11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 5:55 AM by LONGWELL2670 RSS

Clan Challenges = Fail?

Dear Beachhead,

Wouldn't it just be easier if you allowed non-premium elite members to compete in Clan Operations instead of continuing to fail to roll out Clan Challenges, day in and day out for the past 8 months or so? I understand Activision wants you to **** everyone for their money, but by the time Black Ops II and Elite 2.0 rolls out, who is honestly stupid enough to re-subscribe for this failed service?

9. How long does it take for Clan XP and Badges to be awarded?

Typically, Clan XP and Badging can take up to 48 hours to be awarded but in some cases may take longer.

Still waiting on my Flanker challenge XP. 72 hours and counting. Beachhead fails again.

• Re: Clan Challenges
    azn_chic

xMRxNemo wrote:

Dear Beachhead,

Wouldn't it just be easier if you allowed non-premium elite members to compete in Clan Operations instead of continuing to fail to roll out Clan Challenges, day in and day out for the past 8 months or so? I understand Activision wants you to **** everyone for their money, but by the time Black Ops II and Elite 2.0 rolls out, who is honestly stupid enough to re-subscribe for this failed service?

9. How long does it take for Clan XP and Badges to be awarded?

Typically, Clan XP and Badging can take up to 48 hours to be awarded but in some cases may take longer.

Still waiting on my Flanker challenge XP. 72 hours and counting. Beachhead fails again.

how would that make anything easier?

It makes it easier to just allow everyone, premium or not, to play in Clan Ops versus opening Clan Challenges for the non-premium members. Honestly, where's the challenge in the Longshot Challenge or the Flanker Challenge, how hard can it be to kill someone from long distance or flank someone from behind? 10 accoades in 12 hours = Easy 300XP, where's the challenge in that?

If you have 6 premium members altogether in your clan with terrible K/D ratios versus a clan with excellent to decent K/D ratios with 30 members and only 3 who have premium accounts, the clan with the terrible K/D wins because they have more people eligible to compete in Clan Ops versus the clan with only 3 premium members, regardless of how big or better that clan is.

Only premium members can compete and rank up your clan, the more premium members, the easier it is to get Gold, all you really need is 3-4 people to get Gold in Clan Ops, but what if you're the only premium member in your party of 6? You're out of luck. Getting top 10% would be more competitive if all players in your clan were allowed to compete, it would also make the game more interesting for everybody if your top 6 players can achieve top 10%.

Makes sense?

phxs72

Of course, the Clan Ops would be more competitive if everyone counted but it's a perk of having purchased elite.  Ergo why they put clan ops out before they put out clan challenges.  They are servicing the paying customers first.  As far as the challenges being too easy goes, it was a beta test.  The whole point of a beta test is to get as much data from the test as possible.  So they set the tiers up low on purpose so that as many clans as possible would achieve the maximum tier for the testing.  Personnally, I wouldn't mind if they left the challenges low just as a reward for having to wait so long for them to be released but the plan is to make them more competitive in the future.

It's a perk for paying customers but it fails in so many ways, the only upside is that I get the maps cheaper as opposed to buying them separately, even so, I rarely get to play them because not everyone in my clan bought into this scam.. i'd rather run with my clan without the new maps then play the new maps with a group of randoms who don't follow objectives at all.

As far as Clan Ops goes, 9 out 10 times they are Core, which my clan absolutely hates to play if all you ever played was hardcore mode since COD4. Clan Ops also only consist of Domination, TDM, and Kill Confirmed, where's the S&D, Headquarters, CTF, etc.? Black Ops II is right around the corner and they still can't even figure out the Clan Challenges yet? yeah.. not falling for this scam twice. I'll still end up buying Black Ops II because I know Treyarch won't mess up as badly as InfinityWard did, but Elite 2.0? No thank you.

Guy8915

Erm....9 out of 10 ops are core? Funny that because looking at the clan ops that are posted its more 2 out of 3. Meaning 1 op every weekend is shitty hardcore

that6uy420

xMRxNemo wrote:

It's a perk for paying customers but it fails in so many ways, the only upside is that I get the maps cheaper as opposed to buying them separately,

you obviously didn't pay attention to the fiasco that was the july 4th sale...

azn_chic

xMRxNemo wrote:

It makes it easier to just allow everyone, premium or not, to play in Clan Ops versus opening Clan Challenges for the non-premium members. Honestly, where's the challenge in the Longshot Challenge or the Flanker Challenge, how hard can it be to kill someone from long distance or flank someone from behind? 10 accoades in 12 hours = Easy 300XP, where's the challenge in that?

If you have 6 premium members altogether in your clan with terrible K/D ratios versus a clan with excellent to decent K/D ratios with 30 members and only 3 who have premium accounts, the clan with the terrible K/D wins because they have more people eligible to compete in Clan Ops versus the clan with only 3 premium members, regardless of how big or better that clan is.

Only premium members can compete and rank up your clan, the more premium members, the easier it is to get Gold, all you really need is 3-4 people to get Gold in Clan Ops, but what if you're the only premium member in your party of 6? You're out of luck. Getting top 10% would be more competitive if all players in your clan were allowed to compete, it would also make the game more interesting for everybody if your top 6 players can achieve top 10%.

Makes sense?

Welcome to the Pay-to-Win Era.

CowboySr

It doesnt, this is just another rant on deaf ears.  No theyre not gonna make it free for everyone now after they charged others for it. That would be grounds for a lawsuit. Obviously.

Lawsuit, really? "Oh no, they're letting non-premiums compete in Clan Ops! Now I have to start recruiting Clan members for their skill, not for their 500xp founder status or premium eligibility!" All one has to do is go into the Clan Operation discussions to see how desperate people are. "so and so clan recruiting, premium members only, must be able to compete in Clan Ops, K/D not important" If you have to recruit randoms to earn clan XP, then you're not a legitimate clan and it defeats the whole purpose of "Elite."

As far as my argument goes, it's legit. I paid for Elite because of the maps, unless they gave the maps away for free, then i'd say I was getting robbed. There's no reason why regular Elite members shouldn't be able to compete in these operations, I was expecting a GameBattles atmosphere when I first heard of the idea, now it's me, my several clan members with premium against your group of randoms. If they can't compete, why should they bother to even show up?

that6uy420

most of the clan begging going on is asking for premium/founder members...  WITH KD reqs.  very seldom are you finding those with 0 req on KD.... those are the ones with like 5 kids in them.  Let's not forget that they want mandatory participation in every clan op...

• Re: Clan Challenges = Fail?
    LONGWELL2670

IF THEY WANT THERE SCORE TO COUNT BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER