1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 86 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2012 3:30 PM by Eye_Gore Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: Why not Modern Warfare 3 installing in PS3 Hard Drive?

Im all for an Install Option on Playstation 3.

But,, What I'd like to see , is Infinity Ward actually taking the time to develop FOR the Playstation 3 instead of a sub par port over from inferior hardware.

Sorry for saying it guys, and i dont want to start a flame war, but it's the truth, in fact,, its a fact.

The CELL can be used on its own and has no need for the GPU, which is what i think IW have been using, and i'll say it again, the CELL does NOT NEED the GPU,, the CELL in your PS3 is a complete monster, we know what it is capable of and with the SPEs and XDR ram, i know Mw3 could be much much better than what we will be getting ported from xbox 360.

Already on the PS3 we have games running in FULL 1080p @ a solid 60fps, xbox 360 doesn't have any titles which can do this, also, the PS3 (via update soon), will now be able to display resolutions of 4k,, something the xbox 360 hardware cannot do.

So, c'mon Infinity Ward, give the Playstation 3 hardware YOUR BEST SHOT !

and if you have any problems, just give Naughty Dog, or Guerilla a call ; )

• 71. Why not Modern Warfare 3 installing in PS3 Hard Drive?

Moving on up.

• 72. Why not Modern Warfare 3 installing in PS3 Hard Drive?
    mitchbel1996

You can't because you could just install it and then bring it back to the store and still play it

• 73. Why not Modern Warfare 3 installing in PS3 Hard Drive?

The Xbox 360 install works on the basis that the game is still in the drive, it doesn't use the disc, just makes sure it's the correct one.

• 74. Why not Modern Warfare 3 installing in PS3 Hard Drive?

I'd love this feature because I wouldn't have to worrt about broken disc drives. Sony needs to get their stuff together, and ALLOW 2-player account sign in for Multiplayer Split-Screening on Modern Warfare 3.

• 75. Re: Why not Modern Warfare 3 installing in PS3 Hard Drive?

So true.. Microsoft is messing everyone els up why? cause they know that PS3 is better than their fail Xbox. dont get me wrong im not a fan boy or anything but as far as i can see Microsoft is scared of any other systems. And the sad part is... They CONTROL THE MARKET. Why me PS3 palyer should get DLC map pacs 1 month later than Xbox? what m i gettign the for free? NO i pay money for it just like Xbox players do, Yet microsoft puts us down... all i have to say is **** Microsoft.. PS3 FOR EVER (and Mack compueters tehy can keep their fail Windows lol)

• 76. Why not Modern Warfare 3 installing in PS3 Hard Drive?

As dstr001 stated there is a security check that required you to have the disc in order to play the game.

• 77. Why not Modern Warfare 3 installing in PS3 Hard Drive?

i wish they'd give it a shot but i'm afraid they wont due to a clause that microsoft have with developers, it basicaly states that in the event that any publisher that makes any game for both ps3 and xbox, then the games have to be equal on each console at least, and with no extra features on ps3 than on xbox, and if they do release a game on both formats that performs better or has more features on ps3 then they (microsoft) will refuse the license for that game on the 360, this is the very reason publishers are choosing to make games for the xbox and then port across to the ps3,

• 79. Re: Why not Modern Warfare 3 installing in PS3 Hard Drive?

With regards to the dual login and a partial install, even if they do need Sony's permission and/or assistance I think it's unlikely the devs will actually act on it.

1) This takes time, time which was (I imagine) mostly spent on the Xbox version of the game. That is the no.1 priority, only a fool would believe otherwise. No tweets about the other platforms going gold? *checks @peteblumel on Twitter* Thought not, oh well there's still time I suppose...

2) The PS3 version having these features would mean two less advantages for the Xbox version. I doubt M$ would allow that.

A final point... if an install provides NO benefit (as Vonderhaar claimed a while back) then Robert Bowling should stop telling Xbox users to install the game for the best performance. I mean, you would think the DVD medium would benefit the least from an install because of it's higher read speed so there's no way it would benefit the slower Blu Ray format right? Robert? Glen? Umm...

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next