12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 6:52 PM by sdrol117 RSS

Would you...?

ghamorra

Would you give up free online gaming to a 100% satisfaction garuntee of supported servers

• Re: Would you...?

Even though that's not really a yes or no question (I'd need a lot more information before I'd ever consider saying yes), I'd probably just say NO because I don't trust Activision.

IW can make all the promises in the world that the game would be smooth & supported, but who's to say Activision wouldn't swoop in and fire everyone again? Think of how different MW2 would've been had Activision not murdered IW -- we would've seen a lot more patches...

• Would you...?

I would gladly pay a nominal fee for dedicated and supported servers.

urbanevirtuoso

Free is free, so I'll take that instead. Plus I doubt it'll be fair for the Xbros, since they get none through payment as is.

I will take what I have for now..free is for me.  I would definitley preview a a package if they made one to decide if I wanted to pay and it was worth it.

• Would you...?
    ghamorra

I don't really understand why the #1 selling game all-time doesn't have supported servers for one of it's platforms. It seems like such a waste of effort

• Would you...?

NO!!

• Would you...?

Absolutely not.

I bought a PS3 because I didn't see the point in paying for online gameplay (owned an Xbox for about a year).

I've already spent $300 on a console and what will amount to $100 for this game, I do NOT want to pay another fee just so I can play a specific aspect of that game.

• Would you...?

Good choice my friend! Just think of the money you save.

• Would you...?

Like what you like, it's all good, but you get what you pay for. XBL is a more stable service that offers a lot more than the PSN has. One example is that the reason Xbox gets cod DLC (as well as DLC for other games too -- Homefront, Fallout 3) first is because Xbox pays for the timed exclusivity -- they're able to pay because we pay for Live. Then add in all the other features, and $5/month is worth it, imo.

However, I wont pay-to-play for a specific game because it sets a dangerous precedent that will have other big games doing the same.

• Would you...?

NO

Dedicated servers are not all that great, just look at Homefront for a prime example, or even the BF3 "beta" for when they don't work or go wrong.

Not to mention that every year, the servers would be re used for the next game, hence making the game before obsolete (can you imagine not being able to play CoD4 - Blops anymoe because MW3 took the servers?)

Listen servers work just as well, if not better than dedis, when done properly, Blops was just a bad example. Take a look at MW2 and you see how well they can work (one of the few things IW got right in that game)

• Would you...?

No

I like it free. Thats probably because I'm a cheap ass though!

• Would you...?

I already pay for XBL so i can have a quality service, and games that come with that should be free online, paying another 15 a month for MMOs on the xbox or on PC is stupid and over priced, and I would never pay onlone for a CoD because they are never worth THAT much.