18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2012 12:24 PM by SUM1SLY83 RSS

is this my ps3 or mw3

SUM1SLY83

i'm having a problem when online every game i play after about 5mins in a match my screen goes black and kicks me out of game but when the screen goes black i can still get on the xmb then the screen comes back on and says disc read error.

is the game doing this for anyone else i have 2 copies of mw3 and it does it with both discs.i don't want to have to back up everything on my ps3 to send it back if it's a problem with mw3 and not my ps3.

• Re: is this my ps3 or mw3

It was happening to me all the time too. I restored the file system, its still corrupt though. I have 2 ps3s and 2 mw3s so i just swapped discs. This solved my problem. My brother was having the same and he just bought a new disc. His was scratched too.

Nugatu

Go to best buy and buy a dvd cleaner. Its $20 but its worth it. I did not have that problem after I clean the laser.

SUM1SLY83

it would be a long way for me to go for a dvd cleaner lol as i'm from england and we don't have a best buy.guess i'll try that though because my hd is near full and i don't have anything to back up 350gb of data on i hate when your ps3 breaks it's a lot of f-ing around when you get a new ps3.

guess it must be my laser though as i was just playing then and now my ps3 has froze on an in game screen.

Please don't use cleaners for your disc drive on the ps3. They will destroy your bly-ray lens!!! There is only one that works, It's from MAXXWEL with vortex tech. The are new on the market and hard to get in Europe. It works with little holes in the disc that creates little vortexes of air to clean the lens, all chemical and brushes based cleaners are killers for your bly-ray lens!

xxphenomen4xx

not sure, because it's never hapened to me.  but when something like that happens to me i check the disk for smudges.  when tehre are smudges i clean them and occasionally it will fix the problem.  other than thet, maybe your system is getting hot?  mine started getting hot to the touch right under on off switch so i stood it up and put it on the window sill!?

AKi_nG

It was happening to me every game, I had a burn in ring on my disc, would play spec ops at all. I took my game back and exchanged it for another MW3....now works perfectly as well as the specs ops. Go exchange it for another copy is my opinion!!

wridtrvlr

A buddy of mine that I play with sometimes has this happen all the time.  Suddenly, he'll be gone from the match and I'll get a "F'in disc read error!!!" message from him.  He can only play like 1 out of 10 matches to completion.  I feel bad for him. 

bumsonmyporch

I've had this problem about 3 times in the past 2 days.  My disc, however, is spotless with no scrathces.  I'm not convinced it's fingerprints because most games you take in and out occasionaly get a little smudge from time to time.  I will wipe mine with my shirt (remember to wipe from the inside hole of the disc in an outward motion.  I've heard other ways can scratch it)

I'm thinking its overheting the system.  When the read error happens, and I take the disk out, the disc is really warm.  When I pull the PS3 out of the entertainment center and set it on the floor, and start the game back up, the read error doesn't happen.  I'll get back with you later to confirm this!

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

Since patch 1.16 I have had disc read errors and screen freeze, at first it was just my first game then it became the first 3 games.  However the last couple of days it as been spot on the only problem being kicked from the lobby at the end of most games (but at least I am getting my score and bonus), Until tonight first game almost finished 'Screen Freeze' aaarrrggghh.

I played Cod4 a few days ago and although only happened once 'screen freeze', all my disc's are like new in perfect condition.