23 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2012 10:40 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Final Stand is OP?

We all know that deathstreaks suck. What happens is that when i put someone in final stand they will not die untill they drop down to the ground. It should be fixed because no matter how many bullets I put in their body, they will not die and sometimes they end up killing me. Wouldnt it be better if it was like second chance from black ops where u could kill them while they were falling into second chance? Please IW do something about this.

• Re: Final Stand is OP?
    HEREIAMNOW

No it is not over powered.  It's lag comp that makes it annoying.  When you are on the good side of lag it is not a problem, because after the animation of them falling to the ground its just a one shot kill.  I rarely die from someone in last stand.  Its just confusing when you see them drop, you automatically assume they are dead, so you let go of the trigger and move away from you sights, only to waste time bringing your sights back to them. IMO

mischaelite

I don´t mind Deathstreaks, except for the Dead mans hand but I rarley see it used anyway. I remember when Martyrdom and Last Stand was a Perk and the Frags had a radius 3 times the ones in MW3. I actually go back to CoD4 sometimes but it is getting old now. MW2 was great, but many had a hard time avoiding the heavy explosives.

Most of those who complain of in game features are those who lack the skill to handle them anyway. I learned the value of using cover to my advantage from MW2.

Snipingdbag

Yes, it's extremely Op and very overused as a 3 / 4 death streak and thus needs to be a 6 deathstreak as well.

You can't beat those glichy God mode moments.

mdm123456789

People with vaginas use second chance. They need to remove it completly.

The only thing wrong with Last stand is the fact they let you keep your primary weapon when youre downed. They should have just made it like they always have and make you switch to your pistol when put into last stand. Then it wouldnt be a problem.

DANOM1GHT

Final Stand / Second Chance / Etc should not be in the game at all as they give a person you beat in a fair gunfight the chance to still kill you even after you have dealt them 100 damage. At least you have to work a little to get Ballistic Vests, but all you have to do to get Deathstreaks is DIE. 

Death Streaks along with blatently easymode weapons like the ACR and MP7 lessen the skill gap and dumb down the competative aspect of CoD.  The developers do this on purpose to cater to a wider fan base and improve their bottom line.  They don't care that this comes at the expense of enraging their most dedicated players. 

kastro187420

What would be nice is if they made it so that Shotguns/Sniper Rifles bypassed the Death Streaks and basically nullified them so they wouldn't work. Give people a counter to DMH/Final Stand and maybe you'll see less of it.

DANOM1GHT

I think you give IW way too much credit if you expect this of them.  Treyarch on the other hand made shotguns bypass Second Chance - just as you described (not to say including Second Chance wasn't a shitty idea in the first place).

kastro187420

DANOM1GHT wrote:

I think you give IW way too much credit if you expect this of them.  Treyarch on the other hand made shotguns bypass Second Chance - just as you described (not to say including Second Chance wasn't a shitty idea in the first place).

Oh I don't expect it to happen... but it would be nice if they did. Treyarch did it, and I don't think anyone complained about it. Hopefully in BO2 there won't be any kind of Second Chance/Last Stand type thing. I know they don't do Death Streaks, so there's no worry there.

They should just remove deathstreaks.

fissuresofrequent

coltfirearms wrote:

They should just remove deathstreaks.

What was IW thinking. :/ Especially with dead mans hand.

trialstardragon

Not going to happen. Just because 3arc does not use them does not mean that IW has to make its games the same way as them.

For some reason it won't let me post my response. It keeps saying I am posting something not allowed. I have seen ridiculous amounts of profanity on here and what I am saying isn't allowed? You have got to be kidding  me.

trialstardragon

Yep not allowed.

But my point still stands. that just because 3arc has taken a certain stance on death streaks does not mean that IW will or has to or ever will do the same, no matter how much the fans cry about it.

trialstardragon wrote:

Yep not allowed.

But my point still stands. that just because 3arc has taken a certain stance on death streaks does not mean that IW will or has to or ever will do the same, no matter how much the fans cry about it.

Not a single tear has been shed by me over deathstreaks. Maybe a few f bombs, other choice words and me say on these forums they should be removed. You won't see me create a thread crying about it though.

I just think it is dumb to reward players for dying. It is a slap in the face to all the players that spent the time to get better at IW's creations.

trialstardragon

This game is not about wasting hours to get better this game is meant for the average or casual player to be able to play and have fun with out being destroyed by those that did waste hours to get better. Many games are going toward this casual or general auidence way of playing, even a hack slash like Diablo 3 did it even to the dislike of many of the D2 players.

anyone that puts too much pride or vanity in the time they take to get good at playing a game is a bit foolish to do so. It is just a game and nothing more. it is meant as entertainment not as ego/pride/vanity boosting like so many so called veteran fans think and try to use it for. If you need to do well in a game or be better than someone in a game to feel good about what you have done then you have some serious issues about life.

If you think it is a slap in the face than that is because you try to take the game and how to play it too serious and that is your fault and not IW's.

I love that Final Stand lets people use their primaries.

I think my favorite outcome is getting no-scoped after the guy falls.

Ah, two birds with one stone.

Sniper hipfire

+

Deathstreak

WOOHOO.

I'm op