1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 10:13 AM by SitRepPro Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

Good post op!

In this game I see quickdraw as a counter of assasin pro. If your enemy is using assasin pro you mostly see him/her a bit late, quickdraw counters the time you missed seeing him.

Aah well, just a thought of a not so experienced player.

• 41. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar
    -CrazyMoFo-

All these pathetic excuse for gamers want nowadays is to always know where every enemy is and to be able to sight up and kill said enemy instantly.

I blame the cancer of the gaming industry, the consoles. These console children have always played single player games against AI bots along with an auto aim feature. AI bots that are stupidly easy to memorize and know exactly where they all are.

These single player games give the player a sense of being some bad a** supersoldier who can mow through 500 enemies with a pistol and knife.

You can't achieve that feeling while playing a multiplayer game like CoD because you are up against other people with varying levels of skill, and no auto aim to automatically lock onto your targets.

Online multiplayer gaming is still relatively new to consoles, and alot of the console kiddies still want that singleplayer supersoldier feeling in their multiplayer game. They want to know where every enemy is and be able to be on top of the scoreboard every time. That is the ONLY reason for anyone to want ghost, assassin/blind eye, etc nerfed in any way.

People with skill adapt and enjoy the game for what it is, a fast paced shooter where you are up against real people and your skills are actually tested, and over time you become a better player.

People who suck can't adapt, and rage at the fact that they are no longer gods gift to gaming (as the stupid AI and aim assist has led them to believe) thus when something like the SR71 is introduced (which is nothing more than a wallhack) they all suddenly want that SR71 effect all the time 24/7. (and many resort to actual hacking to achieve that effect)

In reality, ghost was UNDERPOWERED in BO, and yet they nerfed it into TWO perks for MW3... and the children STILL complain....

Every single person who has ever cried about ghost, assassin, blind eye, etc, is only crying and complaining because they suck at fps games and want to have SR71 type wallhacks so they can think they're skilled.

• 42. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar
    dibbul

Assassin should be immune to UAV only.(Maybe Heartbeat sensors too) No problem with staying off of UAV, but players should be able to detect you in other ways. Plus, the no red name or crosshair makes it easy to play dead, so I reckon that should be gone too. Immune to CUAV and EMP is fine.

• 43. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

Eh radar spam is annoying, but assassin does a little too much. It shouldn't have immunity to counters and emps, blindeye should have that. Campers are going to use the perk, but whatever, you have to take that in your stride. I don't think it's too overpowered, just that perks in the tier can't compete with it. If you made Blast shield resist stuns and flashes and explosives like flak jacket and tac mask did, you would have a strong contender in the red tier, if you made overkill have 2 proficiencies on the primary when pro you would have a strong contender, hardline and quickdraw are fin as is. I don't think it's terrible atm, but if could do with a little rebalancing. It's not that Assassin is OP, it's that it has very little competetion in the face of radar spam.

• 44. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar
    SitRepPro

Agreed.  When I first started playing I thought no falling damage with Dead Silence Pro would go to Blast Shield since it relates to the ehalth of the player who uses it.

I'm a bit miffed as to why all killstreaks being destroyed are created equally though.  I get one point for destroying an Osprey Gunner while I still get one point for taking out a UAV.  Osprey Gunners can be a right nuisance to take down and I have to be lucky to bring them down quickly.  I wouldn't mind so much if they were called in normally as supposed to the luck of the random care package.

• 45. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar
    that6uy420

quickdraw is leaps and bounds above assassin...  hiding from the red dot chasers isn't that important

• 46. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

Tailor*

The only thing i think they should do is put HBT Sensor and Portable Radar on DS instead of Assassin to balance out some things, like it was in MW2.

• 47. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar
    that6uy420

Therapyy x TF wrote:

Tailor*

The only thing i think they should do is put HBT Sensor and Portable Radar on DS instead of Assassin to balance out some things, like it was in MW2.

so you want to not be heard, not be seen, have no fall dmg, and be able to reduce effects of recon....  all on one perk...

• 48. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar
    SitRepPro

You mean bring back Barebones Pro?

I'd gladly play it myself but people love their perks and kilsltreaks too much.

• 49. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar
    9v9me

I agree completely.  Idk the exact numbers for average UAVs called per match, but I'm sure it's pretty staggering.  And as a longtime Unreal player (where there is NO RADAR whatsoever) if I can find a way to lose the Pac-man players, I'm taking that route. 

I see no reason as to why someone with 1 kill and 5 deaths should see everyone on their radar.  That is completely asinine.  Also to those saying there's no counter, unless you are blind, you know you could always just look at them and shoot them.....I'm just saying.....