43 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2012 3:13 PM by IndyOldGuy RSS

Oasis...

...is an absolutely awful level, one of the worst ones theyve ever made - no subtlety at all, its designed for stupid kids who run around with akimbo weapons and no idea about tactics, why does it always come up as an option, and why do people keep voting for it over infinitely better levels?

• Re: Oasis...
    that6uy420

press that select button prior to entering the pre-game lobby andyou won't ever find Oasis on your maps

its far from being one of the worst map in the cod series in fact i think its quite a good map but i do agree that its starting to get annoying playing it nearly every other game try disabling the dlc for a bit thats what id do when i get sick of it

the problem is i like the other DLC levels, ive paid for them so i want to play them, but trying to actually get a game on liberation or black box, for example, is like pulling teeth sometimes

that6uy420

I paid for all those maps too...  just because I paid for them doesn't mean I want to play them.. crap maps are crap

jwaller123

Liberation and Black Box became the campiest maps I have ever seen. Rarely is there any action to be had on these maps. (This is my experiance, I am not speaking for everyone) I once played a KC game on Black Box and we wound up winning when the time expired with only 20-30 kills confirmed. I think there was only three to four people (both teams included) that were running around killing. The others just sat in the back corners of the rooms trying to snipe each other.

CowboySr

honeslty its the only decent one in the DLC.

Rhonus

OP....not sure if you've noticed, but EVERY map has idiots running around with akimbo weapons.

haha thats very true, its just Oasis doesnt really offer anything else to players who dont subscribe to that tactic.

phxs72

I use AR's all the time on Oasis and do quite well.  Sure you need an SMG backup for the CQC areas but that's true of every other map in the game as well.  I have, however, run into a whole team that ran nothing but akimbo FMG9's and that was harder to deal with mostly because I was lagging behind them. So they basically looked like they were moving at double speed the whole match. I didn't fair all that great in that match but I held my own.

oasis is a nice map, but the spawning is insane, when your behing the cars, you can easily get by people spawning behind you, yeah happens in a lot of maps

What you should do when playing with a friend, is take the A spot from dom, and stay there, enemies wil keep spawning the other side of the map, this way you control the spawn, and the map becomes more fun,

i actually like this map, but it's played to much, i think 20% of my games is at oasis, thats a lot!

SirMaXx

Oasis is a great map for all types of players, the fact you like black box and liberation shows you just like to sit and camp with your sniper rifle. It doesnt make oasis a bad map just means you dont know how to play it

JSlayer211

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Personally, I love Oasis b/c of the ability to play all kinds of play styles. The other maps only lend themselves to one style, snipe or go home. I'm sure if there was a data table showing maps voted for the most, you would see just how much dislike people have for these camp happy garbage azz maps. There are people that get soo much more excited for the smaller, high action maps like Carbon, Hard Hat, and Dome. It's a wonder that they haven't drawn the conclusion that people love these smaller maps with higher paced action instead of the long winded camp fest maps. Foundation, Liberation, and Black Box are either never voted or quickly quit from after it wins the vote.

that6uy420

can't stand carbon...but I'll play it if it comes up... unlike Downturn (completely detest that map)

IndyOldGuy

JSlayer211 wrote:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Personally, I love Oasis b/c of the ability to play all kinds of play styles. The other maps only lend themselves to one style, snipe or go home. I'm sure if there was a data table showing maps voted for the most, you would see just how much dislike people have for these camp happy garbage azz maps. There are people that get soo much more excited for the smaller, high action maps like Carbon, Hard Hat, and Dome. It's a wonder that they haven't drawn the conclusion that people love these smaller maps with higher paced action instead of the long winded camp fest maps. Foundation, Liberation, and Black Box are either never voted or quickly quit from after it wins the vote.

I actually had my best game on Black Box, using a silenced PP90M1,  if you keep constantly running you can overwhelm the snipers before they can get 'comfy',  unless you run right down the middle of the map of course...lol, said it before, but Foundation has some of the worst spawns I have ever seen, Oasis is fun, altho alot of the action now, and grenades,  all now seems to be centered in the area/corridor by those parked cars
        :-)

itribulationz

How exactly is a sniper supposed to play? I guess running around like a headless chicken quicksoping scrubs left and right is the only sensable way to use a sniper rifle these days.

Not trying to turn this into a QS argument, just saying. Few if any of the default MW3 maps are sniper-friendly. Black Box especially is a nice addition in that regard.

Risk26

Yeah, I almost exclusively use a MK 14 on Oasis and don't really have any problems.

Also, Liberation and Black Box are ******* garbage.

nikebauer

They should have just added a search for specific maps. I feel good when Outpost gets voted to play every once and a bluemoon.

TeamKillerMAC

I agree. This is the worst map they made yet.

Oasis is a good map if you don't want to get akimbod stay out the middle lol

It's so easy perfect for an assault rifle

They should do like bops did and make a dlc playlist only for Dom

smokesdope

Oasis is a great looking map and plays good as well but does it have to be in the rotation EVER time ? Starting to get sick of a good map.

coltfirearms

I have stopped playing on DLC maps. I have them all, but I never play them. It is bad enough to have to deal with the garbage maps that came with the game.

its interesting to read some of the replies - for the record, i play with mainly assault rifles, sometimes with snipers if its a sniper-friendly level. Personally, what i mean about oasis is it just feels too sanitised - on the old MW2 levels (which were generally much better) there were places to jump, shortcuts to take, interesting scenery to hide behind... and no, im not advocating camping, but stopping in a tactical place to make a kill before moving on, and camping arent the same thing... it seems like IW are trying to take all the fun out of the levels by making them all so neat and tidy and pretty - foundation's probably the closest thing yet to one of the old MW2 levels. Its odd to me that theyre steering the games towards simply running around shooting people like a headless chicken - "just run around wildly, spraying bullets everywhere, you'll be fine" - said no military commander, ever

JSlayer211

Want military strategy? You are playing the wrong game. This whole series is built upon a run and gun mindset. It's arcade-like in every way. Want something more serious? Try BF3. Lots more strategy and coop planning invovled (ex. one person recons, other person fires mortar).

supervelous

Oasis might be the best map in the game IMO.  For some reason I do insanely well on that map.  I have almost 50 MOABs, and I'd say 10-15 are on that map, which is insane considering it was a DLC. 

It suits all play styles, I love the placement of the B flag on Dom, perfect, in fact I think it's the best Domination map, and you can do well with ANY weapon if you play it right. 

Disagree, Oasis is a good map along with Overwatch. Liberation however is rubbish.

chris_shanahan87

The best maps of the DLC are Piazza and Sanctuary imo.

Oh, and Terminal soon ;-)

yates435

Its not a great map, but its not a terrible map. Its still better then alot of the ones on the disc.

funny everyone talking about black box.  i just got off a game where the whole team camped in whichever house they were closest to!  didnt even make a push for another just ran into the closest frm spawn and sat there.  about 3 snipers anf the rest covered doorways.  that is the biggest crybaby chicken sh** thing ever. they got killed that match like most snipers do but still extremely cowardly.  i know snipers have their place in real life but if your too scared to run around a corner on a video game how sad is your real life?  i promise dying in th game isnt real.  lol  i am definatly staying off the large dlc maps thanks to pussycat campers.  please release more fast paced maps like the op is whinning about i love them

indy56

Oasis, i love that map, for me its like  the mw3 version of Nuketown, only slightly bigger, everyone gets to run around like crazy and go mental for a few minutes, lol

oooCHRISPYooo

I love Oasis...comes up to often but I think it great.

NuSkool4ss4sin

Oasis, is one of the best DLC maps for MW3.

In Dom, B is in a great location.  There are some great battles there!!!!  Kill or Bkilled over and over

People bash the maps in MW3, don't know why?  If they don't like a map, then when it pops up just leave and try again till you get a map you enjoy.

I'm an older gamer, so I just like to play and have lots of fun.

DemonHunter777

It's the only good map in MW3.

DemonHunter777

The only maps I will play is. Oasis, Foundation and Overwatch. While Dome is a fast map this has the most camping I have ever seen out of all the maps.

IndyOldGuy

DemonHunter777 wrote:

The only maps I will play is. Oasis, Foundation and Overwatch. While Dome is a fast map this has the most camping I have ever seen out of all the maps.

You think Dome has the most camping?  Arkaden to me is the worst for camping and sitting in corners (as far as the smaller maps go)

I do believe there are maps that are FAR more worse than 'Oasis.' In my opinion, the one's that take the cake are:

1. Downturn (hands down the worst piece of crap I've ever played.)

2. Outpost (I just dislike it.)

3. Liberation (damn camp fest is what that is.)

Liberation also has horrible spawns, the worst of any map I'd say. I pretty much hate all the DLC maps so far except black box and overwatch. I'd even put foundation around the same spot as downturn and outpost.