9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 10:16 AM by PbtTheClan RSS

The shotgun thread, some basic information about shotguns in MW2, and 2 new shotguns in MW3, still unknown though.

There are 6 shotguns included in MW3 as far as i have seen.

1.Spas-12 (pump-style)

2.AA-12 (auto-fire)

3.Model 1887 (lever-action)

4.Striker (Semi-auto)

5.Usas-12 (Semi-auto or auto, do not know yet)

6.Ksg-12 (Also a new shotgun, i currently have no information about it)

OBS: the information about these shotguns are based from MW2, since this is the game that i played the most and i felt that they were the most effective in that game.

The spas-12 is a 8 mag pump action shotgun which has 24 ammo in spare, a quite good range, good damage and reloads with a single shell at a time. This shotgun is good for single targets, and is quite easy to handle. The red dot sight and the grip increases range by a bit, and is recommended for this shotgun.

The AA-12 is a 8 round auto shotgun, which has 8 ammo in spare, so scavenger is recommended to use this weapon. this shotgun is good for executing several enemies at once, allowing for a better chance when facing 2+ enemies at once.

Model 1887 is a lever action shotgun, which has a 6 or 8 mag (i don't remember, i would appreciate correction on this, thanks!) and is good for close range, and this shotgun is special because of the akimbo attachment, allowing you to carry 2 shotguns. This shotgun was deemed OverPowered and they had to patch it, nowadays it's weaker than the spas-12 and sometimes requires 2 shots, where the spas-12 only requires 1 if you hit on the waist, or higher.

Striker is a 12 round mag semi-auto shotgun, which allows for a longer time of shooting before reloading, which could be appreciated if the enemy team is spread across 3 or 2 rooms, which allows you to kill and then run straight to the next room, without worrying about reloading.

The striker is a fairly good shotgun, has a quite good range with medium damage, it usually takes 2 shots to kill an enemy which allows for around 6 kills per mag.

The Usas-12 and Ksg-12, is still unknown to me, and information would be appreciated.

Ciao for now.

• Not funny at all.......

You lost me at "AA-12 had a quite low mag on MW2 and i would be glad if they changed the mag to either 12 or 14 rounds."

There's a reason it had such a small mag.

Fireman0025

first of all, all of the places I have seen have 6 shotguns. check out http://www.themodernwarfare3.com/mw3/weapons-list/shotguns/

second, like aceplace said their was a reason for the AA12 had such a small mag. I spray and pray on occasion but that brought it up to a whole new level that was quite rediculous

third, shotguns will both have the option for range proficiencies or extra damge. which one will be better, I do not know

Well, the spas-12 is wrong, since in the cod XP event, they showed us a spas-12 who looked like the spas-12 from MW2, with a better skin ofc.

I don't think that they'll change the whole skin of the spas-12, since the bulkier version is quite ugly and it comes from black ops xD.

And sorry, i forgot about the striker, i just remembered that 4 days ago i watched a MW3 video with the striker in it, i'll edit some now

• Re: Not funny at all.......

You're missing a few shotguns there...

*edit*

See Fireman0025's post above.

semi and auto shotguns aint really shotguns ,they are spray guns but more double barrel ,pump and lever shotguns and more bolt snipers would be nice

Not even gonna bother reading this with such dark text on the black background, from the comments i don't even want to try.

Well excuse me, but something happened with the font, i don't know what, and i already said that these were all of the shotguns i had knowledge of, that i knew existed in MMW3.

And no i am not a corner camper, i'm a scavenger rusher, and the reason for a bigger mag is because if im in the middle of 4 guys and i shoot 3 of them, the fourth guy is gonna kill me because i ran out of ammo, that's why i would want a bigger ammo.

And if you want to camp, then you'd better not use a shotgun, they suck for camping, snipers are basically made for camping, and i barely use snipers, maybe if i feel like quickscoping.

But i mostly use sub-machine guns and some burst assault rifles.

There, i don't feel like writing anymore right now..... So sleepy -.-