32 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 8:01 PM by godlytactics360 RSS

Call Of Duty Elite: Beta

I Was An Early COD Elite: Beta Tester. And I Wanted To Know If We Were Going To
Get Anything Special Or At Least Elite For Free?????!!!!!

• Call Of Duty Elite: Beta

Probably not, isn't trying it early good enough?

• Re: Call Of Duty Elite: Beta
    otisman666

The only thing that we will be getting is the ability to keep our records for any of the challenges that we entered into.  So say you won a few Gold Medals during one or two of the challenges over the last few months, you get to keep them.  At some point that is going to come into play, I assume it might even go into the ranking stats for clans or maybe a way of ranking Eltie players.

That is the only bonus we get from this.  No freebies or anything like that.  Funny thing is, a player could have been a DAY #1 Elite BETA participant, but if they don't preorder the MW3:Hardened or Elite:Pro, then they will not be granted "Founder" status.  That to me seems like a joke.

-OTISMAN

4rumboys

rankismet

otisman666 wrote:

Funny thing is, a player could have been a DAY #1 Elite BETA participant, but if they don't preorder the MW3:Hardened or Elite:Pro, then they will not be granted "Founder" status.  That to me seems like a joke.

-OTISMAN

4rumboys

Your turn to get off the making sense train, Otis.

Beta testers should get a badge or something at least in Elite.

Sign smiley 75

otisman666 wrote:

That is the only bonus we get from this.  No freebies or anything like that.  Funny thing is, a player could have been a DAY #1 Elite BETA participant, but if they don't preorder the MW3:Hardened or Elite:Pro, then they will not be granted "Founder" status.  That to me seems like a joke.

-OTISMAN

4rumboys

Not to sound like an ass, but they could've called it "Pre-Order Bonuses" and offered the same content. Only because it's named "Founder Status" doesn't necessarily mean that beta testers should be entitled to them.

Edit: I do agree with rankismet though. Beta testers should get an exclusive title if anything at all.

When will the PC platform of COD:Elite be released ?

About that... I consider myself as a CoD Veteran as I bought all CoD games since CoD4, I also bought EVERY SINGLE DLCs (never missed one) from CoD4 to Black Ops, I even bought CoD4 & Black Ops on PC, I spent a lot of money on this franchise and I never received the email for the Elite beta... I'm really pissed off about that, I feel dishonored... I don't ask for retribution, but at least some kind of reward for giving so much time and money to the CoD franchise, FourZeroTwo said that we, the community, are the reason why they were at the CoD XP and how much we are important to them, but I don't feel like it's true as we never got rewarded for everything we've done.

Sadly no, this was a learning experience for call of duty creaters to test the site, its dynamics and its overall public apperance before it actually gets launched in November.

xXJSG350Xx

The Beta of elite is honestly not as great as I was hoping for simply because there is nothing special available to only the Beta tester. There are many examples of games with beta tester only unlockables that make it something special, however elite simply does not offer that

doubtful they would have said something plus they want founder status to be the big thing.

fatedtitan

The problem is that Beta, while random, was selective.  Not anyone could just join.  So you're going to punish someone who signed up for the beta in the first month but never got the invite by not letting them have a chance at Founder's Status?  That's not fair.

I'd be totally in for a "Beta" title or emblem or something, I fell in love with Elite the second I loaded the web page, but it doesn't matter either way. We don't deserve anything for free.

Humbleness is a rare trait among the community these days.  http://kcsr.org/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Silly SmiliesIt's just not fair for the other people, I got randomly chosen, I didn't "earn it". But damn am I glad I was chosen. I don't see why everybody just says whatever, I think it's so fun to just look at my stats and yadda yadda. Did youget into the beta Justin?

I received my invite on June 9th which is rather unfortunate because I had just traded Black Ops to a friend for a couple of games a week or two prior (had been max level/prestige for about a month and was becoming bored).  It was neat to see what was being offered but it would have been better off in the hands of somebody who still had the game so that they could actually test and use Elite to it's fullest. 

Can't wait to use it with MW3 though.  It's quite interesting to see all of your various detailed stats.

hostelhostage81

i like it elite because pro members get maps and add-on for free. either way i think it's worth becoming a member rather if you were here from the start or not

well people will know we was beta tester by it saying when we joined it said i joined the beta aug 23 so people will see that and know i was on that **** before they was so f&^k that founder status and buying sub to this not worth my money it all they care about anymore i kinda lost all hope into this franchise not to be that person but i bet any money it gonna be the same stuff in mw3:/.

avengedyesterday

It was a open beta, meaning anyone could join. If it was a closed beta and you were specially selected to be in it then i would expect you would get something for your work.

The reward for open beta is being able to enjoy a service early.

why should people that have money just get the founder status i reported 3 bugs in call of duty elite and i think that for the time and effort it took me to find and zero in on these 3 bugs i deserve founder status or at least a title or an emblem. i meen come on does a multi billion dollar gaming company really need to be that greedy.  they could spare a few million$ for those of  us that were in the beta. i meen if u think about it we r founders we took our time to make the quality of call of duty elite better. idk im just upset that call of duty would be that greedy they treated us beta tester fine in the past well at least me. with free game add ons and other stuff. well idk hope someone reads this thats big up their and does something about it:/