42 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 3:12 PM by PifGlopGlop RSS

Todays Topic: Whats in a Name > PSN name that is.

Izjar11

Its FRIDAY!!!

I try to post a different subject on Fridays to get out of the monotony of what most speak about. Well I was thinking what can we talk about and I was remembering a game that I had recently and what caught my attention.

First let me admit that I don't have the best psn name out there which is egotrip7809 its an old highschool name I used, and I kept it for my multiplayer experience.

But lately I've been paying attention to others names:  Names with words such as swagg, I am God, youcantbeatme, and so one.

Some are truly funny others curious,  but it all falls into place when a voice crackles from that name and all douchy hell breaks loose.

Living in South Florida  you have to deal with multiple ones, here are what douchey traits are like:

Pride in being an idiot

Laughable overestimation of likability, intelligence

Lack of basic empathy marked by things like enjoying others misfortunes and/or bathing in cheap cologne.

Wearing graphics with tigers, large cats on clothing

I hope not to insult anyone just some food for thought.

• Re: Todays Topic: Whats in a Name > PSN name that is.

My username is Muscle-Milk-KTM. Muscle Milk is a protein shake sold in the USA, I haven't seen it in the UK. KTM is an Austrian moto x bike. Why the 2 together? Well, because I follow moto x in a big way and young brit called Tommy Searle went over to America to race and rode for a team called: Muscle Milk KTM. I liked the way it sounded so I chose it as my user name. Simple.

RodCorn64

Being a Christian I chose my name (Pale-Rider64) from the Bible from Revelation 6:8 "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth." I just wish I was a better player and better represented the Angel of Death.

Izjar11

Interesting, biblical based name.

RodCorn64 wrote:

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

I'm not religious, but I like that, lol, it sounds nice, I like reading about the 4 horsemen and stuff, haha!.

Erm, anyways, my name 'Bugglefluff' was because my Dad got me my PS3 with MW2 and he said that if I wanted to play online I'd have to set up an account and that name was the first thing that popped into my head at the time and it made me laugh.

TheBeastlyDude

My PSN name "TheBeastlyDude" was chosen as a joke. I have never had a 1.0 or higher KDR on any COD since I started with W@W and since Sony took it upon themselves to ban my first username (ToeF*kUrFace), I made this name to crack myself up over since I am anything but beastly on COD.

WolfRidge

My PSN is named after my bike Wolf Ridge 6.7, I removed the space, it's also a trail in California which we biked a few years ago whilst on holiday, I'm from UK

http://www.marin.co.uk/wp-marin/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/wolf.jpg

wridtrvlr

Thanks for the post ego!!!   And Happy Friday to you as well.  We made it!!

Anywho, my PSN is wridtrvlr.  Funky, I know.  But it has really grown on me.  So, when I first started playing PS3, it was on a much smaller screen (20") and I mistook the "i" for an "l"...

My psn was supposed to be wrldtrvlr - "world travler" with out vowels.  I never even noticed until a couple of old buddies in MW2 pointed it out.  I choose that name because I love traveling and pride myself on having been to all of the continents except for Asia and Antarctica. 

Now people call me "wrid" or "traveler" when online.  I love the name now and I am really glad that I made that little typo. 

monkeylord

I've chosen our next psn for BOPs 2 based on the old ladies play style it's mach5trex purely because she's one of thoese if you stop moving she can't see you and most likely just charge on by.

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

Hi ego, where do I begin, I restarted gaming after a 20 year break, 2 yrs ago I bought my PS and also picked up Waw as I was brought up with WWII as a kid, my first account was marathonrunner as I have always enjoyed sport and running in particular, however I joined a hacked lobby and thus I created my now account.

I-Iz-Th3-On3 why did I pick this, god only knows, I created on the spur of moment with the intention of changing at a later date (ie like on xbox), however I was prestige 10 on BO when I looked to change and was suitably not impressed that no changes are allowed.  I had gone too far to start a new account so thats my story.

U_ABOUT_TO_DIE

Hey I know you, I was in your clan for a week and your on my psn friends list. My psn id is U_ABOUT_TO_DIE. My other account is xTrollin_Unicorn. I'm also in Florida to.

Hi lzjar.

Nice topic. Like you i get fed up of same threads over and over again with same rants, etc.

Anyway, my PSN name is Wile_ECoyote2010

Didn't really know what to choose, and I've always been a fan of RoadRunner cartoons since I was a kid. I'm 36 now and still enjoy them lol.

The 2010 is the year I got my PS3. Wish I hadn't put that now but can't change it once you've made your account. I didn't know that till after it had accepted it.

I've played all COD's online from MW1.

MW1 - Prestige 5, WAW haven't prestiged once yet as I can't get a game that isn't hacked. Shame cos I like that game. MW2 - prestige 6, BLOP's prestige 5 but trying to get to 7 before BLOP's 2 is out. MW3 - prestige 6, going to 8 before BLOP's 2 is out.

I've actually been in a lobby with someone called roadrunner on BLOP's a few times lol. Better than me aswell. I class myself as an average player.

Lastly, I like the funny names i've seen in lobbies. Can't remember any at moment but one of the funniest I saw was on MW1. I had to laugh when a messsage popped up saying "you've killed trumpettrousers".

When the PS3 first came out and you had to choose a username it took me awhile to think of something. You know how they always say don't tell strangers your address, well, I got bored and did it. Just my name and address, been using that username for years now(don't like having multiple usernames to remember lol).

xxphenomen4xx

otiginally i just wanted WARLORD, but it was taken, so i tried W4RLORD, because it was trendy five years ago to sub numbers for letter, and i just wanted to fit in, but that didn't work either.  i then choose IIxxW4RLORDxxII, and i havn't changed it since?  xbox lets you pay to change your name without loosing your data, so i choose, from dunjensdeath, to IFROGM4NI, VxW4RPATHxV, P2EACHER, , and many others, but the one i liked the most was IIxDR4GONxII.  if i could do it all over i would go with REAPER WARLORD

opb81

opb81 did it in a hurry when I first got my ps3, I play other games so I did not want something specific to one game. OPB came from my screen name on a large golf forum I have been a member for years on with close to 4k posts on. Oneputtblunder the 81 is my old ice hockey number. Many of my friends from the site just shortened it to OPB when they reply to me.

ChugginIPA  Very simple. I like drinking india pale ales.

SUM1SLY83

my 1st account was DIABOLIC when i played resistance fall of man but i changed it because i was pretty good at the game back then and i got nothing but hate mail after every game.

so i changed my account to SUM1UHATE and my wife changed her's to SUM1ULOVE that's how are clan started, it was good on resistance fall of man because when you killed someone it said on their screen you got killed by SUM1UHATE or SUM1ULOVE or if they killed you it said you killed SUM1UHATE or SUM1ULOVE,but we both lost are accounts when psn got hacked because we both used fake emails.

so that brings me to my name now we had to think of a new name that started with SUM1 as everyone in are clan starts their name like that, my wife keeps calling me SLY because she always thinks i'm up2 no good when she doesn't know what i'm doing so that's how my new name was born SUM1SLY.

I'll let the cat out the bag just this once.

Crunch1200, well it goes way back to about 1994ish. When AOL was in its prime. I needed a screen name the first time I logged into it. Couldn't think of one, there was a crunch bar in front of me, think it was around Halloween, so there it became. The 1200, sounded like a nice round number.

As for my PSN game tag. I take them from movies, a bit of a movie geek. I always seem to change it up for new games. Except COD4 was crunch1200, MW2 was Van_Damage007, along with BO's.

For MW3 its GuidothKillaPIMP. Alot of people think I'm from Jersey, with my accent and the name I guess, but I'm not. Again its from a movie. Risky Business, just in case you didn't know. Don't bother searching elite for that name I had to use some ingenuity for the PIMP part to get that through.

azn_chic

azn_chic89

First because I'm Asian and second because I'm a girl. (Didn't realize when I first made the account that I'd get harrassed for being a girl online LOL) Third, born in '89.

I still get questions like, "Are you really Asian?" "Are you really a girl?"

Or comment like "A-Z-N Chic..." then one of my clan mates will be like "it's Asian" Haha

sennalike

I'm an F1 fan and I created the account to play GT5, not CoD.

SULLY130EighT

My PSN is SULLY130EighT

Sully being short for Sullivan. So to clear things up I'm not a fan of Godsmack.

138 is the name of a graf crew I was in the 90's, based in Boston MA. It's named after a Misfits song.

MaconBacon

My psn is MaconBacon4.

I get it alot that my name is funny, stupid(stupid because i spelled "making" wrong), and very creative.

Alot of people see my name and assume i'm some fat kid that loves bacon because it's in my name but i strictly made it because i think its funny.

Then the 4 at the end is only because i played a computer game way back during name creation that required you to put a number and i kept the same name on ps3.

I have two accounts...

The first is LSUdood, as i'm an ex student and rabid LSU sports fan. That account is 17th prestige, lvl 74. But I got bored with running & gunning and chasing down campers full time, so I opened a second account which is purely for my sniping pleasure, which is RaginCajun37, no prestige yet lvl 64 which is simple... i'm cajun and get a lot of raging comments towards me due to my sniping, and i'm 37 yrs old.

Nothing fancy like all of y'alls names, but then again us cajuns are a simple people... good thread though, it's fun reading what's behind everyones name.

RAMBONER

My origional gamertag is COCARR....

Long story here so rub your eyes haaa....

I played TW golf for years and years and one day my brother (10 years younger) was at my house and I told him "man I swear I am the best in the world at this game, I dont think anyone could beat me"  He says "why dont you try it online and see"

Me-"I aint payin for that ****"

Him-"its free dumbass"

So me bein the computer dumbass I am he set it up for me and I used a merge of my first and last name, thinking I could change it later.  Needless to say I was far from the best in the world....LOL...although I did crack the top 100 in 2010...anyway...

My partner and I at the firehouse used to play tiger after work hours and one day threw in bops (my wife bought if for me 6 months earlier and i hated it) ...well... we were hooked.  Bad part is we had to play split screen on a tiny little tv and I played with the #1 controller (top) so everytime 1 of my (seemed like 100) tiger friends would get off or online the notification would cover 80% of my screen.  Talk about annoying....so I  Created RAMBONE and only added my 6 fire buddies who played.  It was merely an attempt at some form of RAMBO humor......I do get a lot of people talking in lobbies for sure though they are usually talking trash haaa...

When I came from the bops forums to here my RAMBONE log in wouldnt work so I had to create the new one I use.

PifGlopGlop (I am French)

I have two accounts too ..

The first one is "amarhys", the same name as a free adventure game I'am developping for my pleasure during my leisure time. Then I suddenly became aware that people who are waiting for the game to be finished and who are playing CoD too could be unhappy to see me spending time on CoD instead of working hard on Amarhys game development

Then I switched to PifGlopGlop to remain anonymous . "Pif Gadget" is an old French comic strip for young kids which was coming every monthes to newsdealer with a platic gadget to build by yourself (maybe known outside France too). Pif is the hero, he's a detective dog and he always says "Glop Glop" when he finds something interesting for the investigation. I don't know why I have chosen this pseudo, I was looking for something not too serious, and Pif suddenly came in my mind, so why not