald, or is it Reznov????

I'd say- they're tying to bring all of the COD games full circle, and have it loop from begining to end, then go back at some point, probably all the way to WWI, if not the Spanish-American War and all of the others in that time period.
    -Mr. Man-
    Wow, that would be a hard COD to play, Civil war or something, everyone has to use 1 gun
    CPD0123

-Mr. Man- wrote:

Wow, that would be a hard COD to play, Civil war or something, everyone has to use 1 gun

I was just thinking about COD: War Between The States, but thought it'd be too boring for anybody. Then, in MP, somebody would get a carbine, (probably a Henry) and just **** everybody, until he had to reload on Saturday, after shooting all week long. (Henry pun!)

It'd probably go back to somebody telling their kid about how WWI was fought through somebody's prspective, (which will probably be a COD at some point) then through WWII through Reznov or the other COD's in WWII, then the Cold War, (BO, BO2) then through the 90's-2020's, (MW's) then the kid will have learned this knowlege to fight to save humanity, either from COD Zombies, the Russians, (again) Aliens, or a massive, world-wide Civil War. (not sure how you can have a world-wide Civil War, but it's possable, probably a war between the Christian West and Muslum Middle East or just a massive schism in the fabric of all societies, ripping every single country apart)
    padiego
    I wonder if they have room service...
    wiiHDomination

CPD0123 wrote:

-Mr. Man- wrote:

I was just thinking about COD: War Between The States, but thought it'd be too boring for anybody. Then, in MP, somebody would get a carbine, (probably a Henry) and just **** everybody, until he had to reload on Saturday, after shooting all week long. (Henry pun!)

It'd probably go back to somebody telling their kid about how WWI was fought through somebody's prspective, (which will probably be a COD at some point) then through WWII through Reznov or the other COD's in WWII, then the Cold War, (BO, BO2) then through the 90's-2020's, (MW's) then the kid will have learned this knowlege to fight to save humanity, either from COD Zombies, the Russians, (again) Aliens, or a massive, world-wide Civil War. (not sure how you can have a world-wide Civil War, but it's possable, probably a war between the Christian West and Muslum Middle East or just a massive schism in the fabric of all societies, ripping every single country apart)

Every war is a civil war because all men are brothers.......

Anyway, I already knew all this stuff from the Call of Duty Wiki. You can find some crazy stuff on there! :shock:

I like how Treyarch gave us hidden hints to a sequel while Infinity Ward was pretty obvious in Modern Warfare 2.
    BO2 would be set in 1978, I bet there would be a lot of Star Wars jokes. It better extend into the 1980s..... Tear down this wall!
    CPD0123
    could end up getting slapped in the face at the end of the series to find out that this has all been the prequals to Reach...
    if im not mistaken, the map hanoi is where woods should be held at. There's obvious signs of torture and deeducation which is brainwashing.

The map hanoi is a mission to rescue woods! 
    Not exactly, as we all should know many air force pilots had their planes and or helicopters shot down in North Vietnam, had more anti-aircraft batteries surronding Hanoi than all the AA that Germany produced during World War 2, so I think they were on a mission to rescue a POW that most likely would have been a high ranking pilot with access to confidential info.  I would like to see that the theoretical BO series ends up causing the events of the MW series, that would an awesome story line.

When in doubt C4 wrote:

:^: Not exactly, as we all should know many air force pilots had their planes and or helicopters shot down in North Vietnam, had more anti-aircraft batteries surronding Hanoi than all the AA that Germany produced during World War 2, so I think they were on a mission to rescue a POW that most likely would have been a high ranking pilot with access to confidential info.  I would like to see that the theoretical BO series ends up causing the events of the MW series, that would an awesome story line.

maybe they walk there instead of using airplanes 
    -Mr. Man-
    hmmm, would love to see this stuff actually turn out this way, having like the last COD being released in like 2050.

-Mr. Man- wrote:

hmmm, would love to see this stuff actually turn out this way, having like the last COD being released in like 2050.

Probably 2079, where the deaths are real.

When in doubt C4 wrote:

:^: Not exactly, as we all should know many air force pilots had their planes and or helicopters shot down in North Vietnam, had more anti-aircraft batteries surronding Hanoi than all the AA that Germany produced during World War 2, so I think they were on a mission to rescue a POW that most likely would have been a high ranking pilot with access to confidential info.  I would like to see that the theoretical BO series ends up causing the events of the MW series, that would an awesome story line.

ye. they had acess to more technology because of the soviet union and their technology combined. but i cant blame germany. it was world war 2. old fashioned stuff and less resources because back in ww1, to make sure germany wouldnt start a new war they stripped germany almost all their resources but eventually the nazis got a hold of more resources becuase theyre ebil!!
    maybe mason could be Soap Mctavish's dad from MW1
    now that would be a twist in events  :o

umm wait im not sure if i got all the facts right but wood was born in 1930 black ops take place in 1948 i think woods was 18 and a black ops agent...ummmm