1 2 3 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 7:36 PM by Amirror RSS

EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?

I feel that the EMP grenade is not good compared to other tactical grenades, and is the least used. The blast radius is also smaller than a flash or stun. I thought up of 3 ways that can make the EMP grenade better and on par with other tactical equipment.

1. Start out with 2 EMP Grenades instead of 1 Grenade. (best choice)

2. Allow Scavenger to resupply EMP grenades.

3. Make it do more damage against Killstreaks and/or have a longer EMP effect on people.

(I'm not asking for all 3 of these to happen, but only one of these buffs should be done.)

Comments are appreciated.

Option 1 is the best in my opinion.

EDIT: Also, the EMP Grenade has NO effect on Assassin Pro users.

• 1. Re: EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?
    JTSN

NO!

• 2. Re: EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?
    Noob_Lyncher

More damage against killstreaks? It's an instakill for streaks that it hits. They should let you have 2, and they should increase the radius some.

• 3. Re: EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?

I agree, EMP grenades are underused bc of the fact that you only get one, and your not always gonna run into equipment. Why use a EMP on a claymore when you can stun n run? They dont have as much of an incentive to use. So what if the enemy cant use his red dot for a lil bit? I can knife turrets and sams...IMS are usually dead before you hit it again...They are horrible.

• 4. Re: EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?

Noob_Lyncher wrote:

More damage against killstreaks? It's an instakill for streaks that it hits. They should let you have 2, and they should increase the radius some.

It takes multiple EMP grenades to destroy an Assault Drone.

Sure it works against some streaks, but whats the point if you can just use a stun or flash and knife it?

EDIT: Only on the Wii Version it instakills all possible killstreaks.

• 5. Re: EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?
    coltfirearms

The idea behind EMP grenades is ridiculous anyway.

• 6. Re: EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?
    JerryEveryday

Definitely underused. Sucks they only give you 1 or else I would ditch the flashbangs.

• 7. Re: EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?
    bawi

I love this Mini EMP. I tend to use it in fire fights because it's quick and provides just the right amount of distraction for me to get my kill and move on. Plus, it's always a ***** to get to a sentry and take it out (atleast for me it is), so this saves me sometimes.

I think it only makes sense for it to get two.

(Plus, I love using this thing to take out recon drones.)

• 8. Re: EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?
    nicedrewishfela

I am a big fan of the EMP grenade. A buddy and I switched over to them one night after a frustrating match on Blackbox in which the entire other team sat in corners sniping with trophy systems. We jumped into a private match and tested their capabilitie, and I have been using it ever since.

Someone earlier in this thread argued they are useless as you can stab or shoot killstreaks or equipment, but part of the problem is getting close enough to do so. The EMP usually opens the door for being able to clear campers out of their corners and holes. I have used it to take out Recon Drones, but agree that its still almost impossible to kill Assault drones with them. I've even hit A6 Overwatches with them. I think its a key thing for at least one member of each team to carry, it helps clear out campers and take out frustrating kill streaks like the Sentry gun. I kind of wish I got 2 of them, but since killing a streak counts as a kill towards streaks on Support I think that might make them somewhat overpowered.

• 9. Re: EMP Grenade Underused and Underpowered?
    Swaggin412

Two things to fix:

1) increase the starting amount to 2 emp nades

2) 1 hit kill for assault drones

1 2 3 Previous Next