1 2 3 Previous Next 70 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 12:54 AM by xMRxNemo RSS

What is the point?

TheSurgeon83

I don't normally rage playing MW3, it's a game after all. However today, a 'team mate' (Atomic x CrayZe) thought it would be funny to block me in a corner so I couldn't get the care package I'd just called in (Osprey Gunner), the net result being we both got killed and someone nicked the care package. This has never happened to me before, and I can't figure out what the point of it was? I sent him a message post game and got a reply of 'U mad bro?' Why do people like this bother playing?

• 1. Re: What is the point?

Shouldn't have been in the corner.

• 2. Re: What is the point?
    TheSurgeon83

So you don't duck out the way while waiting for a care package? Standing in the open waiting for it to arrive doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

• 3. Re: What is the point?

I don't use care packages (I think they're a little unfair). If I were to call them in, I wouldn't go into a corner so I could avoid situations such as the one you listed above. People tend to trap campers in corners (myself included because they deserve it) so that player might've thought you were camping and wanted some justice.

• 4. Re: What is the point?

I can tell you have no idea what you're talking about.

• 5. Re: What is the point?
    nicedrewishfela

Surgeon, unfortunately there is a small community of trolls out there that find it funny to exploit the game and frustrate their fellow players. Its a scumbag thing to do, and there is no good reason for it. I'll never understand the "fun" in causing others distress, but for whatever reason or rationale in their sick minds they think its amusing,

Unfortunately there is no recourse for this. There is no way to combat it. The previous commentor was a little rude in stating that you shouldn't have been in the corner, a smart player takes cover when using killstreaks or reloading or escaping enemy fire. I'd have trouble feeling sorry for you if you were sitting in there for the bulk of the game, even though it would still be uncalled for by this idiotic troll.

I usally report the player for exploiting after the match. In my mind its a clear definition of what exploiting means... taking a game mechanic and abusing. Its equivalent to camping in a glitch spot. Not sure they are doing anything about it, unfortunately.

Its even worse in Hardcore now that they have made it 100% Ricochet. It used to be that if some jerk did this you could team kill them and take the 100 point loss, now if it happens you are helpless. Wish IW would consider this... Why is it when one of my stray bullets strikes a teammate I either die or take damage, but they can go around destroying teammates' equipment and blocking them in corners?

Trolls will be trolls. I'm afraid thats not the only one you will encounter. Just report and move on.

• 6. Re: What is the point?

So basically, you don't know how to read proper English?

• 7. Re: What is the point?
    nicedrewishfela

Honestly, there is no excuse for acting like that in game. Everyone has their own play style, doing that reflects more on you and your character than the so-called "camper". Reprehensible behavior.

• 8. Re: What is the point?

"The previous commentor was a little rude in stating that you shouldn't haven been in the corner..."

What are you, seven? I merely told him that he shouldn't have been there because people tend to do those things.

How could you possibly think what I said was rude?

• 9. Re: What is the point?
    TheSurgeon83

Thanks for the response, I figured people did things like this but it's never happened to me. For the record, I am in no way, shape, or form a camper. They're the lowest form of scum, but that's a discussion for another day. Next time it happens I'll cook a grenade to get myself out of it at the cost of dying.

1 2 3 Previous Next