17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 6:41 PM by RAMBONER RSS

Im having trouble playing, Im good  but i want to be better, any tips?

I see people on free for all, search and destroy mainly and team defender pwone   like their is no stoppin them,   whats a good class to use?

• Re: Im having trouble playing, Im good  but i want to be better, any tips?
    Nuk1014

I personally just run with a rapid fire/extended mags  submachine gun with steady aim pro. Though, there really is no good class to use. Well, unless you want to run with the ACR/MP7. Or maybe they just have better connection. If they have 4 bars and you have 3, they probably will kill you most of the time.

ps3agamer1

to tell you the truth, it doesnt matter what anyone else on this forum suggests to you to use, or how you should do things. All i can say is that it is all down to experience, your personal time with the game, things you learn, the things you dont learn, how you play, what you know, how to make the right choices etc.

i started way back in cod4 and of course i was a complete noob, but i stuck at it, learning the ways the game was played, my choice of guns, best routes on maps, how to outsmart that enemy player. i also met one guy who basicly taught me everything i know today, but sadly i lost contact after a few months.

then from there it was cod5, mw2, and again i met some great players and people that i can now call my close friends and we all still play together to this day on mw3 and hopefully black ops 2!

The only advice i can give you is what i said at the start of this post, its all down to you! it will take some time but you will learn the things that are critical to doing well online, and it will all be worth it because there is nothing better than looking back at where you came, to where you are now.

agamer1.

RAMBONER

My opinion......There are a handfull of guys who are amazingly good, great hand eye coordination, great visual perception and a knowledge of what decision to make and when to make it.  Meaning when to stay face on with 3 enemies and when to take 1 of them and bail out.  When to go down those stairs and when to wait a second more before going down them.  A thousand split second decisions that the good players do instinctively where players like myself dive down those same stairs without hesitation and get wasted.

There are also a percentage of people who cant, for whatever reason be good.  My buddy plays a bunch and just doesnt get it.  He caps flags and has fun but just isnt that good at the game.  There is no class, or anything anyone could tell him its just not in his DNA.  Some people are better then others at things no matter how hard someone tries.  Think of the olympics.  How many millions of athletes work just as hard as the ones who compete but just cant get it done.  Its Just life.

The biggest thing is connection.  Im not talking about having 5000 up and 2000down  internet I am talking about ping to everyone else in the lobby.  I live in rural Colorado where  there is no possible way that my connection to 11 other people can be as strong or fast as someone who lives in L.A. or New York.  The pool of players in a close proximity to them is out of my reach.  I may connect to 11 players from either coast (or mostly frickin Mexico) and their connection to each other is that half a second faster then mine is to theirs.  Thats the half a second that I feel like Im behind them and.....in reality I am.

I see amazing beast vids on here and think, WTF guys dont go down that easy in HC for me.  Its just what I get and its my choice to live where I do so.....I do what I can, have fun, and rock my shitty kdr while topping the leaderboards most matches.  Thats something that connection cant stop when you play obj. modes.

Survival helps alot.. try to use your sensivity in Insane (10) .. .. but survival helps alot.. since of enemies comes & you gotta take them out.. that a good practice.

codbig_boss

Assassin,Blind Eye,Dead Silence,Acr silenced,Akimbo FMG9,Support kill streaks.

Thanks guys   you helped alot

whytie84

Lots of good answers here!!! People ask me and a few other guys I roll with about what we are doing / thinking when we play. I could probably mention 50 + things I'm taking into account at any given time. Do I have to actually think about them? No. My thought process and decision making is instant and it's all about making the right choice at the right time.

There are obvious things that can be done to HELP avoid death and gain additional kills, but that's not really helping you personally improve, it's helping your KD improve ;)

Good luck improving, dont get too good now!!!

RAMBONER

Glad you popped in here buddy.  Legitimately one of the coolest, and best players out there.

So I guess I should change my answere now....haa..

I sent Whytie a FR in bops and we played together a bunch.  While I was struggling to get an RC car he was already throwing up dogs and a gunner.....but cool as shi t on the mic at the same time and never acted like he was better then me. 

So my new answere is to hook up with a BEAST and shooththeshit with em.  Then after the match is over watch the theatre from their view.  That way its the same opponents, same map, and same game mode.  I would go 11 and 30 while whytie would go 49 and 10.  So I would go into theatre and see what he saw. I mean its the same dam match and I am getting fked up how could he possibly do that much better.  Well theatre answered that every....single...time....

How he moved on the map, how he controlled engagements, and when he chose to engage or move to another spot.  A common problem with avg. players (RAMBONE) is that we can kill every guy we see.  Guys who are good like ma buddy whytie might pass on firing a shot and letting the enemy know they are there while they move to another spot and take out 3 guys.  I woulda wonded the guy and his buddy might have killed me. 

Watching guys on your FL who do well in the same matches you get worked in will teach you the most in all honesty......that is the best advice...

whytie84

Now their is some advice!!! Lovely passage rambone. And I swear I didn't pay him to write that. (cheques in the post buddy)

A well made point by rambone, don't shoot what you can't kill!!! I see too many team mates (and enemies for that matter) engage their opposition at stupid times where it's virtually impossible to kill them. Why shoot 2 bullets into someone as they go round a corner, for them to do a 180, go prone and shoot the **** outta you as you follow? be patient and engage them when u can kill them before they can react!!!

Uve no idea how many enemies give away their position to me by firing 1 or 2 bullets and either missing or just injuring me. 9times outta 10 on a decent connection I will turn that around and kill them. That's the best simple and easy to implement advice anyone can give. The rest comes down to your judgement.

nuttin2say

whytie & rambone ... don't know you guys, but that's really a good bit of advice right there ...

don't shoot at what you can't kill.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone on my team got made because I passed on a shot and they saw me do so. They blame me because they got killed. No, it was an iffy shot to begin with besides the fact that something about the way the guy/guys were moving told me there was another guy in the area that I did not see.

For me, personal rule # 1 is ... survive. You can't take out opponents if you're down. Not only that, every time you die you're helping the other team earn a kill streak.

Anyway, very good advice guys.

RAMBONER

Ya buddy  I was wondering if maybe you had the wrong address since I hadnt received any money yet.  I guess we could do paypal or something.....haa.haa..

It sucks this games connection is so whack we cant play anymore.  Funny how bad everyone bitched about bops but when we hooked up it ran ok.  This game runs likeshit when we party up. 

To the OP you can also watch theatre from any players point of view so if you get your ass kicked and another guy on your team does well you can watch them and see what they did.  I have been disappointed doing that sometimes though because they ended up camping their asses off or something.  Thats what is nice about watching someone who you know is good.  I know whytie cant sit still for more then a few seconds so the gameplay will be good not boring and that is more my style too.  I just die twice as much and get half as many kills but....meh....

whytie84

Probably owe u 20 bucks now. I made a new account recently, whytie84_

So far my stats on it are actually better than my main account, but that'll soon change once I get playing on it more. Sent u a FR, planning on trying to get more games with yourself and a few other guys across the pond that I don't normally play with.

That's yourself, scratch1more & thisguygotcha.

Played with scratch earlier this evening, (morning for him) he was 2barring and on beast mode. B1tch kept hogging the air support!!!

RAMBONER

Good stuff buddy.  Ya better play on your other tag with me though cuz I like watchin you jump on flags with me even when your on big streaks.  You probably go "Ahhhh feckin RAMBONE is on B again I guess I better go help him out" haaa...

The lags so inconsistant you never know anyway.  I played a few with snipingdbag awhile back and it wasnt too bad.  They were playing tdm which fked me more then the connection I think.

Ill be on tomorrow after I do my duties and ill see how my internet at the firehouse is running.  Sometimes its shitty and sometimes its good.  I got a class I want you to run so ill hit ya up.  I even kick ass with it so Im sure you will be crazy.