17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2012 1:10 PM by Justin_IRE RSS

Kontrol Freek

misterck1

Kontrol Freek

any of you guys use these?

ive seen a few videos about these and decided to buy a set so just waiting on them to arrive.

would like to hear some opinions from people who already have them.

• Re: Kontrol Freek
    koivia

have them, love them, can't play with out them.  they are a nice addition in my opinion, and with the added boost to sensitivity (takes a game or two to get used to), they are great.  my sensitivity went from around a 5 to maxed in about 4 games.

RAMBONER

Same here....sensitivity is now maxed from a 4.  I bought them mainly cuz I am not a small guy and the controller wasnt confortable.  They did help with that a bunch which was the best part.

I mean for 10 bucks or so you cant go wrong.  Also they clip on super tight.  You would think that they would move around some but they dont....which is nice.

koivia

yes, i really play on 10.  i was playing between 5 and 7 brfore i got my freakz.  my only down side is that when i try to use my other controller for  FPS games, its a pain.  lol 

ramboner is right, they snap on really tight, no movement what-so-ever.  i think i might have given you the same info ram....cant remember tho.  lol

The real question on my mind: Do they really increase your accuracy like they claim to do? I have an 18.20% accuracy and would lke to bump that up to over 20. I currently play on sensitivity 6.

Also, there are different models, which ones would Kontrol Freek owners reccomend?

koivia

i'm not 100% on the boost to accuracy, but i do feel more accurate with them due to the fact that onscreen movement requires less thumb movement.  the best way i could maybe get an accuracy point across is to use sniping in HC, and i don't mean sh!tscoping.  most people say that to snipe effectively, you need a low sensitivity.  NOT SO!  i can snipe as effectively with my freakz on sensitivity on 10 as i can with my freakz and sensitivity on 4.

as for your other question, yes there are various models. here is the site:  http://www.kontrolfreek.com/FPS/FPS.asp

i run with the basic FPS, and love it.  got them for free so i can't complain. 

you can youtube search and find out more info, and some people on there will tell you to use a combination of the various models, but i don't really see a need for this. (just my opinion)

hope this helps and answers some more questions.

zombie-papa

I got the CQC freeks and i don't play a single game without them
      They really do work! my sensitivity settings are up to 7 now.

Using these almost doubled by KDR and (more importantly) the fun i have in this game!

Here's a link to get a 10% discount on their entire range  http://www.kontrolfreek.com/default.asp?aff=5488

Feel free to share this link with all your friends/clanmembers if you like

Yes i am an affiliate but no i do not earn money by giving out this link.

It might be allegable for some goodies if enough people use this link that i would like to use as prizes for internal competitions with my clan

SUM1SLY83

so people complain about rapid fire pads and say it's wrong and cheating but it's ok that you can use these things to get a better accuracy.

Get off your high horse kid. Provide an official link showing how these things are not allowed in online play or gtfo. With your mentality headsets should also be considered cheating because you can 'soundwhore'?

SUM1SLY83

kid lol didn't know that you know who i am,did i say it was cheating no i was just saying that people b!tch about using rapid fire pads and stickers on their tvs or headsets like you said.so STFU

residentstevil

Wow, that was a bit harsh, he only stated an opinion. Anyway @SUM1SLY83, I get where you are coming from but it's just like in sport, the athlete's are allowed to use different/preffered equipment to improve thier game as long as they don't stray outside the rules of competition. Headsets, Scuf control pads and Kontrol Freeks are all passed by MLG, rapid fire pads are not because they are cheap (I don't mean the price) and they are the equivalent of athlete's using steroids. In a nutshell Headsets, Scuf control pads and Kontrol Freeks still require the player to be skillful at the game, Rapid fire pads require that the player can camp in a corner, move the sticks and pull the trigger.

residentstevil

Wow, that was a bit harsh, he only stated an opinion. Anyway @SUM1SLY83, I get where you are coming from but it's just like in sport, the athlete's are allowed to use different/prefered equipment to improve thier game as long as they don't stray outside the rules of competition. Headsets, Scuf control pads and Kontrol Freeks are all passed by MLG, rapid fire pads are not because they are cheap (I don't mean the price) and they are the equivalent of athlete's using steroids. In a nutshell Headsets, Scuf control pads and Kontrol Freeks still require the player to be skillful at the game, Rapid fire pads require that the player can camp in a corner, move the sticks and pull the trigger.

MrZombieClowns

residentstevil wrote:

Wow, that was a bit harsh, he only stated an opinion. Anyway @SUM1SLY83, I get where you are coming from but it's just like in sport, the athlete's are allowed to use different/prefered equipment to improve thier game as long as they don't stray outside the rules of competition. Headsets, Scuf control pads and Kontrol Freeks are all passed by MLG, rapid fire pads are not because they are cheap (I don't mean the price) and they are the equivalent of athlete's using steroids. In a nutshell Headsets, Scuf control pads and Kontrol Freeks still require the player to be skillful at the game, Rapid fire pads require that the player can camp in a corner, move the sticks and pull the trigger.

In addition, I assume you must reprogram your muscle memory when using Kontrol Freaks
      MrZombieClowns

If people want to spend their money using modified controllers, so be it. Those people will still need to accurately aim. I would see more of a demand for an "auto 360" button for quickscopers than I would rapid fire. Apologies if I just gave someone an idea.

If I had the opportunity to use a controller in which the buttons could be mapped to my liking, I'd probably try one out. I do see how a rapid fire button could be considered cheating.

To those who would like rapid fire. On one of my accounts I have leveled up to somewhere in the high 70s so far, on that account I have not fired any weapon other than a handgun. My KD is pretty bad, around .60-.65. I will say my trigger finger is much faster and consistent. Point being, If you want rapid fire, practice. There is a difference in doing better and being better.

Also, diy semi-Kontrol-Freak. Visit a hardware store, locate the furniture slider area. You should find tack like items that nail to the bottom of table or chair feet. drill a hole centered on whichever stick youd like to protrude more. If you need more of a description than this, dont try it.

Justin_IRE

Same as a few others posted, my sensitivity went from about 4 to 9 at the moment. Best way to get used to them is play solo on special ops.

I didnt think they would make that much of a difference, only got them as a laught, but now I would swear by them.

Justin_IRE

just to add,

I have mine a month or two now and are starting to slip.. (using Elite's) every now and them ill be in the middle of a gun fight and then pop! now it could be down to my controller being so old.. but just letting you know.

also a warning, if you lose them (after getting used to them) it will be next to impossible for you to play without them.