30 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2012 12:27 PM by Datura RSS

FAD TDM MOAB Gameplay, yay!

Hey all, here's some gameplay with the FAD on TDM getting a moab. Should be a nice break from the typical DOM videos. Did a live voice over as well. Hope you enjoy. Thanks.

• Re: FAD TDM MOAB Gameplay, yay!

What do you guys think of the FAD? Underrated perhaps? 

gambit1969

Nice one...

Salem_in_Chains

Im just happy its not another objective game or a lame fake MOAB.

Glad its in TDM where people have to earn thier MOABs instead of shooting objective players in teh back like that takes skill. +1!

misterck1

well played fella...

not a big fan of the FAD, doesnt seem to work that well for me as it seems to always take me almost a full clip to put someone down.

Good gameplay but why exactly did you post a Xbox 360 MOAB on the PS3 forum?

ogmantis

superb

Not too shabby sir.

RAMBONER

Nice work man.....never stopped moving and I gotta say the live commentary is so much better then when its added later.  Its cool to hear what you are thinking as it happens.

Nice work.

On the FAD I love the gun.  I run it in my Overkill class with my PM9.  Its the fastest of the ARs so hip firing cqc its really good.  I only play dom and my PM9 isnt the best defensive weapon while I am capping a flag (due to range) and the FAD is fast enough it doesnt bog me down when I keep it as my main and run around with it.

Also very cool to see a TDM MOAB where that is exactly what you are supposed to do.  So sick of non-obj killwhores doing them in dom and half of the time they lose. 

ghamorra

This live commentary was by far my favorite. You have such a good sense of humor, great job

Yo celtic, cool man yeah I'll probably keep posting videos on both sides, it's the best place to share gameplay on the net really. Glad you thought it was cool, are you saying people are setting up TDM moabs?

Yeah, you're right Ramboner, it's great in cqc as it's fire rate is super high and you do move a bit faster it seems than the other AR's. Ive actually got used to using it at further distances too, just takes a bit more shots than the other ones.

Thanks mantis and ghamorra, glad you got something positive out of it. Meow.

Yes that is what I am saying. This little 14 year old kid, Gamer Hurricane if I'm not mistaken, continues to put his domination and S&D MOABs on here. He guarantees everybody in the lobby YouTube fame if they don't kill him or rage quit. So when you watch his videos, you see he has split screeners who don't even know what they are doing. Either they are completely stupid or they are acting like it for this little ****. The whole entire forum community is fed up with him and we continue to tell him to go away. But he continues to create different accounts and post his videos over and over

spankhiccup

Nice!! I wish my FAD killed like that. I have a few MOAB's all in TDM. As you say its the hardest mode to get them in.

I used to like the FAD, i used a prestige token on it on my first prestige, then just went off it. Its too weak at long range. I was 1 off a MOAB with it, died by a headglitcher on hardhat grrrrr

Well, usually the FAD doesn't kill like that or any gun, just got that unusual good connection. Although TDM seems a little bit better than it has been, but still very inconsistent.

Yeah at long range it does take several more shots than other AR's, I'm just used to it. If there are more than one bad guy though shooting at you from a long distance you might as well C4 yourself.  Damn, one away? Headglitching that forklift thing or the stacked boxes maybe?

spankhiccup

I find you have to be really accurate with the FAD aswell.

As you spawn, to the left of A dom. The little box thing, he was headglitching over that. I killed the 23rd person by the forkilft truck, camped th corner for a minute for my last kill, got nothing. My team mate told me " watch out spank a guy is headglitching  the box down their". I ran out pummled his head, and all i got was hitmarkers then died. My own fault was too impatient lol. Its in my theatre

Nice aimbot you got there. It's quite obvious! Also posting a Xbox in a ps3 forum... Great job hacker

spankhiccup

Its nice to ba called a hacker. I'd take that as a compliment

I have that problem too, I'm just too impatient. Cheated myself out of a lot of better games because of that. Ohwell, can't change that, I love trying to pick off head glitchers's heads, but usually end up dieing.  TDM has been playing better for me just recently, just got another awesome game with the mk14. Maybe they're slowly fixing the horrible lag.

Mahawk, I'm just posting gameplay, sorry if that bothers you. As for "hacker".. cmon man, lighten up and dont hate!

I know man, I'm thinking about getting a ps3 as well here soon, so maybe it will be possible one day, heh. That's awesome you got two moabs with the mk, it's a great weapon, one of my favorites as well.  I primarily play TDM, that's where most of my time has went, but I used to play a lot of FFA, and have been playing a ton of FFA Gunplay or whatever it's called lately.

Im starting to run the FAD a little more,

Have you got any tips? Attachments and perks that run well with it?

No offence mate but are you using a Xim3 with mouse and keyboard? I can hear the clickety-clacks of the keyboard quite clearly for strafing+fwd/back movements but absolute silence for viewlook movement, even for sudden left right looks which should also emit a sound from your right stick. But its silent just like a mouse would be of course. Example is listening between 2:10 - 2:40.

But tbh the main suspect is jitter near the deadzone area when you perform tiny movements. Its jaggy near the deadzone with miniscule movements with a high variance in sensitivity on larger movements, characteristic of a mouse calibrated via a Xim3 unit. Normally for controller users the movements always translates with clean,linear x,y directional shunts that we all perform when playing FPS games with respective xbox/ps3 controllers.

I play on PC heavily so I'm very familiar with the visual differences/giveaways between controller use and mouse/keyboard on FPS games. Whats your opinion on Xim3 use?

Datura, nothing to be offended by sir. Yes you are correct about the XIM3.  I thought someone would notice the clickety-clackety haha! =) The reason why it's not linear or 1:1 movement is because I'm not using what they call the "smart" translators which DO provide perfect 1:1 linear movement.

I'm using a custom configuration where I can choose my own deadzone as you noticed, so it feels a little bit more like when I played on PC, just feels better to me.

After I saw the article in XBOX magazine, in I think was october of 2011, I was super intrigued. I hadn't gamed for years on the PC and got an xbox because I had so many buddies that did. So after picking this up I was back in my comfort zone and was able to enjoy playing on a console.

This is absolutely the best adapter out there, very versatile, you can use many differen't devices to which you prefer and what makes you most comfortable. It has a great community that is very helpful and it makes other adapters look horrible in my opinion. And if you want perfectly 1:1 movement, there is no other adapter at the moment that can provide that, it just didn't feel as good for me, but a lot of people prefer that kind of movement.

For all you PS3 players they have a device called XIMEDGE that's releasing soon and you can use that directly with the PS3 without the need of an adapter. It also works on Xbox. You can check it out at xim3.com

Haha yeah I can instantly recognise the sound of a keyboard, sounds like a mech KB. Cheers for being frank about it, I presumed it was a bit taboo to admit using adapters. Your PC to xbox FPS background sounds very similar to mine (and I suspect many others) so I understand the desire to retain the mouse/KB setup. I didn't want to detract your thread into a discussion on adapter devices so I started my own and I've noted your input on it. Cheers for the info and nice gameplay!