31 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 6:07 PM by keakua RSS

best tv to use for mw3

Hello, i'm planning on getting a nice new 1080p HD tv for MW3. I currently have a 10 yr old non-hd 50" tv. What size tv would anyone suggest and what is better, a plasma or LCD tv? Thanks

• Re: best tv to use for mw3

id go for the biggest you can get and stick to lcd or try led

and next time post stuff like this in off topic thanks

Plasma is supposed to have better quality but eats up a lot more power.

I'm fine with my HP 22" inch monitor.

maccabi

this is one of those questions that everyone will say something different.

me personaly i have a 1yr old 50" plasma and a 6 month old 40" led meant to replace the plasma, plasma wins hands down on picture quality and overall performance and enjoyment. and the led ended up as the bedroom tv

i also have a lcd and thats just crap fobbed that off to the rugrat

Plasma SUCKS THEY ARE THE WORST QUALITY AND WORST POWER SUCKER EVER!!!

Keep with LCD or LED tv's

Either LED or LCD, the bigger the better.

Dont buy plasma kid,go for led

but also you could look at some led projectors

if you have the option to test them do that,that is a great way to play

I have a 28" HANSPREE 1080p Full HD and it works great, but considering you have a 50", you're probably playing in your living room.

This is what I suggest:

Sony or Samsung TV's are the best on the market right now and they have Full nice 1080p screening. Now, I'd go around a 55" or a 60" LED TV if I were you. There are also choices from from like a 3D TV which I'm not too sure if Modern Warfare 3 will have 3D options yet, but it's great for videos or Black Ops. There is also the assumption of a Smart TV which you can surf netflix and the Internet on.

That's what I think would work great for you man, good luck on whatever you decide!

dstr001

I agree with some of the comments; don't go with a plasma unless they have a reflective filter, or else you can't see anything in the daytime.

i use a samsung 40" 1080p 200hz lcd 3d tv and the colour and picture quality is incredible ok we all know that lcd tv's dont have "true black" but the system settings are so easy to play with you can basicly make it so shadows are darker than night and you cant see whats in there or as clear as day ^^

i used to believe that led tvs would be terrible for gaming as there only 100hz but seeing xbox only uses 60hz there absolutely fine (if you set this too high/smooth then the image gets a horrible shadow or blur)  LG 3d tv is also pretty good. in my opinion 1080p plasmas are a bit blury -.- but they have a movie advantage of 600hz :/ (hopefully this helps decide, im no tv geek but i know what i like for gaming after using all types) ps dont send any more than £40 on a 3d hdmi cable unless you use it on the pc as all it does after this price is add an ethernet cable which isnt really needed standard cheap cable is 1.3ghzps 3d cable is 1.4 but the more expenive ones come as far as 15.4 and 26.00 i use the 26.00 ghzps cable just for 3d bluray and xbox but i cant see any difference on the xbox when i use it

• best tv to use for mw3

LCD/LED are more energy efficient though plasmas tend to have better image quality.

I personally use a 24" widescreen LCD monitor for gaming (PC/Xbox 360) and my 48" LCD for Blu-Rays and other multimedia (via PS3).

• best tv to use for mw3
    OMEN

buy a lcd or led 3d t.v and as big as u can

• best tv to use for mw3
      cranium2001

OMEN wrote:

buy a lcd or led 3d t.v and as big as u can

Why do people always say this? I have a 42" LED, a 32" LCD, and a 26" LED. I prefer the 26" LED for gaming. In my opinion, if you go too big the television can't keep up.

• best tv to use for mw3

ive tried a 19" emerson, vizio, a 47" vizio a 37" emerson 32" sanyo and my favorite is the 32" vizio hdtv 1080p and 1080i it has amazing quality and has no lag what so ever been steady for 3 years highly recommend one

110" screen with 1080p projector.

Anything else is for amatures who live with their parents.

OMEN

i have a 55 and my tv is just fine keeps up to the games i play

I use a 40" toshiba LCD TV and find that it works great, where my friends would agure and tell you to get a 32" or smaller... they say you can see things easier.  I say go with the biggest you can, less than two years ago I paid a little over 800 for the TV and wall mount, today I could get something similar for about 400-450.  They're so cheap now, so I feel as if I got ripped off. 

dstr001

For those saying that bigger TVs tend not to keep up with gameplay, you are half right; If your larger TV has a game mode any TV lag is almost completely done away with, the same mode also helps to eliminate screen burn which is a small problem in plasmas (majority of the time it won't stay but sometimes it will premanently burn things like the HUD in CoD onto the screen)

vileself

The bigger the TV you have the more you will have to look around for enemies. Smaller TVs are easier to play on as long as the picture is crisp. Two things you should keep in mind when purchasing a TV for gaming is 1080P and 120HZ (or higher) frame rate. If you get anything less than 120HZ frame rate then you may experience some lag or choppiness while you play. It really isnt noticable to the human eye but when playing online in a competative environment it may make a difference.

Projector!!! lol

keakua

I've been buying Samsung TV's for the last 12 years and never had a problem with any of them. I've owned 7 of them all different sizes and models. And with Samsung you'll get amazing picture quaility with colors popping out at you.

My suggestion, big isnt always better like a lot of people have posted on here. Its ok to get something in the 36-48" range and love it to death. I'd say go with 1080p because the next gen Xbox will support it and you can only run blu-ray on 1080p.

Definately go with an LCD or a LED smart TV. Stay away from Plasmas and DLP's. Also you want to get at least 120hz or higher. This is important for action movies and gaming imo.