15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2011 6:11 AM by windeblade13 RSS

Riot Shield Questions

arcaver

I was reading some of the forums about people wanting to put Camo onto the Riot Shields. To me this is a pointless addition since it's practically clear {with just a little darkening}. Anyway, would it be possible that if they are going to be adding Camo to the Riot Shields, can we instead opt to have a crosshair on the shield instead. This would be allow us to aim our throwing knives, grenades {tactical and equipment ones} and stuff like that while remaining behind the shield.

Also, will the collision detection actually work on the Riot Shield so the shield doesn't cut through our legs and exposing our feet? It gets old getting shot and killed by people shooting our feet cause the shield is sticking through my legs. Have it were we can't look down anymore or something.

Also, if my shield is able to withstand an RPG, why can't it withstand a semtex?

• Riot Shield Questions
    arcaver

*Bump*

Still waiting on some type of answer here.

• Riot Shield Questions

Well I think that the issue with your legs going through the shield should be resolved with MW3 due to the new and enhanced game engine. But something tells me that you are not gonna get crosshairs and I don't use the riot shield like ever but I could understand how it could be helpful but soemthing tells me with the shield taking up your screen and with the crosshiars being white it probably would be difficult to do or even see.

• Riot Shield Questions

If I were you, I'd be prepared to continue waiting. There has been very little (if any) riot shield gameplay shown.

• Riot Shield Questions

Yeah they only riot shield gameplay I can think of is on a video showing the Support Juggernaut poitnstreak. and it honestly looked exactly the same as MW2. Oh there is like one other clip where a guy i getting shot at by a helicopter but that was only a few seconds worth of video.

• Riot Shield Questions

I can help you with your cross-hair problem.  Here is what you do.  Get a clear plastic wrap (for food).  About half the size of a dime or however you need.  It doesn't need to have a certain shape (cirle,box,triangle,etc)  Using a marker put a black dot on it then just smack it on your tv/monitor.  Using an acog/red dot sight/sniper rifle just center it accordingly.  You can take it on/off as necessary lol.

• Riot Shield Questions
    arcaver

It's the same game engine, they just added a few new things is all they really did. That and up the frame rate.

Anyway, there are no crosshairs when using the Riot Shield, even in Core Game Modes. So it would be amazingly nice to be able to put crosshairs onto the shield instead of Camo. I added another question as well.

• Riot Shield Questions

Well that would make it an updated game engine lol. And I understand why you would want the crosshairs it is a good idea and better than camo on the shield. But chances are they are not gonna do it.

• Riot Shield Questions

Both the crosshairs and semtex question come down to game balance.

If you want to aim your one hit kill weapon, you're going to have to expose yourself to getting killed yourself.

It takes more skill to throw a semtex onto a riot shield than it does to fire a RPG towards one IMO.

• Riot Shield Questions

If there was camo on riot shield how would you see your enemy from a distance.MW3 provided us with good color and ability to see from far away.Why should Treyarch waste their time to do something useless. Peace .

• Riot Shield Questions

How did Treyarch make their way into this topic?

• Riot Shield Questions
        arcaver

No it's the same engine. They just put it from 30 fps to 60fps, you don't have to have a new engine to do this.

I'm wondering how 3arc got into the converstation as well haha.

You're acting like no one but the Riot Shield can use a throwing knife. It's not like the throwing knife has an explosive handle {*hint hint*} or you throw it at an angle or anything like that. Plus the enemy only has to move just a little bit for you to miss the knife.

• Riot Shield Questions
    iiiredbeariii

Semtex definitely should not kill you if you are behind your shield. You should have to stick the semtex behind the riot shielder so it actually hits them. This was a big complaint of mine in MW2. Hopefully they fixed it for MW3.

I do not think they will put crosshairs on the riot shield. I think its a good idea, but they haven't done it for MW3.

You can rank up your riot shield but it is unknown if that includes camo.

Run the shield with overkill and SOH Pro on...

Im pumped.

• Riot Shield Questions

I'm surprised no one has asked to be able to dual wield a riot shield and one of the secondaries you can equip with it, so when you hit the left trigger you hold up the shield to block if there're no enemies in front of you, or use it to hit, and right trigger would, of course, fire the weapon. Also, why do you always have to be right handed in the game, I mean, I'm an ambidextrous shooter, so I sometimes shoot left-handed. I just think it should be an option.