1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 73 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 8:56 PM by nuttin2say Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.
    nicedrewishfela

Agreed, and the smoke in this game doesn't seem all that effective. I've not had much success with it.

• 41. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.
    starbuckfrack

You get an old map revised and given to us free and people complain.

They want a DIFFERENT map for example.

The reason I am sure they give us one is to try new weapons , gametypes etc to play it on.

At least THIS time you dont have one shot tubes everywhere.

Look at the good side. They didnt charge us for it like some of the old DLCs.

If we had to pay for it then RIGHT we should complain but the fact they gave it to use as a gift, it still comes down to the thought that counts. Its not like your parents giving you ANOTHER turtle neck sweater for when it gets cold in South Texas Then you have to wear that thing until you go back home

Sure sometimes an enemy holding off one side of the map sucks, like that one time on Jungle when they held the riverbed side and wiped us out. But thats the part of the game. I like getting our butts kicked as well as wiping the floor with noobs.

I dont think though that it matters if the map is old or new. People are going to learn all the good points in the map regardless if its day 1 or day 1000 of the map. Regardless if the "update the map" or not.

----------------------

And even though I also get long winded I think it is usually better to generalized in the first few sentences and then get into the meat of the issue. That way people dont just skim over the wall of text.

I try to post with a new sentence when adjusting the point. Dont know if it works or not.

It was a good read for people interested in the subject but I think maybe with the type of people in the forum it needs to be structured a little more.

PS I know this last part is like calling the kettle black but just an opinion as well

Fior example

"...to go backward, I want something new and innovative. My second reason is that..."

Should probably have went like this

"...to go backward, I want something new and innovative.

My second reason is that..."

• 42. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.
    nicedrewishfela

Good points, all. And yeah it was free... still not worth it to me :-) I used paragraphs, but the post always looks different in the editing than it does when its posted for sure.

• 43. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.

i think its lazy on IW 's part . we paid for old maps on MW2 , memba ? even if its free , it still is OLD . i mean , did we have to pay for old dlc on Black Ops ?! no , there wasnt round house or any other map from WAW .i guess we will have to wait and see if TREY makes us buy old maps on BO2 ....hope not . done with that game and its sh***y spawns . cept for nuketown , though ...right ? no crappy spawns there lol !

• 44. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.
    nicedrewishfela

That was part of my point. Treyarch did re-makes of some old maps (See Hangar and Nuketown 2025), but never released old maps on new games.

• 45. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.

I like Terminal, but it's a campfest in MW3. It's all about camping the plane now and it's frustrating.

• 46. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.
    nicedrewishfela

I have often wondered what the statistics are, on HC TDM (since thats what I play mostly) or TDM in general, what the win percentage for the team that spawns up top is as opposed to the win percentage for the team spawning in the lower terminal.

I'd be surprised if the team that spawned up top didn't have a significant advantage in the wins column.

• 47. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.

trialstardragon wrote:

They could or reversed the map direction kept everything the same but basically flipped it. had the plane on the other of where it is now.

That... would've actually been a pretty good idea, but most people would rant about that.

• 48. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.
    starbuckfrack

natas1971 wrote:

i think its lazy on IW 's part . we paid for old maps on MW2 , memba ? even if its free , it still is OLD . i mean , did we have to pay for old dlc on Black Ops ?! no , there wasnt round house or any other map from WAW .i guess we will have to wait and see if TREY makes us buy old maps on BO2 ....hope not . done with that game and its sh***y spawns . cept for nuketown , though ...right ? no crappy spawns there lol !

Yes we did have to buy old maps with Black Ops. It was called Cliffside. It was part of the Annihilation map pack we paid for.

You dont want the gift then dont take it.

• 49. Re: Terminal proving why bringing back old maps is NOT a good idea.

Thats what I have maintained about the map, spawn at the metal detectors: unbalanced advantage.

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next