32 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 10:37 AM by quad747 RSS

5 Steps to becoming better at zombies

Tattoo247
Bored at work so these are the things I can suggest to you all who are having a hard time surviving.

1. Learn the maps solo- This is probably the most important, if you're ever the last one alive and it round depends on you, your going to know how to play with no help, also you'll learn loops on your own and if you get 4 good solo players in a room, each can hold their own in different corners of the map, thinning out the horde.

2. Run not revive- I know it sounds harsh, but if you feel the least bit uncomfortable about picking someone up, leave them. Would you rather bleed out and come back the next round or end the game because you have a friggin ray gun?

3. Perks>Box: Screw that box, focus on knifing and learn how many bullets it takes into earlier rounds to get the final knife kill, get your juggernog, then sickle. Own with that until round 11 and you can go mad on a box if you like. Most shotguns are one hit kills well into round 11 too in case you find yourself cornered.

4. No ammo, no problem- Many times I see people going down and complaining they didnt have ammo, ditch whatever weapon you have and get a wall weapon, most SMGs pay for themselves and then some, get a weapon with rapid fire, and you'll have enough to get through those doors and hit a box if your lucky.

5.Get a mic- I hear people say you can function without one, but not nearly as well just get a mic. If you go down and dont have a mic, how many zombies are at your position? Where did the run off from? I never understood how you can have all the map packs and no mic...stop being cheap lol
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    darthdad969
    Yeah, mics are a must in co-op zombies.  How about when they rage quit when you don't revive them?  Of course, they couldn't communicate useful information, as you indicated.

    I get tired of people being "slaves to the box" as I call them.  If you have good weapons, find a place to hold out, don't camp by the box simply for the sake of being close to it.  Now if its at a defensible location, all other things being equal, sure defend at it.  But I hate when people keep opening the box for the sole purpose of getting it to move.  That's just a waste of points.

    This was especially bad on Shi No Numa for some reason, at least when I played.  Guys would keep spinning the box in the hopes it would go to a building not yet opened, as if they needed that as justification for going there.  Of course, they blew through points that could have opened it and bought the perk there.
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    Tattoo247
    Well the box isnt that important until around round 15, and even then if your good its not a priority. Why get a ray gun that early anyway...its crap for points and it seems thats all people want.
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    cant keep banning1
    this guy makes alot of sense. solo isnt as fun, but you gotta be able to make it on ur own. gotta have that mic though.
    on kino and ascenscion i buy one wall gun and then nuthin till i get the bowie/sickle. mad point generator and it dont run out of ammo...
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    Tattoo247

    cant keep banning1 wrote:

     

    this guy makes alot of sense. solo isnt as fun, but you gotta be able to make it on ur own. gotta have that mic though.
    on kino and ascenscion i buy one wall gun and then nuthin till i get the bowie/sickle. mad point generator and it dont run out of ammo...




    Yes, and you'd all be suprised how well an upgraded ak74 works, especially on COTD with deadshot perk, I usually keep it the whole game, could just be me but I dominate with it well into the 20s and 30s, then its a point maker at worst
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    shaun1856
    Yes, and you'd all be suprised how well an upgraded ak74 works, especially on COTD with deadshot perk, I usually keep it the whole game, could just be me but I dominate with it well into the 20s and 30s, then its a point maker at worst[/quote]

    exactly the ak47fu2 is totally beast well into any number of rounds in ascension thats the first gun i bought and i had it well to round 37 then i died lol
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    SUpeSenseis
    I got an awesome tip, SALES ARE NOT WORTH DIEING OVER!
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    SUpeSenseis
    oh and also, if your good at shooting dont take the ray gun let the "noob" take the ray gun. i reccomend and lmg's assault rifles or thunder cannon(cannon because its a life saver)
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    litaljohn

    Darthdad969 wrote:

     



    This was especially bad on Shi No Numa for some reason, at least when I played.  Guys would keep spinning the box in the hopes it would go to a building not yet opened, as if they needed that as justification for going there.  Of course, they blew through points that could have opened it and bought the perk there.



    most people wanted extra guns, you seem to have missed that exploit many MANY people all liked to use in numa, i wouldn't be so fast to criticize it if you have no idea what their motives are.
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    darthdad969

    litaljohn wrote:

     

    Darthdad969 wrote:

     



    This was especially bad on Shi No Numa for some reason, at least when I played.  Guys would keep spinning the box in the hopes it would go to a building not yet opened, as if they needed that as justification for going there.  Of course, they blew through points that could have opened it and bought the perk there.



    most people wanted extra guns, you seem to have missed that exploit many MANY people all liked to use in numa, i wouldn't be so fast to criticize it if you have no idea what their motives are.



    You mean the multi-weapons glitch?

    I know what I've heard from randoms I've played with and a significant majority of them would just want the box to move.  They'd even eye my point total and encourage me to get a weapon, just to generate the bear.  I'd tell them, "No thanks.  I'm good with my weapons right now."  I'd even see them get good weapons themselves, open the box, and run to a window never intending to get the weapon that came up.

    My point is, just pick a defensible spot and stay there.  If the box is there, great.  If not, just stay there and get to the box on an as-needed basis.
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    Crandallstoner420

    Tattoo247 wrote:

     

    Bored at work so these are the things I can suggest to you all who are having a hard time surviving.

    1. Learn the maps solo- This is probably the most important, if you're ever the last one alive and it round depends on you, your going to know how to play with no help, also you'll learn loops on your own and if you get 4 good solo players in a room, each can hold their own in different corners of the map, thinning out the horde.

    2. Run not revive- I know it sounds harsh, but if you feel the least bit uncomfortable about picking someone up, leave them. Would you rather bleed out and come back the next round or end the game because you have a friggin ray gun?

    3. Perks>Box: Screw that box, focus on knifing and learn how many bullets it takes into earlier rounds to get the final knife kill, get your juggernog, then sickle. Own with that until round 11 and you can go mad on a box if you like. Most shotguns are one hit kills well into round 11 too in case you find yourself cornered.

    4. No ammo, no problem- Many times I see people going down and complaining they didnt have ammo, ditch whatever weapon you have and get a wall weapon, most SMGs pay for themselves and then some, get a weapon with rapid fire, and you'll have enough to get through those doors and hit a box if your lucky.

    5.Get a mic- I hear people say you can function without one, but not nearly as well just get a mic. If you go down and dont have a mic, how many zombies are at your position? Where did the run off from? I never understood how you can have all the map packs and no mic...stop being cheap lol


    you forgot tip number 6- dont be a whinny little kid
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies

    Crandallstoner420 wrote:

     

    Tattoo247 wrote:

     

    Bored at work so these are the things I can suggest to you all who are having a hard time surviving.

    1. Learn the maps solo- This is probably the most important, if you're ever the last one alive and it round depends on you, your going to know how to play with no help, also you'll learn loops on your own and if you get 4 good solo players in a room, each can hold their own in different corners of the map, thinning out the horde.

    2. Run not revive- I know it sounds harsh, but if you feel the least bit uncomfortable about picking someone up, leave them. Would you rather bleed out and come back the next round or end the game because you have a friggin ray gun?

    3. Perks>Box: Screw that box, focus on knifing and learn how many bullets it takes into earlier rounds to get the final knife kill, get your juggernog, then sickle. Own with that until round 11 and you can go mad on a box if you like. Most shotguns are one hit kills well into round 11 too in case you find yourself cornered.

    4. No ammo, no problem- Many times I see people going down and complaining they didnt have ammo, ditch whatever weapon you have and get a wall weapon, most SMGs pay for themselves and then some, get a weapon with rapid fire, and you'll have enough to get through those doors and hit a box if your lucky.

    5.Get a mic- I hear people say you can function without one, but not nearly as well just get a mic. If you go down and dont have a mic, how many zombies are at your position? Where did the run off from? I never understood how you can have all the map packs and no mic...stop being cheap lol


    you forgot tip number 6- dont be a whinny little kid


    Don't forget tip 7: If you have a few good friends to play with, play with them instead of taking a Russian roulette chance online. You will get much farther and be able to form a good team.
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    deathbot3600
    you forgot dont be under 18 years of age
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies

    deathbot3600 wrote:

     

    you forgot dont be under 18 years of age



    Nobody listens to the ratings for a definite age limit, It's more of a "how mature are you" (no pun intended). Sometimes i think there are people over 18 who really shouldn't be playing M rated games because they have the maturity of one of those 6 year olds that shouldnt be playing
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    deathbot3600
    yah true my little brother is 6 and isnt exactly mature but hes better and more mature than some people i know and the stoners are just terible

    "whoo theres a unicorn humping that zombie" his buddy "wait isnt that bigfoot
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    The4Hawks
    I agree I got a mic for Easter and it's GREAT for zombies I am new and hardly ever played and what I do in ascension is buy the mp5k use that get Juggernaut phd flopper speed cola and quick revive and the sickle then I try to get the ballistic knife and thunder gun if I get a ray gun sure I get it but point is PERKS FIRST!
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    Crandallstoner420

    deathbot3600 wrote:

     

    yah true my little brother is 6 and isnt exactly mature but hes better and more mature than some people i know and the stoners are just terible

    "whoo theres a unicorn humping that zombie" his buddy "wait isnt that bigfoot


    the stoners are tertible huh? you wanna put a wager on that?
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    deathbot3600
    im not saying there terible im saying there immature and doing an illeagal process
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    Tattoo247
    Oh something else i forgot to mention, learn to play on 10 sensitivity, you can watch your back alot easier that way and its just over all better for finding the best escape route
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    litaljohn

    deathbot3600 wrote:

     

    im not saying there terible im saying there immature and doing an illeagal process



    hate to disappoint you sir, but we don't all live in your town. so i don't see the global ban on the matter making this illegal.  you need to know what the influence is, before speaking out on being above it. btw i have never once ever heard taking drugs as "doing an illegal process" i commend you for your new verbiage.
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    shylabugg

    Tattoo247 wrote:

     

    Bored at work so these are the things I can suggest to you all who are having a hard time surviving.

    1. Learn the maps solo- This is probably the most important, if you're ever the last one alive and it round depends on you, your going to know how to play with no help, also you'll learn loops on your own and if you get 4 good solo players in a room, each can hold their own in different corners of the map, thinning out the horde.

    2. Run not revive- I know it sounds harsh, but if you feel the least bit uncomfortable about picking someone up, leave them. Would you rather bleed out and come back the next round or end the game because you have a friggin ray gun?

    3. Perks>Box: Screw that box, focus on knifing and learn how many bullets it takes into earlier rounds to get the final knife kill, get your juggernog, then sickle. Own with that until round 11 and you can go mad on a box if you like. Most shotguns are one hit kills well into round 11 too in case you find yourself cornered.

    4. No ammo, no problem- Many times I see people going down and complaining they didnt have ammo, ditch whatever weapon you have and get a wall weapon, most SMGs pay for themselves and then some, get a weapon with rapid fire, and you'll have enough to get through those doors and hit a box if your lucky.

    5.Get a mic- I hear people say you can function without one, but not nearly as well just get a mic. If you go down and dont have a mic, how many zombies are at your position? Where did the run off from? I never understood how you can have all the map packs and no mic...stop being cheap lol



    agree with most of this.

    1. that or co op with a good friend. don't search for serious groups on forums, when u've never been passed round 10.

    2. to true. if u can get to them n they are all clear then yeah get them. if u have pap'd balistics knife, or something to really help them (maybe monkey bombs or gersch) then get them. if u see a big cloud near them, don't play the hero. it's hard for teammates to get back on there feet, but a lot more possible then a total game over.

    3. If you can't rock with a wall gun no perks to round 25 (ascension/kno) and maybe round 15 on cotd, then u need more practice. I don't even touch jug till round maybe 18 cotd on average. With wall guns it's all about headshots. if you are one of those "aim at the chest" or even "aim at the pelvis" players, u will still get plenty of points, but u won't kill them fast enough.

    4. kinda agree and disagree. on ascension/kino aboslutely. on cotd, a lot of times u can't stop running from the horde, to get a smg, depending on where u are. mp4 might get you trapped, and in later rounds they spawn so much, that running to the drop off point from the mp40, can get you cornered. So it mainly depends what part of the map you are on. bottom line tho. if u have 0/0 in both guns, especially on cotd, then u need to buy a gun somehow. on ascension/kino at least theres traps.

    5. i'm not a mic user. i've got far on all maps (cept 5 i never really played that). would it be better, sure. but guess what, i'm "a mute" so i can't use one even if i wanted to. whatever reason, plenty of people don't have mics. maybe they are grown up with bills and don't have there mommy/daddy to buy mics. maybe they are grown up, with a job, but have priorities (bills, family, food, water, etc) that they think are more important then a video game. sure a mic is only about 15 bucks, but to some, 15 bucks is what 1000$ is to others. unemployment is up, most jobs are minimum wage, etc. You can't claim that even 1% of zombie players are 100k a year salary workers.

    on this point tho. if you are going to revive someone especially in cotd, almost anywhere that they are, you can decide if it's worth it or not. if they are on the other side of the map, by the time u get to them, zombies will be clear from taht area. it's mainly the zombies on you/coming to you that you have to worry about. everyone usually runs the entire map, so just do that, if u run into them, so be it. Most areas u can actually see how many are near them. begin area u can see from the lighthouse, the ship with the catapult, the area u land with the catapult, etc. yeah u can't see it everywhere, but u usually don't stick around in one place anyways. ultimately a mic HELPS, but is not necissary. and if u do think it's completely neccissary, ask the dozens of players WITH mics, that I (non mic user) have had to carry. In my experience about 80% of mic users only use it to ***** n moan like "guys rvive me for the 50th time" 15% of it also ***** n moan but in a more demanding way, things like "oh you guys are such **** cause u let me die rather then getting us all killed" only 5% (and i'm being generous, might be more like 2%) actually use it as team work. things like "behind you" or  "stay here i'll take the mass amount with me" etc.
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    Tattoo247

    shylabugg wrote:

     

    5. i'm not a mic user. i've got far on all maps (cept 5 i never really played that). would it be better, sure. but guess what, i'm "a mute" so i can't use one even if i wanted to. whatever reason, plenty of people don't have mics. maybe they are grown up with bills and don't have there mommy/daddy to buy mics. maybe they are grown up, with a job, but have priorities (bills, family, food, water, etc) that they think are more important then a video game. sure a mic is only about 15 bucks, but to some, 15 bucks is what 1000$ is to others. unemployment is up, most jobs are minimum wage, etc. You can't claim that even 1% of zombie players are 100k a year salary workers. quote]


    I understand people dont have money to blow...but if you can afford the new maps why cant you afford a mic? COTD is a must you have to admit, its made for the hardcore team players and communication is a must. I have no beef with no mics, but i choose not to play with them becuase i feel like i get a better experience with people with headsets.


  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    birdman22
    a good rule of thumb for maps that have monkey bombs or gersch that we use: Throw the bomb before you NEED to throw it.  if you wait until you NEED it, its too late anyway.

    better tolaunch those babies rather than try and save them and then get downed and lose
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    scotland-rules

    Tattoo247 wrote:

     

    shylabugg wrote:

     

    5. i'm not a mic user. i've got far on all maps (cept 5 i never really played that). would it be better, sure. but guess what, i'm "a mute" so i can't use one even if i wanted to. whatever reason, plenty of people don't have mics. maybe they are grown up with bills and don't have there mommy/daddy to buy mics. maybe they are grown up, with a job, but have priorities (bills, family, food, water, etc) that they think are more important then a video game. sure a mic is only about 15 bucks, but to some, 15 bucks is what 1000$ is to others. unemployment is up, most jobs are minimum wage, etc. You can't claim that even 1% of zombie players are 100k a year salary workers. quote]


    I understand people dont have money to blow...but if you can afford the new maps why cant you afford a mic? COTD is a must you have to admit, its made for the hardcore team players and communication is a must. I have no beef with no mics, but i choose not to play with them becuase i feel like i get a better experience with people with headsets.



    i would say i agree with your comment if you have the maps then u should be able to offord a mic
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    Squirrel?
    Agree with this post completely. I always keep my mic in when i play. If it do end up being stuck with 7-8 year olds that say stupid stuff then i just ignore them untill then mention something valuable to the team.
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    BLank Shot300

    birdman22 wrote:

     

    a good rule of thumb for maps that have monkey bombs or gersch that we use: Throw the bomb before you NEED to throw it.  if you wait until you NEED it, its too late anyway.

    better tolaunch those babies rather than try and save them and then get downed and lose


    couldnt agree more, seen too many people get red and start priming a gersh or monkey but go down before they throw it, if you feel pressured before you're red then throw it!! dont wait til you're red and go down, it sucks :\
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    Squirrel?
    I was especially a follower on Ascension with that rule
  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies

    Step 1 need to do that

    Step 2 do that most of the time

    Step 3 Rarely do that

    Step 4 do that all the time

    Step 5 have that

    you learn new things hear

  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies

    ahhhh, i remember when i used to buy the sickle/bowie knife... lol

     

    no matter the map, its always safe to go

     

    1) weapon off wall

    2) power

    3) juggernog

    4/5)phd flopper
    4/5)upgraded pistol "mustang and sally"
    *or if the map doesnt have phd flopper, i don't suggest mustang and sally, then u can just go straight to random weapon boxing
    6) you've probably beaten the game by now if you can kite/rapetrain well, so just spend that money on the weapon box for more fun weapons or good weapons to help revive your teammates that will start going down every level once it gets past level 15 (ughhhh)

     

    oh and 7) get a good weapon for the special rounds (monkeys, dogs, w.e.)

     


    ...camping was so much more fun back in the WAW days =)))

    • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies

      Camping is only an option if you plan to last only about 10 rounds.

      You have to move and give ground to the zombies.  I can rule kino with MP40 and upgraded crossbow.  Thundergun is over-rated.  Nice for dogs but there are other ways to deal with the dogs.  After round 35 it's all about scoring points with the MP40 and pulling traps. 

       

      Bonus info for kino:

      If you don't have bullets you can kill dogs 1 of 2 ways:

      1.  pull the turret in the theater and run around the stage

      2.  go to the 2nd floor room above the stage, pull the trap, trapping yourself inside the room.  You may get 1 or 2 dogs but u could knife them

  • Re: 5 Steps to becoming better at zombies
    Tattoo247

    Old post lol, best way to be a good zombie player is to buy a ps3 and add me. PunchOut85