24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 10:49 AM by zvers RSS

Noscoping a skill or a fluke?

AVIT-U-TRAMP

What does everyone think? Is it a skill or just pure luck?

• Re: Noscoping a skill or a fluke?

I think it depends on the player. My friend he can get no scopes like a boss. Me on the other hand, if it happens it was because you were at the wrong place at the wrong angle haha. i suck at sniping haha

pure luck

Out

if i do it .....it is pure luck....so i dont even try to QS ..... but i know a player or two that is preety good at it ....... so if they can do it  consitently .. i would say skill ..... but i think it sucks that QS a sniper rifle is even possible.....

AVIT-U-TRAMP

I agree QS shouldnt really exist, the only reason i bothered to learn how to is purely because i was sick of people charging me and being unable to really do anything. Saying that when they prevented it to an extent on black ops it did annoy me, its simply apart of the MW collection.

zvers

I was about to say something else but I realized you said "MW collection". I don't remember it being in MW1 though. I could be wrong. It's a fluke in my mind. It's just like the auto reload tricks in halo 1 except in MW2 + 3, they are specific to one class which makes it even more ridiculous. Just my opinion.

monkeylord

I'd say a skill because the more you practice it the more you can string kills together 1 kill can be lucky but 3 or 4 back to back point's to it being more than luck.

AVIT-U-TRAMP

I agree with what you say but its not often you see 3 or 4 streaks compared to QS you see a fair few.

monkeylord

I think most who try to noscope rely to much on the cross hair rather than the placement of the gun onscreen plus i've got a feeling most just pull off the odd one next time it fails so they move it into the luck box while others look at it and practice untill it hit's when they use it.

I find it more usefull than QS and can pretty much trust the RSASS,AS50,MSR and L11 in the noscope department.

AVIT-U-TRAMP wrote:

I agree with what you say but its not often you see 3 or 4 streaks compared to QS you see a fair few.

Also thats what indicates it's more of a skill the fact that they're people out there who can do it and use it because they can trust it but they're vastly outnumbered than QSers

rlbl

The further your target is, the more of a fluke it is.

The same is said for shotguns and OHK capabilities.

Why?

Because the bullet shoots out randomly anywhere in your x-hairs. Steady Aim helps tremendously. To say "No Skill Involved" would be false, but yes luck plays a HUGE factor in it.

It is like a golfer getting a hole in 1:

Getting it on the green - skill

Getting it close to the hole - skill

Getting it on the green close to hole in a place where it could drop - skill combined with knowledge of the green (like wearing steady aim)

Having the ball drop in - luck, combined with the above

monkeylord

Yeah this is totally true but i'd class part of the skill learning when and when it won't work just like hip shooting the SMGs part of the skill of that is learning when even up close whether to use it or not as sometimes hip is to the way to go but others the spamming aim at the same time is better or even just going full ADS.

After all the skill of this game is just learning to use each weapon to it's best and drive down the luck involved in putting up a kill if someone is hitting 9/10 of the shots taken and getting all the kills they go for then luck is harder to argue.

rlbl

No argument... but at the same time I had someone stand in front of me spamming a Barret and could not hit me while I was standing still...

There may be a way of getting your shot to hit more than it misses (like the triangle double tap in MW2) but that is still not skill:  that is knowledge of an aspect of the game and the weapon in use (which compliments what you said I think)

(and thanks again for the PM9 tips, I fricken love the gun now)

monkeylord

rlbl wrote:

There may be a way of getting your shot to hit more than it misses (like the triangle double tap in MW2) but that is still not skill:  that is knowledge of an aspect of the game and the weapon in use (which compliments what you said I think)

(and thanks again for the PM9 tips, I fricken love the gun now)

Yeah that description works for me The PM9 is a great gun it may not be technically better than the MP7 but it's my favourite SMG although the MP5 treated like an PM9 is load of fun to use.

rlbl

really... I may try it because I struggled using the MP5 one prestige.  Used it exclusively, got it gold, never used it again.

AVIT-U-TRAMP

PM9 is a hip fire beast, i only really use it on smaller maps like dome and seatown and the hip fire range and accuracy is immense!!!

monkeylord

rlbl wrote:

really... I may try it because I struggled using the MP5 one prestige.  Used it exclusively, got it gold, never used it again.

Yeah I used to treat it like the MP7 and hated it broke it out again as I finally nailed the PM9 challanges and thought screw it just whack on range and charge around for a while and when the lags on the MP5's hip fire forgives a lot of sins.

It's become the 1st gun I use across all maps.

wridtrvlr

Pure luck mixed with a insignificant amount of skill.

sennalike

The amount of lag in this game, any kill is a fluke.

I personally think no scoping is complete luck since when you run around and try to fire without any kind of aiming the bullet will fly off in numberous directions   ive found that quick scoping is a much better method when practiced. You can check out exactly how to do it and leave any tips of your own or any comments    ONENURBOOM on YOUTUBE to see just how effective quick scoping can be   once practiced  and just starting out.   Please let us know what you think.