15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2011 3:57 PM by iidarkshadowoo RSS

MW3 SALES

salimreplay

Does anyone think MW3 is going to beat Black Ops' sales record?......WHY?

• MW3 SALES

Not in the begginging sales like Black Ops had, but in the long run it might.

• Re: MW3 SALES
      iidarkshadowoo

aaronfox3 wrote:

Not in the begginging sales like Black Ops had, but in the long run it might.

Yeah, the community and the online community in general becomes larger every year, so there's no reason to doubt it.

-DarkShadow0007

-4rumboys

Each CoD has beat the last so I don't see why not.

I don't think it will, because lots of people, even the writers for gameinformer, seem disapointed with it not being like black ops ("taking a step back").  Honestly though, I think it looks like it will be better then Black ops, I can't tell yet if it will be beter then MW2, the greatest COD of all time.

mralpharogue

Seeing as how every Gamestop around the world ran out of their pre-determined Hardened Edition pre-orders within a couple months, AND the fact that it has been voted the most highly anticipated game of the year, I would say it is safe to say that it will beat Black Ops.

but remeber that last year black ops didn't have competetion MW3 has BF3 and other games to go against these year so that will reflect on the sales. alot of people that bought black ops are going to buy BF3

mralpharogue

See, but this goes both ways. Because of BF3, MW3 has become more popular. People who never tried the MW3 franchise, but played the Battlefield game, are now hearing this information about a huge rival to a game they love. Why wouldn't they try it out?

I mean, that same principal is the only reason I am buying a copy of BF3.

Most of the public don't realize that competition is what makes things so popular. The fact that BlackOps didn't have competition means that it didn't have as much publicity.

(ALL publicity is good publicity. Publicity=More people hear about your game. The more people that hear, the more people there are with peaked interest in something. The more peopke with peaked interest, the more people that buy it.)

I just threw BF3 because most of the people I ask said they getting BF3. BATMAN is going to be great game which I'm getting. BO did get a lot  publicity, MW3 is just getting more because people are putting it agaist BF3. What gshooter game was out last year at the sametime as BO to give it competition?

I don't see why you would care what the final sales of MW3 is, unless your a shareholder of Vivendi, its of no real concern to you

maccabi

id be very surprised if it didnt at least equal blops, not based on the game just the hype and the name.

but realistically i can see it doing slightly worse overall than blops as alot of people were put off by mw2 and then blops, plus theres some really big games out this year to tempt peoples money. I would say that it may very well hit blops' numbers but after a much longer period

Don't worry, at the Acitivison Yearly reports, it will of solded more than Black Ops, if you look, all Call of Duty games seem to sell more than the last one, an amazing thing if you look at it

jamesafc

I think the sales will increase.. How many more 360s/PS3s have been sold since last November? I'm guessing more than 10 million. The console community is always growing.

Sure a lot of players who played previous CODs may not get MW3, but there will be a lot of new players replacing them

jamesafc

Also according to Activision:

Black Ops: 25M sold

MW2: 22M sold

“Pre-orders for Modern Warfare 3 have significantly exceeded the pre-orders for Black Ops at this time last year.”

Will be interesting to see how well it does

mralpharogue

Maybe this will shed some light on your worries.

http://deltagamer.com/12349/mw3-pre-orders-significantly-exceeded-those-of-black -ops

Edit: Make note, this was posted a month ago... So imagine how things are after another month of pre-orders.