13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2012 7:08 PM by Xx-Dragonjack-xX RSS

Why are the MW3 servers lagging so bad?

LiL_RaGEz

I thought it was my connection, but I noticed I was not the only one experiencing the lag.

• Re: Why are the MW3 servers lagging so bad?
    ragemode_E

The only servers MW3 has for ps3 is matchmaking servers putting us together in rooms. Any connection issues while playing a match is due to your, the hosts, others in the room, or lag compensation connection issues.

- http://www.youtube.com/user/ragemodeengage

iAmEFFeX

It's been especially bad for me tonight, but we've come to expect this. Some nights it runs great, others it doesn't. As far as I'm concerned though the latest patch was a step backwards, but what can we do, posting the same threads over and over doesn't make a difference.

Just ignore the lag.  That's what the developers are doing.

Just give them more money and everyone will be happy.

Well I'm glad to see it is not only me. Last night and tonight I can't even play a game alone without lagging. This is unusual, sometimes I may experience a little lag when in a party of 4 or 5 but not when I'm by myself. I know that you depend on someone elses connection while playing, but the host migration is failing 75% of the time now too. That video that guy made above was made before the latest patch, and at that time the game was not lagging for me either. He's playing HC too this is why is dropping enimies so quick, its not because of his connection.

LiL_RaGEz

Overall I believe its because theres so many people on it, I checked the playlist menu and I noticed, way more people then normal were on Mw3. Infected alone, had over 100,000. Although its the newest gamemode. But im sure there will be an update or something to fix this.

Pretty sure Activision failed to establish a system of servers that would keep players from the same region on their own servers.  I can't go one single game without people from Russia, South America, Australia, Japan, Iceland, Netherlands and other random countries joining the game.  The way the servers are set up is garbage.  Even when I tried out the dedicated servers, I found a USA server and I was the only USA player on it.   They really fudged the bucket big.  Try pressing tab during any random game you're in...look for the players with yellow or red ping and check their profiles...They are almost always the players from foreign countries and you can't ever shoot them because they teleport due to lag issues.  I really enjoyed the game until this became such a sizable issue.  They need to have regional servers so I don't play with Australians.  Even the new f2p game Blacklight Retribution actually has servers dedicated specifically per region.  Activision is trash and is all about the dollar.  Really a quality game turned garbage.

Pretty sure Activision failed to establish a system of servers that would keep players from the same region on their own servers.  I can't go one single game without people from Russia, South America, Australia, Japan, Iceland, Netherlands and other random countries joining the game.  The way the servers are set up is garbage.  Even when I tried out the dedicated servers, I found a USA server and I was the only USA player on it.   They really fudged the bucket big.  Try pressing tab during any random game you're in...look for the players with yellow or red ping and check their profiles...They are almost always the players from foreign countries and you can't ever shoot them because they teleport due to lag issues.  I really enjoyed the game until this became such a sizable issue.  They need to have regional servers so I don't play with Australians.  Even the new f2p game Blacklight Retribution actually has servers dedicated specifically per region.  Activision is trash and is all about the dollar.  Really a quality game turned garbage.

Yeah i was wondering if there is a patch for it? damn....It really needs to work out more in my opinion.