40 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 10:13 AM by WhiskeyDog5 RSS

Do something about MODIFIED CONTROLLER.

SUPER_P00

I am sick to death with all these modified controllers, its getting out of control, about a third of lobbies im in there is atleast 1 player using a modified controller especially rapid fire and auto dropshot, they don't even try and hide the fact.  I search and destroy 3 members of a clan were using it and even discussing the setting of the mods.  Is anything being done about it?

Thanks for reading and or replying

k

• Re: Do something about MODIFIED CONTROLLER.
    cira

I haven't heard of anyone getting banned or anything like that from using a modded controller.

I have heard of auto drop shot, and have seen it before in a game, I have also seen suspected modders, but there isnt really anything activision can do, how can they say that player can actually shoot that fast and consistent... its not impossible... maybe improbable but whos to say.. like one already suggested.. just leave the game

wolverinecm71

Alot of players are just using scuf controllers and from what  ive read they are not banable ..there are no extra chips or anything its just moving buttons,to make it easier to drop shot or jump and still have both thumbs on the sticks (the way the controller should have been designed in the first place ) .As far as the rapid fire.scuf has a way to deal with that , that is not in violation of any C.O.C. that i know of.

My point is that this is something we have to get used to ,there is no way to tell if its a rapid fire or a scuf .unless someone is just holding down a rapid fire with a sniper rifle.

I dont use one.I just cant see spending 130 bucks on a controller when i have 3 that work fine.

But i do wish that MS would take a hint and redesign the controller of the future xbox 720

Film_Not_Rated

Really just made so people have an easier time jumping...? Wow.

wolverinecm71

If you watch the videos they do ALOT more than just help jumping..

dont get me wrong im not b!tc#in about them ,i'd like 1.just dont want to pay the $.

I'm A cheap A$$

Film_Not_Rated

No I was just laughing at the thought people really can't handle jumping and adjusting your aim within a split of a second.

Never mind some people can't and thats understandable. Never heard of them and when you mentioned thats one of the things they are made for just kinda made me chuckle in a wierd way.

Though I suppose if it helps in many ways, people are going to want the best thing they can get so they feel more ready or feel like they have an advantage over others.

i always thought that once the controller had been opened up and tampered with in anyway it was a violation of ms policy , am properly wrong but would like to see an official statement on it .

I think scuf controllers in my opinion should be considered cheating as well.. thou it does not have weapon inhancing mods, it does have modifications  in the term of button placement.

if you think about it there is no difference to a scuff controller being programmed to lay prone from one of the underside buttons, then a modded drop shot button. so just because it doesnt have rapid fire, doesnt mean someone couldnt argue that its a modded controller

but if its up to me, whatever, ill still go against these players

that6uy420

in my opinion... if it isn't a Microsoft controller that you can buy...  in an xbox blister pack...  then it's a third party and not allowed...  That's just my opinion though.

Auto drop shot is a macro where several functions from different buttons happen automatically and simultaneously by pressing one button (fire button).

Completely different from Scuff, where you must press fire button and prone button at same time.  The underside buttons just make this easier, but albeit likely slower than a macro driven drop shot.

And as well know, speed is everything in this game.

wolverinecm71

All and all its a useless fight.If ya look there is " precision aim " controllers sold at Best Buy , Game stop ,and amazon.

They can call them what they want but its a modded controller.If MS or Sony wanted modded controllers gone they would tell these retailers they couldn't sell the consoles unless they quit selling modded controllers.

But that might hert sales so it will never happen..

Cheating - Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of unknown boosting, glitching, hacking or other related offenses for the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks.

1st Offense2nd Offense3rd Offense
    With proper verification, user is banned for 48 hours (2 days) and a stats reset.With proper verification, user is banned for 7 days (1 week) with a stats reset.With proper verification, user is permanently banned.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205673932#205673932

Yes, you will get reset/banned for using a Modded Controller.

It would be hard to weed out who has a modded controller or not. Therefore, instead of going after every kid that cries mod, they just leave it alone.

JennacydeHq

I had to laugh at this post because the OP actually thinks microsoft will do anything about it. Nothing will change little kids and even some older will always have a modded controller they think they are so cool with it. Also I never heard of opening you xbox controller being cheating, I know it nulls the warrenty because I did that to change the shell of my controller to hot pink with black buttons. I refuse to spend the amount of money for a modded controller, and also I have to much pride to use one

To be honest, who cares? If you think it will help you get one, it's not like it's not available to you as well. Most of the time that I 'think' I might see one they're just spamming the rsass or something silly like that. Pretty much useless really. The drop shot one I can see as being annoying, but I personally still don't care. I die a couple times, then gain an entire game of headshots.

killa4rilla76

FUNNY!!! I always get accused of having a modded controller. Guess what people, go to in game options, change your default controller setting to tactical, and you to can drop shot! I was a panic knifer so I changed my controller configuration through ACTIVISIONS in game options menu. Do some research before you go crying on the forums!

jhonnydizznill

Modified controllers is cheating. We all know that. PERMA BAN THEM all. Or was it IW intention that the sniper rifle be shot dead on the head faster than some of the assualt rifles for those who go pay for it? If so why isnt there the MW3 cheater controller sold by activision? If it isnt cheating and intended there would be official controllers for them to make even more money. And also if so then COD is for amatures and not TRUE competators. And COD should be viewed as a game that is biased, unfair, unbalanced, cheater happy POS!

combatvetizaf

Whenver I encounter cheaters, boosters or glitchers, this is my thought...

How pathetic they have to cheat at a video game that has no real consequence in life.  How sad and unfulfulling is their life that they have to cheat at something so insignificant to give themselves a shred of ego boost.

Personally, I'd rather lose knowing I played the game well instead of enjoying the "benefits" of winning through cheating.  Then again, I'm not a scumbag.

blb128

Modded controllers get thrown around way too much as excuses. Not everyone that fires fast has one. The secret to firing fast is to not push the button down all the way. You gain alot of time by only pushing the button down till it activates. Which by the way isnt very far. Secondly you still have to aim the gun. A modded controller isnt going to make you a beast.

Players who who have perfected the drop shot can do it instantly. No magic one button to do it all for you. Practice anything and you get better at it.

Are you sure they are mods, or do they just have a fast trigger finger? The killcam makes it look like people have mods when they don't.

I have a fast trigger finger and constantly get accused of modding.

obzi

I regulary checkout the xbl support forum, it's fun reading the posts from kids who are  crying because they cheated, hacked or boosted and are now begging to have their account back.

I have yet to see a single one where someone was banned for using a modded controller, until they do something and ban on mass we will see them more and more.

LordB

"auto dropshot" you do realize you can push the prone and fire buttons at the same time right?

onthefly21

I know what you mean about modified controllers, these controllers are ridiculous, ive seen it in action and alls i can say is no wonder i get killed so easily in a game off my streak, the modes on the controller are stupid.

You can have auto dropshot fire and aim all in one, 3 burst or 5 burst on any gun, auto jumpshot and fire, quickscope mode (as if sniping wasnt easy enough in this game) and rapid fire which is the worst.

Something seriously needs doing about these controllers, there too readily available aswell, go on ebay and type in rapid fire controller.

I do dropshot quite alot now because im fed up of getting dropshotted myself and i think its funny but id never buy one of these controllers because its cheating and takes the whole challenge out of the game.

smokesdope

A third of games? Really? It's been weeks maybe longer since I've came across one and I've a lot of time played .

If you come across anything like this save the game in your vault and contact IWEnforcers on twitter or contact one of the members through @InfinityWard go to LISTS and click on IWEnforcers and contact one of them and I'm sure they will be happy to help .

I'm @Davidmckenna12

the most lobbies are full of modded controllers !

search on amazon

DROP SHOT RAPID FIRE CONTROLLER

an you will find so many cheating controllers. The most of them work because no one does something against it.

It would be so easy to stop ! A normal gun have a maximum shot frequency. And if someone is above - mark him - and ban him ! Or the better: increase the bullets he needs to kill someone. So he needs 100 Bullets before the enemy dies. On the other hand he should then be dead with 1 Bullet !

Also the Mods with super JUMP. Why not add an max Jump? So if someone jump higher then he´s dead?

Call of Duty is the most cheated game ever, because of poor coding. It should be known as Cheat of Duty !

I pwn most drop shooters and jump shooters alike. When I started playing COD 2, I quickly figured out that a jump shooter can be defeated by adjusting my aim upward. Then, while playing MW 2 and 3, I came up with a novel way to defeat drop shooters: I adjust my aim slightly downward. This EXTREMELY simple technique works quite well and it really makes me laugh to see the already airborn corpse go flying backward after I take the supreme effort to aim up

It's not a 100% solution, but if you try it, you will get enough enjoyment out of it that you will be hoping for more dropshooters and jumpshooters. Then you can send them messages on xbox live like "hey dude, why don't you try playing the game instead of laying around all the time."

Also, there is nothing better than playing with a standard xbox controller and having people accuse you have using a rapid fire button.

I pwn most drop shooters and jump shooters alike. When I started playing COD 2, I quickly figured out that a jump shooter can be defeated by adjusting my aim upward. Then, while playing MW 2 and 3, I came up with a novel way to defeat drop shooters: I adjust my aim slightly downward. This EXTREMELY simple technique works quite well and it really makes me laugh to see the already airborn corpse go flying backward after I take the supreme effort to aim up

It's not a 100% solution, but if you try it, you will get enough enjoyment out of it that you will be hoping for more dropshooters and jumpshooters. Then you can send them messages on xbox live like "hey dude, why don't you try playing the game instead of laying around all the time."

Also, there is nothing better than playing with a standard xbox controller and having people accuse you have using a rapid fire button.