14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2011 8:25 AM by -.xSkiTTeLs.x RSS

Is your Wii ready for MW3?

MajorStains

I apologise if this theme has been started. But have you asked yourself this question?...

"Can my Wii handle the next CoD title?"

Its been discussed on many other posts, about how much more can they fit on CoD MW3, before smoke starts to pour out of the console.

I mean, W@W was great. A few glitches here and there, but on the whole it ran smoothly.

MWR, was superb. They gave us more maps, game modes, perks etc. Still a few glitches here and there. But I could live with them.

Then came Black Ops. Wow. We asked and they gave...Zombies, voice chat, killstreaks, messaging. They did a pretty good job to deliver.

(Don't get me wrong, I was first in the queue wanting to bash 3arc for lack of the promised DLC and lack of patches/ support)

Don't forget, this is only the Wii. We know its limitations compared to the Big Dogs. But at what cost did this last title come at?

I'm part of a fantastic group of Parent gamers over at http://teammp.net/, which grew from a Wii community in the days of W@W.

And has grown to encompass PS3, Xbox360, PC/ MAC, mobile gaming, and all the consoles the future has to offer.

But there were nearly 10 members who had a Wii die on them in the early months of Black Ops. Coincidence? Maybe.

Of course they were out of warranty, and they had to pay for a fix and 1 year guarantee. Or buy a new console (in most cases HD)

So this brings me back to the question. Can your Wii handle it?

You can help on the strain that your machine will face over the coming months.

A few things you can do are:-

- always turn it off between sessions

- keep it well ventilated

- keep it dust free

- keep it away from pet hair/ heat source

- reset it after it freezes (due to a hacked lobby -get a life!)

-Keep the disc clean

Let me know what you think? Have you had the same problems? Got any other solutions?

Thanks for your time, and see you on the killing fields (If my Wii doesn't explode)

• Re: Is your Wii ready for MW3?

Sure BO brought many wii consoles to a stop, but thats just a side-effect from the community wanting the game to get like the others systems copies. I expect MW3 to do the same thing and many people to complain, but the question remains, how many of those people, whose wii breaks down and they blame Nintendo or Treyarch, wanted the game to get closer and closer to its PS360 counter-parts? I bet almost all of them did. (Me included)

So when the game starts to break down wii consoles, everyone will point fingers again, but never at the real cause, that cause you ask? US. We as gamers on the wii wanted Treyarch to push the limits, they did. And when those limits break our system, we put the blame on the people that tried to do what we said in the first place.

So when your wii breaks down because of MW3, don't blame Treyarch, IW, or Nintendo. Blame yourself for wanting more and more, and yet a lot of you know what the wii can handle, still you want more.

(Not hating on you OP, just making a point)

Non of that is the cause of wii breaking the only problem is play only 1 hour because the disk drive spins the disk so fast to render the whole map that it breaks the motor

padiego

To be honest with you, the "wiis breaking" is pretty weird. There came a time, which was around winter break, were i played my wii 24/7 trying to beat my fanboy friends to 15th prestige(which i am doing now, mostly because their xbox hit the wall....). I usually play the game for 2 hours every sessions, sometimes i have 2 sessions a day, depends on the mood i'm on, etc. So...I know people who BARELY play the game, yet their wiis exploded while mine is still running nice and smooth(well, it does sound like its in pain every time i pop black ops in ). So.....It's weird! Anyways, nice advice. You might want to put kweagle's advice in there too. Get a pineapple, a dog, a toothbrush.......

My wii broke in the same way (disk reading error) playing reflex. My wii was just over a year old. Its been fine since and I think laying it flat helps too.

padiego wrote:

To be honest with you, the "wiis breaking" is pretty weird. There came a time, which was around winter break, were i played my wii 24/7 trying to beat my fanboy friends to 15th prestige(which i am doing now, mostly because their xbox hit the wall....). I usually play the game for 2 hours every sessions, sometimes i have 2 sessions a day, depends on the mood i'm on, etc. So...I know people who BARELY play the game, yet their wiis exploded while mine is still running nice and smooth(well, it does sound like its in pain every time i pop black ops in ). So.....It's weird! Anyways, nice advice. You might want to put kweagle's advice in there too. Get a pineapple, a dog, a toothbrush.......

Nice work on resting your Wii!

Anyways, if my Wii ever go creepy when playing with the disc, I'l backup the game on my USB HDD

wajackbauer

Can't be bothered reading all this atm, but 2 suggestions when it comes to treating your Wii well.

1. Either turn off Wiiconnect24 completely or choose the option that disables it when the Wii is turned off. You probably think I don't know what I'm talking about, but its your problem if you don't listen to me.

2. Have you Wii on something slightly above the floor to avoid dust.

Oh and ye, I would think having the Wii on its side would allow less heat to escape. So having it vertical would be better imo.