16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 6:33 AM by JGRnaut_aks RSS

COD community Logic thread.

asianman12

So here I wanted to talk about some experiences I have had playing against people who like to trash talk. I just got out of a slew of games where it was basically 3 of us(with 3 very bad randoms) vs. a team of 6.  They start smack talking before the game even starts.  And of course they win.  They still keep smack talking.  We tell them it was basically 3 against 6 but they feel like we are just "making excuses for being bad". 

I see this crazy logic come out of a lot of player's mouths lately.  They don't think "connection advantage" is a good excuse when clearly one team ends up having the better connection over the other one way or another(team of 3 bars vs. team of 4 bars).  This happens a lot to me and it really just frustrates me to no end. 

Any of you guys ever get in lobbies with these kinds of people??

• Re: COD community Logic thread.
    Izjar11

yes this attitude proliferates, question is do you do the same when your connection or team is playing better?

ogmantis

I think the summary of this post is that most people are ignorant, non educated, blurt at the mouth with no education behind it morons. And i have to agree, Playing this game makes me realize how sad people have really become. It's a wonder we are all still alive.

Izjar11

haha

You don't go out as much then, people are mean no matter where they are (online, day to day)

I think many people go online, talk garbage to either:

A > Simply talk to someone else and get a reaction

B > They want to distract the other players.

I wouldn't take it to serious, best remedy for someone talking smack, laughter.

I would not base it on connection speed. You guys must have not been communicating too well. I have been in many matches 3v6, even 2v6, from the start, people who leave mid match, well thats different. And the 6 always loses. We have 6 targets they only have 2 or 3. If you had good teammates you would have run the match from the get go.

When this happens you have to adjust gameplay. You can't play as if you have a full team. You have the handicap. Use it to your advantage.

asianman12

crunch1200 wrote:

Whoever said COD, or humans for that matter are logical?

However I would not base it on connection speed. You guys must have not been communicating too well. I have been in many matches 3v6, even 2v6, from the start, people who leave mid match, well thats different. And the 6 always loses. We have 6 targets they only have 2 or 3. If you had good teammates you would have run the match from the get go.

When this happens you have to adjust gameplay. You can't play as if you have a full team. You have the handicap. Use it to your advantage.

We were communicating just fine.  We were a team of three with 3 really bad randoms feeding the other team kills.  How is it still our fault when the three of us carried our team going at least 2:1 in terms of KD for each of us??

So you had 6 total? I misunderstood. I thought there were only 3 of you total. Disregard.

asianman12

crunch1200 wrote:

So you had 6 total? I misunderstood. I thought there were only 3 of you total. Disregard.

That's fine.  I guess I didn't word it correctly.  It was a 6v6 but our team was three of us + 3 randoms.  The randoms were terrible and went horribly negative costing us every game we played.  But whenever we mentioned it, we were told that "We should play better" when we did better than even the enemy team in Kills and deaths. 

Wolf_Odinson

I can understand your frustration. That being said however; if it really bothers you so much that others don't think/acknowledge you're as good a player as you know you are, and you don't want to mute them, you do have an option - join a clan with other players of your calibre so you won't be teamed with "lesser" players in matches.

I don't use a mic/headset and the brag chatter/music/baby crying/dog barking/juvenile use of profanity, etc. is a distraction, so I mute everyone to eliminate it.

The worst I ever experienced was in a prematch lobby and the second coming of Patton/Alexander The Great/Blackjack Pershing/Rommel/Napoleon came on and told everyone he was going to, "...quarterback y'all through this match" FYI - he went 3/10 before he rage quit

Personally, I wish the default setup would be that everyone is muted from the start, and you have to choose those with whom you want to interact.

Keep your powder dry,

Wolf

I join a lobby in Free for All, and a couple of prick-scopers have mics.

Wanting to show them up with a gun that takes actual skill, I load up my Golden USAS and start destroying them.

I still came in second, because face it, snipers are better than shotguns, but I was apparently a shotgun using, camping, noob. First off, shotguns are more difficult to use than snipers and much more difficult to use than assault rifles, and second, I was sprinting non-stop the entire match (I was using a shotgun, how the hell do you camp with a shotgun?).

Just the logic of the COD Community. An infinite range, all purpose, instant killing laser beam takes more skill to use than a marshmallow shooter which only works at close-mid range.

I love when i get called a camper, because most of the time, i have earned the Nomad accolade, so i just laugh and laugh.

One time, a guy was smack talking, so I started naming off all the accolades I had earned. Nomad,  Runner, etc. So he starts listing off what he got. First accolade: Lockdown, 2nd, Grassy Gnoll. I got in my Roflcopter and flew away.

wridtrvlr

I can't wait for the kids to go back to school!!  How many days do we have left??  It can't be many, what maybe like 21 at the most??  Maybe then our connections will improve and the crazy psycho **** talking will as well. 

my favourite was myself and 5 friends all prestiged at the same time. We entered a lobby against a 6 player party all above level 60 all part of a level 46 clan while we were at level 1. They talked so much such shirt before the game and after winning they continued to talk shirt and tell us we were garbage and suck at life blah blah blah. We basically just laughed at them, it's pathetic to think some people feel pride and accomplishment while beating lesser players who had no chance from the starting whistle,  its like a NFL team beating a freakin' under 14 flag football team and then cheering and celebrating about the win, That Aint Classy!!